Barcelona Hotels

joehick

23 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation with some old world charm?  When we travel to Europe we really enjoy staying in a hotel that offers some local flavor in the rooms and architecture. Thank you

It's renovated old world charm, but we enjoyed it!  And there's plenty of old world charm around it, plus walkable to some of Mr. Gaudi's creations.  Here's Hotel Granvia. 

20230419_181639 Loved the library & other common areas.jpg

20230419_181131 Wonderful Granvia Hotel used to be a residence.jpg

• Like 2

Hotel Granvia looks lovely. It appears that some of these recommendations are not yet open for booking yet during next May. That surprises me. For Instance this one and 1898 remain blacked out. Maybe first of Aug will present booking options 

58 minutes ago, sea mom said:

How far is the hotel Jazz from the cruise terminal for Celebrity.  Any other recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks

Good to know too as we are also booked at the Jazz for our cruise.

1 hour ago, sea mom said:

How far is the hotel Jazz from the cruise terminal for Celebrity.  Any other recommendations are welcomed.

Google Maps indicates it's 7.3 - 10.7km by car depending on the route.  It's a 6.1km walk.  Take a taxi...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2023 at 7:39 AM, Melnal2 said:

Hi Steve - That link isn't working for me (probably something I'm doing wrong) - thanks so much for the info on the bus because I just booked a pre-cruise stay at the H10 Catalunya Plaza for our Sun Princess cruise next February!  Wondering if the link is working for anyone else? 

What bus # did you take - thank you for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

I did scroll through several of the pages on here, but I may have missed it. We're coming into Barcelona next May, at the end of our Viking cruise. We dock on a Friday, and have the day there, but then disembark the next morning. We've opted to get a hotel room for that night, to fly out on Sunday instead. I didn't want to have to stress about getting to the airport the day we disembark. So we'll have all day Friday in town and then Saturday as well. Looking for a hotel near the cruise terminal for Viking, and then I'm looking, it appears there's plenty of public transportation ways to get to the airport on Sunday morning. Thanks so much for any tips/advice on this one night stay.

2 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

I did scroll through several of the pages on here, but I may have missed it. We're coming into Barcelona next May, at the end of our Viking cruise. We dock on a Friday, and have the day there, but then disembark the next morning. We've opted to get a hotel room for that night, to fly out on Sunday instead. I didn't want to have to stress about getting to the airport the day we disembark. So we'll have all day Friday in town and then Saturday as well. Looking for a hotel near the cruise terminal for Viking, and then I'm looking, it appears there's plenty of public transportation ways to get to the airport on Sunday morning. Thanks so much for any tips/advice on this one night stay.

Cindy, the cruise ships dock near the southern terminus of Las Ramblas...so, it's a fairly short distance to most of the hotels people recommend on ths board...and a fairly inexpensive taxi ride--which is how you are going to want to go from ship to hotel...especially with luggage.  From whichever hotel to the airport for Sunday, it depends on your budget...you can always pay for a taxi or limo to the airport...but, if you want an easy and inexpensive way, again, use the Aerobus.  It goes from the northeast corner of the Placa Catalunya to the airport, departing every few minutes with only a couple of stops.  There are several hotels walking distance to the bus stop...I like the H10 Catalunya Plaza--just across the square.  There is also an Iberostar hotel right near the bus stop and a few others fairly close...But this is the area you should really look at.  Almost everything you might want to do in your short time in Barcelona is close by...lots of restaurants and a great El Corte Ingles department store and supermarket right there on the eastern side of the Placa as well.  Good luck.

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bruin Steve said:

Cindy, the cruise ships dock near the southern terminus of Las Ramblas...so, it's a fairly short distance to most of the hotels people recommend on ths board...and a fairly inexpensive taxi ride--which is how you are going to want to go from ship to hotel...especially with luggage.  From whichever hotel to the airport for Sunday, it depends on your budget...you can always pay for a taxi or limo to the airport...but, if you want an easy and inexpensive way, again, use the Aerobus.  It goes from the northeast corner of the Placa Catalunya to the airport, departing every few minutes with only a couple of stops.  There are several hotels waking distance to the bus stop...I like the H10 Catalunya Plaza--just across the square.  There is also an Iberostar hotel right near the bus stop and a few others fairly close...But this is the area you should really look at.  Almost everything you might want to do inn your short time in Barcelona is close by...lots of restaurants a nd a great El Corte ingles department store and supermarket right there on the eastern side of the Placa as well.  Good luck.

Thanks so much! I'll check those hotels out and see which ones look like where we want to stay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 6:38 AM, cuatthesea said:

Traveling in June 2024 with a group of 6, ranging in age from 16-76.  We will be in Barcelona 3 nights pre cruise.  We don't need "fancy," just clean, comfortable and convenient to walking/transportation. Looking to book 3 rooms.  Really don't want to do an AirBnB as I think we need a little separation😁.  Hotel Lleo, Hotel Atlantis & Hotel Continental Barcelona are all within in our price range and seem to meet our needs.  Which would you choose or does anyone have another recommendation?  Thank you for your help!

I stayed at the Hotel Lleo for 2 nites.  Great location for transportation and sightseeing. Good bfast.

