Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

55 minutes ago, fishmom said:

I received an email with a bid upgrade offer for our 4/27 sailing.  I was surprised to see this since it is showing as sold out.  I haven't cruised since the upgrade bidding was introduced, so I am not sure if that means there is some capacity or not.  The upgrades were for reserve cabana suite and above, which would be the next level up from what we have booked. I realize there is a whole thread about the bid upgrade process, but thought in interesting in context of the new ship.  The Reserve Collection benefits are so fuzzy when I look at their website, which is why we didn't book in the first place. But now I am curious! I went ahead and placed a bid on a couple of the categories, since we were already waiting for room assignment.  (Sky Suite was still more than I was willing to pay, LOL)  So wherever I land I will be OK with.   

Same- our 5/18 sailing shows sold out but I received the bid offer this morning.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dides said:

Another restaurant reel posted by a crew member - this time it's Unai Teppanyaki.

I’m so hoping we can get a Teppanyaki reservation for one of our 14 nights in November. 

43 minutes ago, dides said:

Hey @nasa1974 your thread has hit 100 pages just as Sun Princess is leaving the shipyard 😃Screenshot_20240223-1242002.thumb.png.cc13f39855869ebe0f7f213817f130be.png

Been following this too! How exciting! Finally happening!  Supposedly stopping over in Zelenika according to MarineTraffic 

• Like 1

Otavio from the entertainment team was out on the rainy deck as she left the shipyard. Some screenshots:

Screenshot_20240223-1305102.thumb.png.157d70b7ed6e6e8e3e925ffdc184b10b.png

Screenshot_20240223-1304462.thumb.png.0c4ce44bb9c96b948a0fb264bcbdc57b.png

His comments translate as:

Screenshot_20240223-1307002.thumb.png.c1610016b7e2e4daf3b9c298a32c2c1f.png

And a screenshot from Nick the dancer as she pulls away from the dock:

Screenshot_20240223-1330492.thumb.png.c58cd8fd63ae9c275e32d7542790dbaf.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, Meldrum said:

With a Reserve Cabana Mini Suite you also have access to the Reserve Restaurant and, more important for us, to a private cabana deck with loungers and a hot pool. We hope that this terrace will be quieter than the main pool deck and that sun loungers will always be available. Other than the restaurant and the private deck, I don't know if there are more Reserve benefits.

I am hoping that we at least get the Reserve upgrade.  I think that private area looks nice.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

Still can't believe what could be beautiful wake view balconies ended up being lit emergency staircases

guess that will cut down on the soot complaints

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Globaler said:

I am seeing diner options listed as Signature. For those who have booked is that what you are seeing.

Can confirm I've seen that option for our July cruise and being able to book tables for the whole week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fishmom said:

I received an email with a bid upgrade offer for our 4/27 sailing.  I was surprised to see this since it is showing as sold out.  I haven't cruised since the upgrade bidding was introduced, so I am not sure if that means there is some capacity or not.  The upgrades were for reserve cabana suite and above, which would be the next level up from what we have booked. I realize there is a whole thread about the bid upgrade process, but thought in interesting in context of the new ship.  The Reserve Collection benefits are so fuzzy when I look at their website, which is why we didn't book in the first place. But now I am curious! I went ahead and placed a bid on a couple of the categories, since we were already waiting for room assignment.  (Sky Suite was still more than I was willing to pay, LOL)  So wherever I land I will be OK with.   

It’s a common misunderstanding/question of why would Princess offer to accumulate upgrade bids on a sold out sailing. Although sold out at the moment, it might not turn out to be the case 24 hours before sailing. 

Example: My brother/sis-in-law were booked in a category just below the top suite. They ended up having to cancel the day before departure (on a technically sold out sailing). Their cancellation set off a chain of upgrades when someone won a bid of their now-vacated suite. Then someone won an upgrade to that person’s just-vacated stateroom or suite. And on and on the chain of upgrades go…

It’s a brilliant program. Princess has your bid, and more importantly your credit card number, complete with your authorization to be charged.

• Like 2