Barcelona Hotels

joehick

26 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Thank you! :classic_smile:

* We just have to figure out which way to go once we get off the bus...I'm visually impaired.

The bus dropped us just before a traffic light, next to Universitad Parc. (not really a park, but a large cemented area with trees).

When we disembarked, we walked about 20 ft to the light and turned right onto the crosswalk. This took us past the 'park', and while still on that crosswalk we crossed another street. 

At the end of the crosswalk you don't quite meet up with the intersection so turn left for about 20ft and then you'll come to your street, Carrer de Pelai. Turn right and walk about a block, past an alley and a bakery. The hotel is on your right, 

It's really quite easy when you're there! My cousin reminded me that she arrived at 10pm and found her way in the dark. She thought it took 5 minutes.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tony s said:

We will probably grab a meal at La Cote de ingles food hall

It is "El Corte Ingles"...It's a major Spanish Department Store.  At this location, there are some food service options...but it's not what I'd call a major "food court".  There is a restaurant on the ninth floor...and the "El Gourmet Club", a few counter service food counters with limited seating adjacent to the supermarket in the basement.  It's good for quick bites on the go.  For an actual meal, you've got lots of choices all around the Placa and its adjoining streets and down Las Ramblas...everything from American fast food--McD's, Taco Bell, Burger King, 5 Guys, KFC, etc.  There's a Hard Rock Cafe on the Placa...Next door to the H10 Catalunya laza, there's a Tapas joint...halfway down that street, there's apretty good pizza place and a BBQ.  There are places to eat, many casual and inexpensive in all directions...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, speedster said:

I've been looking through the hotels and many only offer rooms for 2 or 3 people.  Has anyone stayed in a hotel / or recommend one that can accommodate 5 (2 adults + 3 kids) in a good location with breakfast?

The most I’ve seen is a quad room with four single beds or a family room with a queen bed and a bunk bed or sofa bed.  You might be better off just booking two rooms beside each other or renting a whole apartment.

8 hours ago, speedster said:

I've been looking through the hotels and many only offer rooms for 2 or 3 people.  Has anyone stayed in a hotel / or recommend one that can accommodate 5 (2 adults + 3 kids) in a good location with breakfast?

Look at the H10 Catalunya. They have two suite styles - Gaudi Suite and Barcelona Suite - that will hold 5 people. (I haven’t stayed there yet but have the Gaudi Suite booked for next summer!)

On 9/7/2023 at 7:57 AM, -Lew- said:

A quick update on the 15% discount I received when booking at H10 Metropolitan...

I learned this morning the 15% discount is an H10 Club birthday discount.  I haven't seen it advertised...it just happened that I booked on that day.  If you're a club member and have a birthday before your arrival date, it's worth a try.

FALL23 is another discount code for H10

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 10:11 PM, bigsky said:

We stayed at the h10 Plaza Catalunya. Loved the location! Walk to so much around you. Taxis are also out front if u want to grab one. We took the bus from the airport. Cheap and easy!

So happy to hear you had a good experience. We leave 2 weeks from today and of course I'm second guessing my hotel choice. I emailed the hotel today and they also recommended the bus from the airport 🙂

On 10/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, jss5200 said:

Bigsky, that’s good to hear your opinion of the H10 Catalunya Plaza where we are staying. We also plan to take the bus from the airport to Catalunya Plaza and the hotel. We’ve even found a YouTube video of how to find the Aerobus location at the airport and how to buy tickets at a kiosk by the bus entrance. However, we will probably by our tickets online beforehand for less hassle. It’s amazing what kinds of information you can find on YouTube now!

jss5200 I was also happy to hear of Bigsky's experience, as we re staying there in two weeks. May I ask,how do I go about buying the Aerobus tickets online?

3 hours ago, ihate2cruise said:

jss5200 I was also happy to hear of Bigsky's experience, as we re staying there in two weeks. May I ask,how do I go about buying the Aerobus tickets online?

It’s very easy! Once u exit the airport, they’ll be a place right in front of the buses to buy your ticket. Pretty easy to figure out. 
It’s by the curb and u can’t miss it. Just know where u want to get off at. We took ours straight to the Plaza Catalunya. Our hotel was very close to where the bus stopped.

Going back to Barcelona in August and spend time just there! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 10:06 PM, Bruin Steve said:

Cindy, the cruise ships dock near the southern terminus of Las Ramblas...so, it's a fairly short distance to most of the hotels people recommend on ths board...and a fairly inexpensive taxi ride--which is how you are going to want to go from ship to hotel...especially with luggage.  From whichever hotel to the airport for Sunday, it depends on your budget...you can always pay for a taxi or limo to the airport...but, if you want an easy and inexpensive way, again, use the Aerobus.  It goes from the northeast corner of the Placa Catalunya to the airport, departing every few minutes with only a couple of stops.  There are several hotels walking distance to the bus stop...I like the H10 Catalunya Plaza--just across the square.  There is also an Iberostar hotel right near the bus stop and a few others fairly close...But this is the area you should really look at.  Almost everything you might want to do in your short time in Barcelona is close by...lots of restaurants and a great El Corte Ingles department store and supermarket right there on the eastern side of the Placa as well.  Good luck.

