Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2023

bluemarble

I appreciate the document listing the different themes.  I have looked at my confirmation documents and there is no confirmation of the Gala Night Themes.  Is this something that will be made available when we make are final payment?

Thank you.  

@steve4031, as @Host Hattie has indicated, the dress code and theme schedule is listed in My Cunard. Specifically, it is listed for each day within the Day Calendar section. Here is an illustration showing where to find the dress code schedule for your booking in the lower right corner within the Day Calendar for each day.

My Cunard Day Calendar Corrected.png

If you are booked on a 2023 sailing, then you should see the dress code and themes listed there. And if you are on a 2023 sailing where there is a gap in my documents, please let me know what you are seeing listed in My Cunard so that I can update my documents.

Edited by bluemarble

16 hours ago, bluemarble said:

@steve4031, as @Host Hattie has indicated, the dress code and theme schedule is listed in My Cunard. Specifically, it is listed for each day within the Day Calendar section. Here is an illustration showing where to find the dress code schedule for your booking in the lower right corner within the Day Calendar for each day.

My Cunard Day Calendar Corrected.png

If you are booked on a 2023 sailing, then you should see the dress code and themes listed there. And if you are on a 2023 sailing where there is a gap in my documents, please let me know what you are seeing listed in My Cunard so that I can update my documents.

Greetings,

I found the my calendar once I logged in.  I am on the July 7th EB Transatlantic for 2023.  Right now the first Gala on 7/8 is listed as Red and Gold and the second Gala which is on 7/12 is listed as Roaring 20s.  This is consistent with the spread sheet that you have completed.  

I appreciate your assistance. The details of knowing the theme of each Gala night will be helpful to us.  My GF enjoys dressing up, and would have been annoyed with me for not catching on to the themes ahead of time.  So once again Cruisecritic saves the day.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, momphoto said:

One of our gala nights is white ice.  What kind of clothes would one wear?  Do you have to dress in the theme or will suits and fancy dress still be ok?

Not fancy dress, but evening dress is fine, as are suits. I’m sure I wouldn’t have a dress for a white ice theme. Perhaps if you have a diamond engagement ring that might do.

7 minutes ago, momphoto said:

One of our gala nights is white ice.  What kind of clothes would one wear?  Do you have to dress in the theme or will suits and fancy dress still be ok?

Dressing to the themes is entirely optional. As long as you adhere to the Gala Evening dress code you will be fine. If you would like to dress to the "Ice White" theme, here are Cunard's attire suggestions for that theme.

"Formal Wear
Gentlemen – White Tie
Ladies – Evening Gown
Appropriate white, silver, blue gowns and accessories"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, momphoto said:

I have a silvery gown for the Ice White night in Alaska… with a bit of blue in the silver… not quite the brilliance of a glacier blue… but an ode to it.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 8:23 PM, momphoto said:

By fancy dress I assume you mean what we in the UK call a dressy evening gown/dress. Fyi fancy dress in the UK means dressing up like a clown or TV/film character.  Love white nights I have a mid length white dress which can be accessorised endlessly. Enjoy yourself 👍🙂

28 minutes ago, monsoon20009 said:

From My Booking:

QM2 M317: 6/24/23: Gala Evening--Red & Gold (your schedule shows Black & White), 6/28/23: Gala Evening--Masquerade

Thank you for that correction. I have updated the QM2 document accordingly.

That's interesting they have broken the pattern for M317. The first gala evening on each westbound crossing has been the Black and White theme for the past several years. And in general, the first gala evening following most other Southampton departures fleetwide has been Black and White as well.

Is anyone else seeing differences in the theme schedules for your crossings from what I have posted in the QM2 document? There could well be other discrepancies since I figured Cunard would be staying with the usual pattern for each crossing this year after I learned the schedules for a few of the crossings were following that pattern.

I am going on a 4 nighter & the planner just says gala night - no theme mentioned . Is it likely there is no theme? Its not till 23rd April which might be enough time to diet into my black dress but would be useful to know. Thank you for any advice - my first Cunard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jools222 said:

I am going on a 4 nighter & the planner just says gala night - no theme mentioned . Is it likely there is no theme? Its not till 23rd April which might be enough time to diet into my black dress but would be useful to know. Thank you for any advice - my first Cunard.

