NCL Check In Stalled????

troyphoto

We're sailing tomorrow with Sis in Law and her friend. They're first time cruisers... with passports only a year old or so. Neither has ever been out of the US before.

We sat down last weekend and finally got ourselves through the online check in process. I sat with them at my computer and walked them through the process.

Of course, wife and I, with a dozen cruises under our belts, and on our 2nd passport each, immediately moved into the completed status on NCL website.

Our travel buddies, though, seem to be stuck. It was that way on the day we did the online check in. Everything is filled in. Nothing blank. We've gone back in and double checked... but they're still hovering in the not-complete status.

Our TA called NCL rep, and they couldn't see any problems, but we're in the lock-down period when we cannot change anything in the docs.

That means no cruise docs, no luggage tags to download and print. And we sail tomorrow (Sunday 4 Dec). Has anyone dealt with a similar situation?

Anyone ever had to go to the terminal with only a reservation number? How does that work?

check in.png

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

They’ll just have to complete the check in at the pier if none of the info is registered.  Will just

take longer at the check in desk.

I wasn't sure if they'd be allowed in without the cruise docs in hand. Do we just show their paid receipt to get in?

1 hour ago, troyphoto said:

We're sailing tomorrow with Sis in Law and her friend. They're first time cruisers... with passports only a year old or so. Neither has ever been out of the US before.

We sat down last weekend and finally got ourselves through the online check in process. I sat with them at my computer and walked them through the process.

Of course, wife and I, with a dozen cruises under our belts, and on our 2nd passport each, immediately moved into the completed status on NCL website.

Our travel buddies, though, seem to be stuck. It was that way on the day we did the online check in. Everything is filled in. Nothing blank. We've gone back in and double checked... but they're still hovering in the not-complete status.

Our TA called NCL rep, and they couldn't see any problems, but we're in the lock-down period when we cannot change anything in the docs.

That means no cruise docs, no luggage tags to download and print. And we sail tomorrow (Sunday 4 Dec). Has anyone dealt with a similar situation?

Anyone ever had to go to the terminal with only a reservation number? How does that work?

check in.png

It is something under Health and Safety. Go back and open that link and check. 

Edit: actually, it may be needing to verify a phone number or email under personal info. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

@BirdTravels & @FLcruisergrl, I agree with you!  However, their opportunity passed them by already.

@graphicguy gave them the best answer, since there needs to be some leeway for those "LAST MINUTE" bookings (closer than 3 days)!

@troyphoto As for luggage... either they need to carry-on theirs.  Or, perhaps send all luggage to your stateroom?!?

• Like 2

I just took a cruise in October without completing the online check-in.  Was no problem at all, It took all of 5 minutes to check in.  I just printed out my cruise summary and showed that to the person at the security line.  I always carry on my luggage, so I wasn't worried about luggage tags

• Like 2