Royal Caribbean Shareholder Onboard Credit

Ideb

I have two completely unrelated questions so I am going to make 2 separate post. One question is about shareholder onboard credit.  I just booked a Christmas week cruise which is just 16 days out. I went online and uploaded the documents showing I have 100 shares of stock. Is there time for Royal to add the onboard credit to my account or is it too close to the sailing date? Also, I blocked out my account number on the statement I uploaded. I thought I read a previous post saying it is okay to do that, but now I can't find it. Is it okay to to upload the required document without Robinhood account number showing?

16 minutes ago, mattg43 said:

I sent the forms in via email and had the OBC in my cruise planner in about 24 hours.

I have another cruise booked for May that I booked back in October and I uploaded the documents a few days after booking. It seems like it took a few weeks before it showed on my account. Do you think it would be any faster if I emailed them?

19 hours ago, Ideb said:

I have two completely unrelated questions so I am going to make 2 separate post. One question is about shareholder onboard credit.  I just booked a Christmas week cruise which is just 16 days out. I went online and uploaded the documents showing I have 100 shares of stock. Is there time for Royal to add the onboard credit to my account or is it too close to the sailing date? Also, I blocked out my account number on the statement I uploaded. I thought I read a previous post saying it is okay to do that, but now I can't find it. Is it okay to to upload the required document without Robinhood account number showing?

Sent in two weeks before. Received credit within 48 hours. Wasn't an issue.

Typically 3-4 business days.  Sometimes I get the confirmation email, other times I do not.   1 time it didn’t post after 3 weeks.   I contacted them again, and it was posted within 1 day (and not return communication)

19 hours ago, Ideb said:

I have another cruise booked for May that I booked back in October and I uploaded the documents a few days after booking. It seems like it took a few weeks before it showed on my account. Do you think it would be any faster if I emailed them?

I have done the request twice, both time by email.  I received the OBC pretty quick (maybe a couple of days).  The first time, there was no correspondence.  The second time, they sent emails stating I was getting the OBC, one for each cruise.

If you don't hear anything in a day or two, try emailing them.  It can't hurt.

16 minutes ago, dssking said:

For being a shareholder, what is the onboard credit worth?

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less
  • Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 10:35 PM, Ideb said:

Also, I blocked out my account number on the statement I uploaded. I thought I read a previous post saying it is okay to do that, but now I can't find it. Is it okay to to upload the required document without Robinhood account number showing?

You may, and should, black out any account numbers. It needs to show the stock owners name, RCI stock, number of shares, and date of the statement which can't be more than 60 or 90 days old... I can't remember which.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

You may, and should, black out any account numbers. It needs to show the stock owners name, RCI stock, number of shares, and date of the statement which can't be more than 60 or 90 days old... I can't remember which.

The statement can’t be over 90 days old.  I agree we always block out our account numbers before submitting.

• Like 1

I think I set a land-speed record for turnaround time. And this was less than a week ago, so very current.

Submitted request at 6:39 PM on 11/30/22 via e-mail

Royal replied with updated invoice showing the OBC at....

10:28 PM on 11/30/22!

So that was a little less than 4 hours of sweating it, wondering when they'd get to my request!