Yes, there are gala evenings with no themes. That's especially true of the four night cruises to Hamburg where they generally try to schedule gala evenings on both sea days of a short cruise. Sometimes one of those two evenings will have a theme, other times not. And sometimes one or both of those gala evenings might be designated "optional" on those short cruises. The next day after those gala evenings will be disembarkation day for some/many passengers, so I suppose that's why they may want to keep those gala evenings a bit more low-key by not designating a theme and/or designating them as optional.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, skleeb said:

Should I bring a black and white dress, and and a masquerade mask on my crossing? I already have a gold shimmery top if it is gold and red one night.

Assuming you are on a crossing in 2023, you can check the schedule for QM2 I've posted at the top of this thread to see what I have as the themes for your crossing. You should also confirm the schedule by looking at the Day Calendar section of your booking in My Cunard. The dress code and theme schedule for your voyage is shown there.

Are you on an eastbound or a westbound crossing? The usual schedule for an eastbound crossing is to have Red and Gold and Roaring Twenties for the themes. The usual schedule for a westbound crossing is to have Black and White and Masquerade for the themes.

However, I was recently informed that the first theme for the June 23rd westbound crossing is going to be Red and Gold instead of the expected Black and White. So do check your calendar in My Cunard to confirm the schedule for your crossing.

Edited by bluemarble

2 hours ago, naturelovergirl said:

@bluemarble

I do not have the dress code (as I am on QE the next week)

But

The itinerary for Q 325 to Alaska (leaving on July 27) is changed and different than it used to be

You may want to adapt your list for the ports on that sailing

Thanks for all you do to help others on this site!!!

Thanks. I had read about some of the changes to the July 27 QE Alaska itinerary (involving Skagway and Haines) but hadn't checked all the details. I have now and have updated the itinerary in the QE document accordingly. Thanks for the reminder.

If you could post the dress code schedule for that cruise when you have the opportunity, that would be helpful. I figure it's probably going to be Ice White on July 28 and Masquerade on August 5 to mimic the other Alaska itineraries, but I could use confirmation of that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Assuming you are on a crossing in 2023, you can check the schedule for QM2 I've posted at the top of this thread to see what I have as the themes for your crossing. You should also confirm the schedule by looking at the Day Calendar section of your booking in My Cunard. The dress code and theme schedule for your voyage is shown there.

Are you on an eastbound or a westbound crossing? The usual schedule for an eastbound crossing is to have Red and Gold and Roaring Twenties for the themes. The usual schedule for a westbound crossing is to have Black and White and Masquerade for the themes.

However, I was recently informed that the first theme for the June 23rd westbound crossing is going to be Red and Gold instead of the expected Black and White. So do check your calendar in My Cunard to confirm the schedule for your crossing.

Thanks. I am actually doing a back to back in May 2024. Looks like I should plan for two theme nights each crossing!

• Like 1

I'm on the QV Northern Lights departing October 27 (returning to Soton on Nov 8). There are four sea days that are "eligible" to be gala, but only three are. All other nights are "smart."

Oct 28 Gala Black & White

Oct 31 Gala Masquerade

Nov 5 Gala Roaring 20's

I have a question for anyone who has been on board for Halloween. Do people dress in costume? (UK "fancy dress") I know that on any other Masquerade night, it's only fancy masks in the Queens Room. But for Halloween...?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm on the QV Northern Lights departing October 27 (returning to Soton on Nov 8). There are four sea days that are "eligible" to be gala, but only three are. All other nights are "smart."

Oct 31 Gala Masquerade

Nov 5 Gala Roaring 20's

I have a question for anyone who has been on board for Halloween. Do people dress in costume? (UK "fancy dress") I know that on any other Masquerade night, it's only fancy masks in the Queens Room. But for Halloween...?

We were on a QM2 crossing in 2015 where the theme for October 31st was actually designated "Halloween Ball". There were a few who took the opportunity to dress in costume for that occasion, but as I recall it was only a very few who did so. Perhaps you'll see a bit more flourish to some of the outfits/accessories/masquerade masks for your October 31st Masquerade evening, but full-blown customs/fancy dress, probably not so much.

You can expect the ship to be well decorated for Halloween. You'll probably see lots of intricately carved pumpkins on display that day.

50 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Oct 31 Gala Masquerade

Nov 5 Gala Roaring 20's

Remember Halloween is not such a big deal over here, despite the efforts of retailers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...