New military benefit: Princess Premier for the price of Princess Plus

PescadoAmarillo

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The only issue we have with using a Princess CVP is they absolutely get no credit for the booking if the guest subsequently transfers the booking to a TA to reap those rewards. We just didn’t think that was fair, and at the same time, we don’t want to miss out on our 8% fare discount by not transferring it to our TA. But, that’s just us. 

If you are getting an 8% discount from your TA that’s great. You are getting a very good deal then. We don’t get any discount from ours which is why I’ve started using a CVP instead. It seems the CVP is able to get us re-fared if the prices go down where our TA hasn’t been able to do this for us in the past. I agree that it would be wrong to book through a CVP and then transfer the booking to a TA. I’m loyal to the person who does the initial booking and I want them to get the commission.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I am almost sorry to have started this topic.    It does appear that the upgrade is limited to only certain cruises, although the list seems to be in question.  

Don't be.  It started a good conversation.

Cheers

• Like 3

On 1/29/2023 at 10:44 AM, galveston gal said:

I am searching the Princess site and don’t see this anywhere.

I forwarded to my agent to see if she can find out if I qualify.  Booked Dec 17 th so it’s within the timeframe and my military credit shows.  But is just says Plus is included.

I would check your booking.  I told our TA to book our cruise with the Plus and see if they would upgrade it to the Premier package with the Military Benefit.  Princess told my TA it was already upgraded.  

Pardon my ignorance but what is Princess CVP?  I check or book on their web site then transfer to TA or have them book a new #. I have them checking on this benefit as my booking shows no confirmation of the benefit. 

Edited by ojaidenny

1 hour ago, ojaidenny said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is Princess CVP?  I check or book on their web site then transfer to TA or have them book a new #. I have them checking on this benefit as my booking shows no confirmation of the benefit. 

A Princess Cruise Vacation Planner (CVP) is someone who works for Princess and would be your regular contact when you wanted to book a cruise or had any general questions. But, since you subsequently transfer your bookings to a TA who then completely handles your booking questions from then on, a CVP would not be a viable option for you as they would get no credit for their initial work on your booking if you transferred it to a TA.

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2023 at 5:06 PM, KLM3164 said:

If you are getting an 8% discount from your TA that’s great. You are getting a very good deal then. We don’t get any discount from ours which is why I’ve started using a CVP instead. It seems the CVP is able to get us re-fared if the prices go down where our TA hasn’t been able to do this for us in the past. I agree that it would be wrong to book through a CVP and then transfer the booking to a TA. I’m loyal to the person who does the initial booking and I want them to get the commission.

I’m loyal to the person who does the initial booking and I want them to get the commission.  Ditto ...our CVP is wonderful and I wouldn't change after her doing all the work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ojaidenny said:

Just heard from my TA who talked to Princess and was told the cruise I am interested in does not qualify for the promotion that expires tomorrow the 31st.  I am booking the Caribbean in January 2024.

Don’t feel alone, it didn’t apply to our July 2024 Baltic cruise on the Sky either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

I wonder if the benefit is only available on 2023 cruises. Our cruise where it’s been applied is November 2023.

That could be. That’s the mystery isn’t it, since this promotion was never publicly posted on their website. Now if as some folks have said the promotion was sent to the military folks that qualified, it sure would be nice if one of the chosen would post a full image of it on this thread. The OP only posted the front of the pamphlet. It would have been nice it they could have posted the T&C that went along with it, if there were any.

But as @ojaidenny just posted, their TA said this military promotion expires tomorrow. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, R&Ccruisin said:

So who is your travel agent?  

Works in my credit card's cruise travel dept. Worked through several agents via the 1-800 number over time, before getting this one and finally adopting them as my permanent agent. Found someone I felt comfortable with that understood my quirks. I was a travel agent myself a hundred years ago, and am rather particular (read: Pain in the behind)  😄

On 1/31/2023 at 10:37 AM, ChangeOrder said:

Works in my credit card's cruise travel dept. Worked through several agents via the 1-800 number over time, before getting this one and finally adopting them as my permanent agent. Found someone I felt comfortable with that understood my quirks. I was a travel agent myself a hundred years ago, and am rather particular (read: Pain in the behind)  😄

LOL   think my travel agent is ready to divorce me.   Said I would truly love to be a travel agent but spent so much time on this issue that I would never make any money and he certainly got exasperated when I kept pushing this promotion..   

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 5:23 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Just to follow up on my pre post on this thread last week. I am still waiting for a definitive answer from my CVP. He hasn’t ignored me, we’ve discussed this and he is pushing harder past the immediate “active only” reply he gets from Customer Relations. The cruise we want is definitely included on the promo and my DH is a veteran registered with princess who routinely gets the other military benefit of OBC. 

I will report back when all is said and done. 

My 2023 Thanksgiving cruise was finally upgraded to Premier on this promotion.  There is a list of cruises and it is not all cruises. My CVP gave me the included dates sailing out of SF as those were the only ones I was interested in. I don’t have that list any more. I chose the SF Thanksgiving cruise because it was on his list and worked out with DH work schedule.  

My CVP said there was some setting on DH account he had to get updated (DH has been automatically getting the military OBC for years so it wasn’t that).  

• 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Hello everyone.  Since it is now four months into 2023 has anyone on this thread booked a cruise for 2024 and had the plus program upgraded to premier?  Thanks

No, and I’ve even canceled and rebooked two cruises for different reasons and it still hasn’t happened. When I called Princess they said it’s only certain sailings and did not see the promotion on either of our bookings. One is the inaugural Sun and the other is an Island transatlantic so maybe those are too specialized. 

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

No, and I’ve even canceled and rebooked two cruises for different reasons and it still hasn’t happened. When I called Princess they said it’s only certain sailings and did not see the promotion on either of our bookings. One is the inaugural Sun and the other is an Island transatlantic so maybe those are too specialized. 

Thanks for the headsup with Princess not really knowing about this offer.  

Every booking has a 3-character Fare Code in POLAR -  the booking system.  Princess does not include that code on Travel Summary confirmations.  Perhaps some agencies do.  What guests will normally see is an agency Group Code if one was applicable.

It might have been helpful if a couple of folks who got the new benefit could have posted their Fare Code.  It might even be useful now if a couple of previous posters could inquire of Princess or their TA what their booking Fare Code is.  I suppose it could be the then normal Plus or Premier fare code and other system logic used that and posted Military OBC to adjust the pricing and/or included perks. 

If our active and retired military members know the applicable Fare Code, It is easier to check and inquire if that Fare Code can be applied to a specific voyage in question.

That said, having caught up on this topic, I realize the eligible voyages were a limited subset of all voyages for sale and promo may have ended Jan 31.

I am not a member of the qualifying group, but do believe that PCL's efforts to attract and reward those who serve, and served, in branches of military only enhances the mix of passengers on the ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not a member of the qualifying group, but do believe that PCL's efforts to attract and reward those who serve, and served, in branches of military only enhances the mix of passengers on the ships.

I know both my DW and I, who are both retired military, sure do, especially when we book 14+ day itineraries with each of us getting $250 in refundable OBC. But then we also enjoy getting 10% off of our NCL cruise fares! 😁

• Like 2