We took the Aerobus from the airport to the Universitat stop for 5 or 6E then walked about 2 blocks to the hotel.  After checking in we walked to the Bogueria Market, maybe 5 minutes away.  Wandered a little further and found the Umbrella Bldg for a photo opp, then came across Placa Real where we stopped for a drink and tapas at one of the outdoor cafes.   Went back again the next night for dinner!

On cruise day, we checked out but had them hold our luggage. There was a taxi stand right outside so around 2pm we took a cab to the pier, maybe 10 minutes, 20E for 4 of us. 

Barcelona was a wonderful surprise. Absolutely loved it and wished we'd stayed 3 nites.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 1:18 PM, -Lew- said:

As I mentioned previously, we're staying at H10 Metropolitan between cruises in October 2024.  Be sure to join Club H10 for discounts.  Looks like an excellent hotel in a wonderful location.

I upgraded our booking this morning after seeing a 15% discount offered.  Just checked and the discount is back to 5%.

A quick update on the 15% discount I received when booking at H10 Metropolitan...

I learned this morning the 15% discount is an H10 Club birthday discount.  I haven't seen it advertised...it just happened that I booked on that day.  If you're a club member and have a birthday before your arrival date, it's worth a try.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:57 AM, -Lew- said:

A quick update on the 15% discount I received when booking at H10 Metropolitan...

I learned this morning the 15% discount is an H10 Club birthday discount.  I haven't seen it advertised...it just happened that I booked on that day.  If you're a club member and have a birthday before your arrival date, it's worth a try.

I saw it when I booked a few days ago.  The promotion is called SUMMER23 and available until the end of this month for HC10 Club members; I got a total of 15% discount but for HC10 Catalunya Plaza.

Edited by Islander500

16 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

I saw it when I booked a few days ago.  The promotion is called SUMMER23 and available until the end of this month for HC10 Club members; I got a total of 15% discount but for HC10 Catalunya Plaza.

The SUMMER23 code offers various discounts up to 20% until September 21, 2023.  Our booking is in October 2024.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 12:59 PM, crazybus said:

Someone recommended this hotel.  Have you stayed there?

We stayed at the h10 Plaza Catalunya. Loved the location! Walk to so much around you. Taxis are also out front if u want to grab one. We took the bus from the airport. Cheap and easy!

• Like 1

Bigsky, that’s good to hear your opinion of the H10 Catalunya Plaza where we are staying. We also plan to take the bus from the airport to Catalunya Plaza and the hotel. We’ve even found a YouTube video of how to find the Aerobus location at the airport and how to buy tickets at a kiosk by the bus entrance. However, we will probably by our tickets online beforehand for less hassle. It’s amazing what kinds of information you can find on YouTube now!

4 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

We are staying there before our cruise in November. Thanks for the info!

Before our cruise, we had a balcony room that had views of the plaza. It was noisy at night. After the cruise, our airline canceled our flight and didn’t see that til we were on our way to the airport! Had our driver take us back to the h10. Luckily they had a room!! We got a different location that was so much better! Very nice staff!!! Found a wonderful place to eat dinner in their recommendation. Are there each night for dinner… haha

On 8/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, mapleleaves said:

I stayed at the Hotel Lleo for 2 nites.  Great location for transportation and sightseeing. Good bfast.

We took the Aerobus from the airport to the Universitat stop for 5 or 6E then walked about 2 blocks to the hotel.  After checking in we walked to the Bogueria Market, maybe 5 minutes away.  Wandered a little further and found the Umbrella Bldg for a photo opp, then came across Placa Real where we stopped for a drink and tapas at one of the outdoor cafes.   Went back again the next night for dinner!

On cruise day, we checked out but had them hold our luggage. There was a taxi stand right outside so around 2pm we took a cab to the pier, maybe 10 minutes, 20E for 4 of us. 

Barcelona was a wonderful surprise. Absolutely loved it and wished we'd stayed 3 nites.

Mapleleaves...just wanted to confirm, when taking the Aerobus from the airport,  is Hotel Lleo closer to the Universitat stop? We thought Hotel Leo was closer to the Placa Catalunya stop? Thanks!

* Google map shows Hotel Lleo to be a 7-minute walk, 400 meters from the last stop at Placa Catalunya. 

10 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Mapleleaves...just wanted to confirm, when taking the Aerobus from the airport,  is Hotel Lleo closer to the Universitat stop? We thought Hotel Leo was closer to the Placa Catalunya stop? Thanks!

* Google map shows Hotel Lleo to be a 7-minute walk, 400 meters from the last stop at Placa Catalunya. 

Most definitely we disembarked at the University stop.  The hotel was barely 2 blocks away. 

Enjoy your stay ... I'm jealous

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

We are staying there before our cruise in November. Thanks for the info!

We are also there tue night before our Celebrity cruise.  We will probably grab a meal at La Cote de ingles food hall

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Most definitely we disembarked at the University stop.  The hotel was barely 2 blocks away. 

Enjoy your stay ... I'm jealous

Thank you! :classic_smile:

* We just have to figure out which way to go once we get off the bus...I'm visually impaired.