Waitlist for YTD

luc122

Didn’t pick YTD when we booked, which we usually do and the only available set dining is 8:15. 

so I waitlisted YTD. I’d be surprised if it comes thru. 

So what happens when we want to eat? Do we just check in on the hub?  Will we then get called after every other YTD diners have gotten seated?  Will we be eating really late like at 9:00?

thanks. 

17 minutes ago, luc122 said:

Didn’t pick YTD when we booked, which we usually do and the only available set dining is 8:15. 

So what happens when we want to eat? Do we just check in on the hub?  Will we then get called after every other YTD diners have gotten seated?  Will we be eating really late like at 9:00?

thanks. 

You have two paths to travel. One is keep checking your booking, a YTD slot might open up. The second is to go to the dining room around noon on boarding day and see if there's a slot open at that time. If you are not accommodated with YTD your stuck with  the 8:15pm slot. You can't go to YTD.

Edited by skrufy
Addition

23 minutes ago, luc122 said:

YTD will usually be assigned to a different dining room or different floor in the dining room, so you don't have to wait for them before you are seated.

41 minutes ago, luc122 said:

thanks. 

If you don't clear the waitlist you'll get assigned a table for early or late assigned dining.  There's no "standby" line for people with assigned dining who want to do YTD anyway.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, luc122 said:

thanks. 

You do NOT have YTD. You have a fixed Late Dining time in a different MDR.  What the 'waitlist' is referring to is that you have requested to change to YTD and you're on a list to be contacted IF that becomes available before the cruise.

You are not at liberty to show up at the YTD room and ask to be seated.  The hostess will inform you that your dinner is at 8:15 sharp in the other room at your assigned table.

• Like 1

I just remembered to book YTD on my 6 booked cruises for 2022, last night.  Normally I'm on top of things, but I've done so many cruises this year and have so many booked next, it's hard to remember what I've done for each.  I know, first world problems!

This discussion reminds me of an error that occurred last winter on our B2B2B.  Through no fault of our own (our PVP had done it correctly, I checked), we were handed our S&S cards for our 2nd leg while sitting in the lounge and were surprised to see Fixed Dining for the next segment.  The Officer doing the B2B transition was totally apologetic and immediately directed me over to Guest Services (while the ship was empty between cruises) to correct the problem.  60 seconds later the problem was solved, the YTD assignment corrected, and new S&S cards were printed. Only time I have ever seen such a mistake.

3 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

I didn't know there was a waitlist for YTD. I have an 8:15 that I want to change to YTD. I guess I need to do it sooner than later.

It depends on demand for the particular sailing. Early assigned, YTD, or (least likely) late assigned could waitlisted or even closed to more waitists depending on how many people are already confirmed.

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It depends on demand for the particular sailing. Early assigned, YTD, or (least likely) late assigned could waitlisted or even closed to more waitists depending on how many people are already confirmed.

We always do assigned dining but my family decided that they want to do MTD next cruise because they don't want to feel rushed if they are not on time (which my wife is NEVER on time).

8 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

Thanks all. 
I do realize I don't have YTD, but I also was not assigned a time. 

basically I had nothing picked, but mentioned the 8:15 time as it was either pick that or pick the waitlist. 
that’s why I was confused for what would happen if I didn’t pick the late seating. 

ill keep checking if it opens and if

not, we’ll just eat at 8:15 ( or 7:45 as hapytobehr says). 

itll be fine whatever it is. 

55 minutes ago, luc122 said:

Thanks all. 
I do realize I don't have YTD, but I also was not assigned a time. 

basically I had nothing picked, but mentioned the 8:15 time as it was either pick that or pick the waitlist. 
that’s why I was confused for what would happen if I didn’t pick the late seating. 

ill keep checking if it opens and if

not, we’ll just eat at 8:15 ( or 7:45 as hapytobehr says). 

itll be fine whatever it is. 

If you don't pick anything you'll likely get assigned late seating because that's usually the least popular (as evidenced by the fact that it's the only thing you can choose and confirm right now).  

If you want to YTD you should waitlist for it now, because you're unlikely to get it if you don't select anything.  There's no need to keep checking. If you waitlist for YTD and it clears you should get an email telling you that. But by waiting you're just putting yourself further down the waitlist. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

If you don't pick anything you'll likely get assigned late seating because that's usually the least popular (as evidenced by the fact that it's the only thing you can choose and confirm right now).  

If you want to YTD you should waitlist for it now, because you're unlikely to get it if you don't select anything.  There's no need to keep checking. If you waitlist for YTD and it clears you should get an email telling you that. But by waiting you're just putting yourself further down the waitlist. 

Thanks.
Yeah I waitlisted it as soon as I realized.