Riveria Cruise Dec. 7th AMA

itsalwaysthree

Hello Oceania cruisers!  My partner and i are currently in Rome (ah, how I love Rome) and we will be on the refitted Dec. 7th transatlantic out of Rome to Miami. It is our first Oceania cruise so we are excited!  Previous experience is NCL x4 (2 in the Haven) and RCL x2. I also have no doubt we will be 2 of the youngest people on board- I’m 39. 

We also know this will be a refitted, fresh paint ship. We didn’t know if you all wanted a “fresh set of eyes” to ask questions of as well.  I’m sure others can do a comparison of what it was to what it is but we have no expectations, honestly. We are along for the ride! And to learn how to play Bridge. 🙂

let us know if you have any questions and we will answer them with pictures! When we can. 

Edited by itsalwaysthree
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, itsalwaysthree said:

Hello Oceania cruisers!  My partner and i are currently in Rome (ah, how I love Rome) and we will be on the refitted Dec. 11 transatlantic out of Rome to Miami. It is our first Oceania cruise so we are excited!  Previous experience is NCL x4 (2 in the Haven) and RCL x2. I also have no doubt we will be 2 of the youngest people on board- I’m 39. 

We also know this will be a refitted, fresh paint ship. We didn’t know if you all wanted a “fresh set of eyes” to ask questions of as well.  I’m sure others can do a comparison of what it was to what it is but we have no expectations, honestly. We are along for the ride! And to learn how to play Bridge. 🙂

let us know if you have any questions and we will answer them with pictures! When we can. 

The NEXT cosmetic/tech retrofitting is not something new. It’s already been done to the four R ships over the past two years.

And, though you won’t be geezers, you’ll see others at 40 +\- as well as some kids. FWIW, we just finished 47 days on Marina and a few families with young kids plus some college alumni groups did some of the individual segments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• itsalwaysthree changed the title to Riveria Cruise Dec. 7th AMA
24 minutes ago, itsalwaysthree said:

We didn’t know if you all wanted a “fresh set of eyes” to ask questions of as well.  I’m sure others can do a comparison of what it was to what it is but we have no expectations, honestly.

Now we have the date right, I would love to hear your observations of Riviera. We get on in Miami on December 23 so don’t mess her up! 😋

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last year I did the Rome to Miami transAtlantic on Riviera. Fabulous fabulous cruise! I played a lot of bridge.
Back in those days as cruising was still ramping back up, we missed several ports. So the 16 day cruise had 10 sea days. It made for a great bridge play.

The bridge players met in one of the specialty restaurants and it was a very wonderful setting. In the afternoons while many players were occupied playing duplicate bridge, the rubber bridge players sat back at the stern of the ship overlooking the expansive windows. What a view!

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 4

Stu and i are plannng  to  be in Rome in May for the Vista Rome to Rome May 6..

I havent been there in several years..where are you staying..we will probably be there two nights..and would like a nice hotel..used to stay at George V but too expensive now i am sure..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Last year I did the Rome to Miami transAtlantic on Riviera. Fabulous fabulous cruise! I played a lot of bridge.
Back in those days as cruising was still ramping back up, we missed several ports. So the 16 day cruise had 10 sea days. It made for a great bridge play.

The bridge players met in one of the specialty restaurants and it was a very wonderful setting. In the afternoons while many players were occupied playing duplicate bridge, the rubber bridge players sat back at the stern of the ship overlooking the expansive windows. What a view!

Enjoy your cruise!

This is the partner :-). We’re excited to learn bridge, and experience those ports of call! Neither one of us have been to any of the European ports.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Stu and i are plannng  to  be in Rome in May for the Vista Rome to Rome May 6..

I havent been there in several years..where are you staying..we will probably be there two nights..and would like a nice hotel..used to stay at George V but too expensive now i am sure..

Jancruz1

We’re at the Hotel degli Artisti, and it’s fantastic! It’s right by  St. Isadore’s College. Not far from Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps. The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The concierges and bartender all have an impressive knowledge of English and other languages. They’ve been gracious in calling us taxis and making dinner recommendations and reservations. There’s a courtyard with lemon and lime trees. Spacious, clean rooms. There’s an elevator! The breakfast is a welcome precursor to shipboard life. I’m sure You can certainly find cheaper places to stay; however, the value of the things I mentioned makes it a good deal. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, schelercamus said:

We’re at the Hotel degli Artisti, and it’s fantastic! It’s right by  St. Isadore’s College. Not far from Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps. The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The concierges and bartender all have an impressive knowledge of English and other languages. They’ve been gracious in calling us taxis and making dinner recommendations and reservations. There’s a courtyard with lemon and lime trees. Spacious, clean rooms. There’s an elevator! The breakfast is a welcome precursor to shipboard life. I’m sure You can certainly find cheaper places to stay; however, the value of the things I mentioned makes it a good deal. 

We stayed at the Hotel degli Artisti in Rome for a week in 2018.  It was fantastic!  It was everything schelercamus said.  I highly recommend it. 

• Like 1

Seeing some lovely pics coming out of the book of face … Verandah cabin bathrooms look lovely, well thought out. 

Colour scheme and new decor in cabin makes it look fresh and roomy. I approve. Looking forward to seeing more!

• Like 3

On 12/5/2022 at 7:47 AM, schelercamus said:

Thanks,

sounds perfect for us..

Jancruz1

• Like 1