When you stay at the H10 Catalunya Plaza do you prefer to book the room with breakfast included or do you just find a place walking around.  We will be there three nights before our cruise.  Thanks

1 hour ago, breadmanusa said:

When you stay at the H10 Catalunya Plaza do you prefer to book the room with breakfast included or do you just find a place walking around.  We will be there three nights before our cruise.  Thanks

The breakfast is OUTSTANDING...both an extensive buffet with great choices and a dessert table...PLUS they have a menu where you can order all sorts of hot, freshly cooked choices.  We've had it included every time...but never paid extra...If you hunt around their websie, you may find a link to sign up for the H10 frquent visitor club that offers free breakfast included if you do.  Not sure if they always run that deal, but they have for each of our visits.

22 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

The breakfast is OUTSTANDING...both an extensive buffet with great choices and a dessert table...PLUS they have a menu where you can order all sorts of hot, freshly cooked choices.  We've had it included every time...but never paid extra...If you hunt around their websie, you may find a link to sign up for the H10 frquent visitor club that offers free breakfast included if you do.  Not sure if they always run that deal, but they have for each of our visits.

I did join the Loyalty program, but unfortunately it does not include breakfast.  I was able to use the 5% loyalty discount and a 25% discount code.  I'll just pay for the breakfast as it sounds great.  Thanks for your time.

That’s great to hear about the nice buffet and menu choices for breakfast at the H10 Catalunya Plaza. When we booked quite awhile ago, we joined the Loyalty club and were able to have the free breakfast included. I think we also get a welcome drink at the bar included. It sounds like a nice place to stay and great location. We will be there a week from today!

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked voyager TA may 2025. Ends in Barcelona spain. For 20 years I never ventured that far, had elderly parents. Is there a price range for hotels in Barcelona if I wanted to stay a few days. I dont speak other languages will it be easy to get around? I dont even know what day of the week I get in is to try and mock book a similar date. Too early to have a idea about flight costs. I'll keep reading and try to see if there is a area I should book a hotel and figure out where to start. 

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just booked voyager TA may 2025. Ends in Barcelona spain. For 20 years I never ventured that far, had elderly parents. Is there a price range for hotels in Barcelona if I wanted to stay a few days. I dont speak other languages will it be easy to get around? I dont even know what day of the week I get in is to try and mock book a similar date. Too early to have a idea about flight costs. I'll keep reading and try to see if there is a area I should book a hotel and figure out where to start. 

We're just back from a Barcelona to FFL TA. We spent 4 days in Barcelona prior and loved everything about it. We stayed at Hotel Lleo, booking a year in advance to get the free bkfst buffet and pay when you check in. It's only a few blocks from the main square and La Rumba (sp?), with many great tapa bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. Enjoy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Look for hotels near Placa Catalunya.

We also stayed at Hotel Lleo...conveniently located between Placa Universitat and Placa Catalunya.

Approximately 12 minutes by taxi to the cruise terminal.

* The Metro in Barcelona is cheap and easy to use for getting around. Happy planning.

I booked H10 Metropolitan just off Placa Catalunya and they are having a black Friday sale now Join the H10 club before you book and you will get 20% off booking this weekend only. I booked Rambla room which has the  juliette balcony with the breakfast. The HOHO bus is right at the corner.

12 hours ago, smokeykat said:

I booked H10 Metropolitan just off Placa Catalunya and they are having a black Friday sale now Join the H10 club before you book and you will get 20% off booking this weekend only.

Thank you for the heads-up, @smokeykat.  We had a 10% discount for our October 2024 booking which I rebooked with the 20% discount.

• 2 weeks later...

In September we loved our stayed at the Plaza Catalunya.  The hotel is about thirty meters or a hundred feet from the awesome Plaza de Catalunya. The La Rambla is just off the Plaza.  The Plaza de Catalunya is also the major transportation hub for the Hop on- Hop off tour bus lines.  Plenty of affordable restaurants on side streets off the Plaza.  

Practically across the street from the hotel is a good inexpensive coffee/breakfast lunch sandwich restaurant. And facing the Plaza de Catalunya is my favorite, Cafe Zurich. Cafe Zurich's outdoor tables are most excellent for a afternoon or evening beverage as the busy sidewalk traffic of trendy Barcelonans pass by. https://www.facebook.com/cafezurichdebarcelona/

When booking this hotel I looked at several of the more expensive recommendations frequently offered for Barcelona, but found the Plaza Catalunya to be a better bargain and location. This was for a Celebrity Edge cruise. Bon Voyage!

Plaza Catalunya

Bergara, 11. 08002, Barcelona

+34 93 301 51 51

catalunya@cataloniahotels.com

PXL_20230922_161344909 (1).jpg

• Like 1