Disembark Tours - What do you do with your luggage?

goingtoseepenguins

You put your luggage outside your cabin the last night with the colour disembarkment luggage tags you will receive during the week.

You pick up your luggage dock side and take to the Coach.

The driver will place luggage under the Coach.

Once at the airport, the driver will unload all the luggage.  You go into the airport.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, phabric said:

You put your luggage outside your cabin the last night with the colour disembarkment luggage tags you will receive during the week.

Once at the airport, the driver will unload all the luggage.  You go into the airport.

Exactly what we did in most places. In Buenos Aires our luggage went in a truck and was on sidewalk outside terminal when our tour bus arrived. Lots of Princess reps there to help us find ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Do you have to put your luggage outside the cabin on the last night? My mom and I are about to take our first Princess cruise and were considering a debarkation day tour, but I didn't even think to look into whether Princess has self disembarkation, which we've always done on our other cruises.

Princess has self disembarkment where you carry all your luggage off the ship.  You don’t put your luggage outside the cabin.  They are the first group off the ship.

If it is a Princess post cruise excursion, put luggage tags, luggage outside the cabin door, pick up luggage to Coach..

11 minutes ago, cruiser82 said:

Do you have to put your luggage outside the cabin on the last night? My mom and I are about to take our first Princess cruise and were considering a debarkation day tour, but I didn't even think to look into whether Princess has self disembarkation, which we've always done on our other cruises.

Generally yes, unless the excursion departure is so early that they instruct everyone to do self assist. 

Assuming your excursion allows you to check bags, the excursion departure time is timed to give people who checked their luggage time to retrieve it and go through CBP.  So even if you carry all your bags off, you'll still be waiting for people on your excursion who checked theirs.  So IMO you might as well check bags rather than carry them off yourself since your excursion will still be waiting for others who checked bags.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Generally yes, unless the excursion departure is so early that they instruct everyone to do self assist. 

Assuming your excursion allows you to check bags, the excursion departure time is timed to give people who checked their luggage time to retrieve it and go through CBP.  So even if you carry all your bags off, you'll still be waiting for people on your excursion who checked theirs.  So IMO you might as well check bags rather than carry them off yourself since your excursion will still be waiting for others who checked bags.

This helps, thank you. We wouldn't mind waiting for people to get their bags, so if there is an option to carry our bags off we'll do that. Will definitely look into the procedure for this specific tour before booking.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

That's how it worked for us.

1 hour ago, cruiser82 said:

This helps, thank you. We wouldn't mind waiting for people to get their bags, so if there is an option to carry our bags off we'll do that. Will definitely look into the procedure for this specific tour before booking.

If you are on a tour and self disembark you will simply end up waiting outside the terminal for the rest of your participants to arrive.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Looking at the Windsor tour from Southampton. My guess is that you can also send your carry-on luggage &  CPAP to be seen again at the airport, and only take valuable items with you for the tour in a bag that can be carried as you visit Windsor Castle and go for lunch in the city.

All advice welcome. 

Edited by Sailingpeace

4 hours ago, Sailingpeace said:

Looking at the Windsor tour from Southampton. My guess is that you can also send your carry-on luggage &  CPAP to be seen again at the airport, and only take valuable items with you for the tour in a bag that can be carried as you visit Windsor Castle and go for lunch in the city.

All advice welcome. 

We did this tour in 2019.  It was the first time we've done a cruise line disembarkation tour and it was flawless.  The bus was about half full because, as either the guide or driver said, "we have to account for luggage space for each passenger."  All luggage was stored in the bottom compartment of the bus.  We really enjoyed the tour and appreciated having the guide on the bus and the included audio tour at the castle. 

Thanks for the info. 

So I understand that you left your carry on on the bus ?

I wonder what Windsor Castle has as restrictions for bags for visitors , some museums have gone really minimal (no backpack etc). . I would not feel comfortable leaving some items on the bus. 

Glad you enjoyed , look forward to the same. 

5 minutes ago, Sailingpeace said:

Thanks for the info. 

So I understand that you left your carry on on the bus ?

I wonder what Windsor Castle has as restrictions for bags for visitors , some museums have gone really minimal (no backpack etc). . I would not feel comfortable leaving some items on the bus. 

Glad you enjoyed , look forward to the same. 

As I remember security was very tight.  IIRC the bus driver stayed with the bus.