Barcelona Hotels

joehick

1 hour ago, starprotected said:

sfaaa - when I put in WINTERCODE at H10 I only get a 10% discount

True. The most popular hotels only get 10%. That is the same discount offered during the Christmas holidays. 

• 3 weeks later...

back in October we stayed at the intercontinental Barcelona. very nice hotel!! halfway between airport and port, but very convenient to sites to see before or after cruise. Great tapas bar down the street, less the .10 miles from the hotel., Avoid the breakfast buffet. VERY expensive, a lot of good choices, but too expensive

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to use SMART for a booking for a Sept 2025 cruise but reservation system wouldn't take it. So, I think my booking is too far out yet to use that promo code. But it was interesting to see that I could book out that far! I guess I'll wait for another promo code closer.

Also, it was interesting that I could book at H10 Metropolitan without having to pay now if I booked 9/11/2025 - 9/13/2025 (e.g. free cancellation) but if I booked 9/18/2025 - 9/20/2025, it required payment up front (allowed one change). Also, 9/25/2025 - 9/27/2025 did not require payment upfront (free cancellation).

I looked at booking at H10 Cataluyna and I'm able to book for the dates I want 9/18/2025 - 9/20/2025 with free cancellation so I think i will just book there.

• Like 1

I just reserved H10 Montcada for 2 nights pre-cruise stay in August using SMART, I got the 15% off plus the member 5%. I like the location and rooftop bar view of the cathedral. It’s a city view room. Fingers crossed. 

On 12/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, YourWorldWithBill said:

Last month (November) we stayed at the H10 Catalunya Plaça Boutique Hotel, which is also right across from the Plaza. We chose that as the prices seem more reasonable, and we liked the hotel and its great location.

By the way, there is a tapas restaurant about two blocks away that is excellent, Cuitat Comtal.

Anyone staying in the area: don't miss it!

Thank you for your information Bill.  We are staying here in November 2024 and have noted the restaurant recommendation! 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 7:34 PM, mthomp5 said:

I tried to use SMART for a booking for a Sept 2025 cruise but reservation system wouldn't take it. So, I think my booking is too far out yet to use that promo code. But it was interesting to see that I could book out that far! I guess I'll wait for another promo code closer.

Also, it was interesting that I could book at H10 Metropolitan without having to pay now if I booked 9/11/2025 - 9/13/2025 (e.g. free cancellation) but if I booked 9/18/2025 - 9/20/2025, it required payment up front (allowed one change). Also, 9/25/2025 - 9/27/2025 did not require payment upfront (free cancellation).

I looked at booking at H10 Cataluyna and I'm able to book for the dates I want 9/18/2025 - 9/20/2025 with free cancellation so I think i will just book there.

I was able to book the H10 Catalunya Plaça using code "SPRINGSALE" for 5/3-10/2025 for a 5% discount.  SMART did not work.  The H10 ad says "Up to 15% off" with this code, but I suspect the 15% is for the most expensive rooms.  I booked the least expensive for 5% (plus the 5% club discount).  At any rate, it's pay at the hotel so no risk if I find a better hotel/rate.

Edited by WEGL81
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WEGL81 said:

I was able to book the H10 Catalunya Plaça using code "SPRINGSALE" for 5/3-10/2025 for a 5% discount.  SMART did not work.  The H10 ad says "Up to 15% off" with this code, but I suspect the 15% is for the most expensive rooms.  I booked the least expensive for 5% (plus the 5% club discount).  At any rate, it's pay at the hotel so no risk if I find a better hotel/rate.

The 15% seems to apply to their less popular properties. The 5% to the most popular. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WEGL81 said:

It's a great location. A block from the Ramblas, across from the plaza, and not far from an excellent tapas place: Ciutat Comtal. 

Edited by YourWorldWithBill
added name of restaurant.
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WEGL81 said:

Thank you! After I read your post, I checked and was able to get the 5% off using "Springsale" and 5% for the club discount too. Thank you for sharing this info! I was able to cancel my previous reservation and make a new one to get the additional discount.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 4:55 PM, Cruise Junky said:

Thanks everyone. I was able to get 15 + 5 for H20 Catalunya for our dates in November. 

When are you going in November? We are staying there in November too

Has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel In Barcelona? We need reservations in June.We booked a last minute cruise and so finding the hotel of our choice is difficult. I am concerned that it is not centrally located.Any comments???

4 hours ago, PeggyCTB said:

Has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel In Barcelona? We need reservations in June.We booked a last minute cruise and so finding the hotel of our choice is difficult. I am concerned that it is not centrally located.Any comments???

It is not centrally locsted. It is best to look for a Spanish chain such as H10 hotels. Loof for Plaza Catalunya on a map and search for hotels very near to it. That is the tourist center of Barcelona.  There are many chouces.