Signature Suite/Neptune Suite

regan3

Is the upgrade to a Neptune Suite worth it? I know it comes down to an individual decision and perspective. 

What about if you get a Signature Suite with Club Orange?

Seems like a lot of the Neptune perks are included with CO. Of course wouldn't have access to Neptune Lounge but would that be worth the extra expense?

Nieuw Amsterdam doesn’t have the Club Orange dining room so, for that reason, I would not purchase it.

I would purchase an upgrade to a Neptune Suite on the NA (and have) if it is within an acceptable price range to me.  Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is available to the Neptune/Pinnacle Suites but not the Signature Suites.  I am not a Lido or MDR breakfast person so that’s the big appeal to me.  With Club Orange, you do not get this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, regan3 said:

Good point about breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, any other perks we'd be missing (besides Neptune Lounge)?

The best perk with Club Orange is the within "meta-class" no cost cabin upgrade (like from a obstructed balcony to a V or VQ balcony).  If you are already in a Sig Suite, that's of no benefit to you.  Other than that, on the Nieuw Amsterdam, Club Orange basically just gets you priority embarkation, disembarkation, tender line, and priority lines at MDR and service desk.

On a cruise that I booked recently on the Rotterdam, the price of a Signature Suite with Club Orange  added wasn't that much less than a Neptune suite. Having the concierge in the Neptune suite is what makes it worthwhile to me if the cost isn't that much more.

If there were a big difference in price I might go with the Signature.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, regan3 said:

Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is only open to Neptune/Pinnacle Suites or is it available to everybody (for an extra cost)?

Also is the menu different than the MDR. Understand it a more refined experience. 

For non Pinnacle-class ships, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is only open to NS/PS suites.  The menus are somewhat different, including free mimosas and freshly squeezed OJ in the PG.  You can look for yourself:

Pinnacle grill breakfast menu:  https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/lido-restaurant-and-manhattan-dining-room-mdr/pinnacle-grill-breakfast-2021/

MDR breakfast menu:  https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/lido-restaurant-and-manhattan-dining-room-mdr/mdr-breakfast-2022/

• Like 2

We loved having the Neptune concierge work on our reservations. It’s super convenient to wander down the hall for a snack and glass of wine to bring back to the room - we were on an Alaska cruise, so spent sea days on the balcony. You get some hot food on the room service breakfast and room service mimosas are included. We also like breakfast in the Pinnacle.

For this Club Orange benefit, does this mean your better off with as you wish dining as you will have priority over others with as you wish dining?

"Priority seating in the Dining Room for breakfast and dinner with an expanded menu"

26 minutes ago, regan3 said:

For this Club Orange benefit, does this mean your better off with as you wish dining as you will have priority over others with as you wish dining?

"Priority seating in the Dining Room for breakfast and dinner with an expanded menu"

Yes, on ships that do not have a separate Club Orange dining room you will have a separate line at the MDR. On the Pinnacle class ships there is a separate dinning room so all going there will have the same priority.

If you decide to upgrade to a Neptune, and IF a larger balcony is important to you, be sure they do not put you in one of the two SQ Neptunes on deck 10.  (I looked at the NA deck plan and those are the only 2 I spotted that have a teeny little balcony but double-check me before upgrading!) All the SA and SB Neptunes on your ship appear to have the larger balconies

We made the mistake of booking a Neptune guarantee, thinking all Neptunes would be basically the same. Ummmm…nope. We sail on the Koningsdam Jan. 7 and at this point haven’t been assigned a cabin number yet; still just showing us in an SC Neptune —  same location as the SQ on your ship — at the very front of the ship and the balcony is basically the size of the veranda stateroom beside it (at 1/2 the price!) Reviews of those cabins say that the wind is so unbearable while the ship is moving that it makes the balcony useless.

Again, avoiding the SQs is only important if you enjoy and are expecting a more sizable balcony with the increased cost of a Neptune! Good luck!

My "go to" approach is to book a Signature cabin in a location that I like, then wait/hope for an upsell offer to a Neptune.  By doing this I get to select my Neptune cabin (unlike guarantees) from whats still open of course, and I save alot over booking the Neptune in the first place.  Since we tend to travel in off peak times (non-holidays and spring break) we get an upsell off over 90 percent of the time.  If we do not get one, that OK too as we like the larger Signature cabins, especially if they are in a good location.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

My "go to" approach is to book a Signature cabin in a location that I like, then wait/hope for an upsell offer to a Neptune.  By doing this I get to select my Neptune cabin (unlike guarantees) from whats still open of course, and I save alot over booking the Neptune in the first place.  Since we tend to travel in off peak times (non-holidays and spring break) we get an upsell off over 90 percent of the time.  If we do not get one, that OK too as we like the larger Signature cabins, especially if they are in a good location.

Exactly what I am thinking. Book what I want can afford and if offered an upsell see what is open. 

24 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Does anyone have a phone # to call to try and wheedle our way into an upgrade/upsell?

Maybe they're feeling generous at Christmas! ha ha ha

No "wheedling" involved - if they have an upsell offer available, they'll tell you the price and if you like it, have your credit card handy.