Greatest Sale Ever ?? Really ??

Cruise till you drop

Just received a Princess Flyer about their greatest sale ever.

A few months ago this topic came up about another sale and conclusion was it was basically same pricing as previous but just a different way to offer it

And we priced out using this sale and it’s actually more expensive then original pricing and past sales

Anyone else experience this ?

PS - the cruise we’ve been pricing is a 10 day cruise in Jan 2024

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Just received a Princess Flyer about their greatest sale ever.

A few months ago this topic came up about another sale and conclusion was it was basically same pricing as previous but just a different way to offer it

And we priced out using this sale and it’s actually more expensive then original pricing and past sales

Anyone else experience this ?

I'm on the Royal on April 11.  The INTERIOR rates on this "greatest sale" start at about $100 more than what I am paying for my balcony.  The same balcony category I'm in starts at $100 more than what I payed.

Edited by damiross

I had my TA do a re-fare on my CA coastal cruise yesterday.  The suite I'm in isn't available (Owners - SB) but they were able to do it and upgrade the Princess Premier to add all the new stuff and my cost went down $800.  Can't beat that. Oh, and they upped the OBC from $100 to $400 and my TA is giving me $400 OBC.

So, for me, it sure was the greatest sale ever.

Edited by jimd909
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Just received a Princess Flyer about their greatest sale ever  we priced out using this sale and it’s actually more expensive then original pricing and past sales  Anyone else experience this ?

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

our inside at $1165 pp & $100 pp obc. now $1578 pp & no obc. Not a sale.

Months ago I booked the 14 night Enchanted T/A in March for $697pp with $130 OBC pp.

Same cruise/cabin is now ONLY $829pp with NO OBC.  The GREATEST SALE EVER! 😵

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I just checked two of our upcoming trips, a California Coastal in October 2023 and a Mexican Riviera in Feb 2024, both basic balcony cabins on the Discovery. The October trip is almost exactly $CAD1000 more for the two of us, with much less OBC, and the Mexico trip is $CAD700 more.  I, too, would love to know how Princess can consider this the Best Sale Ever.

• Like 4

We all see the same thing but I look at it through the prism of a company that’s lost billions over the last 3 years and is desperately trying to survive by raising revenue for debt relief and baseline operating cost. Then they have deal with the higher cost of everything these days from food to fuel. Marketing and advertising folks are probably working overtime to try to increase bookings and being as ‘creative’ as possible. 

The alternative is probably bankruptcy and I certainly do not want that. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

We all see the same thing but I look at it through the prism of a company that’s lost billions over the last 3 years and is desperately trying to survive by raising revenue for debt relief and baseline operating cost. Then they have deal with the higher cost of everything these days from food to fuel. Marketing and advertising folks are probably working overtime to try to increase bookings and being as ‘creative’ as possible. 

The alternative is probably bankruptcy and I certainly do not want that. 

But I also want to deal with a reputable cruise line and if what you’re saying is true, I’d rather they come out and say that rather than dress it up like a greatest sale ever and make us play this ridiculous game

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

But I also want to deal with a reputable cruise line and if what you’re saying is true, I’d rather they come out and say that rather than dress it up like a greatest sale ever and make us play this ridiculous game

Every cruise line has taken a beating since Covid came along. They’ve all borrowed huge sums of money to stay afloat and cut overhead to the bone where possible while having no revenue for 2 years. The industry is coming back from all appearances but they’ll be paying off the high interest debt for years if they survive. 

I’m not making excuses for them, only saying I think I can understand why deals these days are not like the deals of old.

I wish that wasn’t the case but I also wish eggs weren’t $5/dozen and everything else didn’t cost 30-50 percent more than it did 3 years ago. We can only hope somehow prices begin to come down at some point. 

• Like 1