Turn Down to be reduced to once a day 2023!

ulster-cruiser

On 1/20/2023 at 5:49 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

My last hotel experience longer than overnight was at an AI a bit over a year ago. That had once daily service. But I've certainly heard of service cuts by hotels during the pandemic and that some are being kept as we transition away from it.

See above. Also, I tend to hang out in my cabin more when I'm cruising than I stay in my room on land.

If they want to cut service, that is there choice, But you do no cut service and raise the rate at the same time. Do one or the other, not both!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the Bliss. Definitely only morning service. We are inside with 2 beds and Pullman. It’s fine. We don’t need to have twice daily. However, as many have said, the value isn’t there for for the DSC. The service charges feel very expensive for what is received. Particularly when you multiply it by three passengers in a single cabin. I’m not saying that NCL is no for me, but this value deduction will go into the calculus when I decide on my next cruise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

On the Bliss. Definitely only morning service. We are inside with 2 beds and Pullman. 

A couple of quick questions if you have the time & inclination:

1) No choice of morning or evening service given to you, right?

2) Pullman remains down all day every day, right?

Thanks!  And have fun!!

Edited by Honolulu Blue

6 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

A couple of quick questions if you have the time & inclination:

1) No choice of morning or evening service given to you, right?

2) Pullman remains down all day every day, right?

Thanks!  And have fun!!

1) A choice was never given. However, our steward crew was around in the evenings dropping off Dailies and were kind and willing to help or refresh towels. I never felt a time when I would have needed to go out of my way to find help. 
2) The Pullman was down all day. We were three people in an inside cabin. So main bed split into twins with one Pullman above. I thought I would care about this. I didn’t. But, it was an inside room. If I had been in a balcony suite that I spent more time in, it possibly would have bothered me. 

(We are just about to head into Ensenada, you’re rinsing for the question was perfect!)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

On the Bliss. Definitely only morning service. We are inside with 2 beds and Pullman. It’s fine. We don’t need to have twice daily. However, as many have said, the value isn’t there for for the DSC. The service charges feel very expensive for what is received. Particularly when you multiply it by three passengers in a single cabin. I’m not saying that NCL is no for me, but this value deduction will go into the calculus when I decide on my next cruise. 

I have to agree with you about service changes feeling very expensive for what is received, especially for inside or ocean view cabins. I have to wonder if this increase is bringing passengers to guest services to adjust their daily charges. Hopefully this increase is passed along to the hard working staff!

• Like 1

We’re sailing on the Breakaway soon and will be 4 in a cabin.  I’m assuming that the sofabed and Pullman will just be left out by the attendant after the daily service. Since we enjoy having access to the sofa during the day so we can relax in the cabin, is it possible to fold and unfold the sofabed by ourselves after the room has been serviced?

And the same question for the Pullman.  I know I won’t be able to stow it in the ceiling, since I won’t have the “key” but can I at least fold it against the wall (and unfold it at night) without the attendants’s help?

Kicking this can one more time down the road.

The " stateroom attendant " finally fell into a grove, the first two days she was here between 9 and 10, the last 4 it's been closer to 1330. 

4 towels everyday

The laundry was returned within a day, was here in the evening so I have to assume dropped off by her.

Dailies / mail found above cabin number light around 530 PM

Any questions about the pullman / sofa / ice - needs to be addressed the first day. They know what cabins have extra people and are aware of additional needs - suggest you go to the M&G and pick up that card with the important phone numbers in case you have issues

We don't need ice or use the coffee machine inside the cabin.

Overall we are OK with the change, will she get the normal tip from us? - no, in our inside cabin she spent under 20 minutes, if that a day  

• Thanks 2

Yay. Time to cut back unneeded service and yes, just my opinion. I enjoy giving our steward the gift of ‘time off’ and we do zero night and once every three or four days and we still tip them regardless of not using them daily. We’re not pigs, it’s not that difficult to pull your bedsheets up and reuse towels so we’re happy they’re doing this. These guys and gals work like dogs although I imagine they’ll just be given more rooms with less stewards, the business way to squeeze labor as much as possible.

Applauding this decision!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 11:11 AM, PATRLR said:

On ships with public hot tubs that people stew in seemingly all day long, do you really think germs are a concern?

Uh, yeah and exactly why we DON’T do public hot tubs…anywhere.

People are pigs, watch the buffets, it’s appalling how utensils aren’t used, just grabbing food with their hands.

I guess a pandemic taught us so very little.

• Like 1