Show me your Hot Glass creation

forbjz

I did a paperweight. Don’t have time for a pix - we leave on a cruise tomorrow. But I’ve received lots of compliments and love having something I designed and “made” - thought the experts do most of that. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. 

16 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

I did a paperweight. Don’t have time for a pix - we leave on a cruise tomorrow. But I’ve received lots of compliments and love having something I designed and “made” - thought the experts do most of that. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. 

So jealous.  We don’t leave until Halloween. Have fun!

3 minutes ago, forbjz said:

Wow! Love them all! Were all of them created in the class? The jellyfish is especially pretty.

Yes I helped with all of them. Not all on the same cruise. Here is my latest jellyfish. Might have to make a 3rd next time on Solstice.

313916535_5930380963672692_6417532554776722508_n.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Great pieces!  Can you share the price of each?

I'm not really sure what I paid. The last 4 were booked online with a discount. There might be a additional cost depending on the piece blown. The photo was the cost pre covid.IMG_20191011_173944298.thumb.jpg.c1a5d7cb943206fe55de1127ff2984ac.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have several glass pieces made on Celebrity and also at the Corning Museum of Glass. The only piece I know for sure that we made on a Celebrity ship (Solstice, Christmas Day 2019) is this one:

42B7D9F0-67F3-4C05-B94B-7A2F8C62709F.thumb.jpeg.495d913511ae3cb3fe78eb75c6bb5349.jpeg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The photo was the cost pre covid.

Wow, they do not give them away. When we were on the Eclipse this past June we booked a cruise for next year on the Flora. The person we dealt with sent a gift pack to our room for the booking (that was a first, in all the times we have booked on board). One of the things we received was this bowl, I assumed it was made onboard. I am glad we were driving home from the port as the thing is very heavy!

20221211_184311.jpg

• Like 3

I made a sea turtle on Eclipse in September. Wasn’t one of the ones on display but another poster had shown hers from a precious cruise and then I knew what I wanted to make on mine. I asked the instructor if I could make a sea turtle and he said sure! I actually was able to do quite a bit of it and paid with obc so really cost nothing! Every time I look at it now I have fond memories of the experience…best souvenir I’ve ever brought back. 

E9E34F9F-4597-4FE6-AC59-77529A34FECD.jpeg

6A2926CF-4092-4040-9DBA-7CF59E3CB00A.jpeg

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I made a sea turtle on Eclipse in September. Wasn’t one of the ones on display but another poster had shown hers from a precious cruise and then I knew what I wanted to make on mine. I asked the instructor if I could make a sea turtle and he said sure! I actually was able to do quite a bit of it and paid with obc so really cost nothing! Every time I look at it now I have fond memories of the experience…best souvenir I’ve ever brought back. 

E9E34F9F-4597-4FE6-AC59-77529A34FECD.jpeg

6A2926CF-4092-4040-9DBA-7CF59E3CB00A.jpeg

Nice piece, Cathy.  How long is it roughly?

5 hours ago, kayehall said:

I am trying to find this class so I can add it to my reservation.  Do I have to wait until I am on the ship?  Or can I confirm it ahead of time?  Thanks

I purchased the class pre cruise in the cruise planner and then just paid the extra for my piece at the time of my appointment. Should be available under “onboard activities” but check all the different categories if you don’t see it there. Be sure you’re on one of the three ships that has the hot glass…Eclipse, Equinox or Solstice. 

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I purchased the class pre cruise in the cruise planner and then just paid the extra for my piece at the time of my appointment. Should be available under “onboard activities” but check all the different categories if you don’t see it there. Be sure you’re on one of the three ships that has the hot glass…Eclipse, Equinox or Solstice. 

So what exactly do you get when you pay for the class? Does the 120 fee not let you take the item home?