Barcelona Hotels

joehick

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Twice, very nice location, free snacks and drinks, reasonable price. 

Thank you.  My cruise is not till June 2024 but in the planning stages.  I have never been to Europe and I’m a little overwhelmed.  We are planning 3 nights in Barcelona before the cruise.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 5:30 PM, Bruin Steve said:

If you stay in a hotel at or very near the Placa Catalunya, a good way to get there from the airport (or return) is to use the Aerobus...

https://aerobusbarcelona.es/?lang=en#

Cheap easy bus that picks up right at the terminal and drops off right on the Placa Catalunya...

6,75 € per person one-way or 11,65 € pp for a round trip ticket.  Frequent buses.  We took it both ways last time.  Pre-purchased tickets on the internet.  For our hotel, we only had to roll our suitcases across the plaza.  The "stop" is right in front of northern end of the El Corte Ingles department store.

We're staying at the H10 Plaza Catalunya. I see that there's a bus stop right out front. Does it drop you off there?

Where do you catch the bus at the airport?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigsky said:

We're staying at the H10 Plaza Catalunya. I see that there's a bus stop right out front. Does it drop you off there?

Where do you catch the bus at the airport?

We've caught taxis right in front of the hotel.  The Aerobus to the airport picks up and drops off across the Placa--at the Northeast corner, near the northern end of El Corte Ingles...The H10 is at the Northwest corner...it's a fairly short walk.

13 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

We've caught taxis right in front of the hotel.  The Aerobus to the airport picks up and drops off across the Placa--at the Northeast corner, near the northern end of El Corte Ingles...The H10 is at the Northwest corner...it's a fairly short walk.

We don't need transportation to the airport from the hotel. Was asking where the bus is at the airport to take us to our hotel. Thanks!

5 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Anyone stay anywhere nicer than continental palacette, with breakfast, good location and paying around 145 US?

Any hotel reservation prices, anywhere, depend on several things, including:  1)  The dates, including day of the week, 2) the room type, 3) whether it is cancelable or pre-paid and 4) WHEN you made the reservation (often, prices are MUCH lower when booked far in advance).

We will be in Barcelona pre- and post cruise, April 29 and again on May 7, staying at the H10 Catalunya Plaza--which I would prefer over the Continental Palacete...and, of course, "nicer" is a matter of personal preference.  We all have different standards, expectations and requirements.  We are paying what I consider a very reasonable average of 182 Euros (including all fees and taxes and including an outstanding breakfast).  But, on the whole, there are several hotels one should consider in Barcelona...and price alone should never be the determining factor.  Consider, importantly, location, hotel amenities, room size, security, etc.  Read the reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arriving in Barcelona after a Princess cruise on 9/9.  Looking to book a hotel for the night before flying home the next day.  Like to see a little and get a feel of Barcelona that day we arrive.  Have read through the pages here.  Great information.  I had been planning on Royal Passeig de Garcia hotel.  Now not so sure.  One of my concerns is economical transport from port to hotel, and hotel to airport. Thanks to these pages I am now aware of Aerobus.

I am liking the Continental Palacetta and H10 Catalunya Plaza options.  Does Aerobus service both?  We have a noon flight.  Is one better than the other for getting a flavor of Barcelona?  We were in the Las Ramblas area for a night our last time in Barcelona.  What are some tips on getting from the port to the hotel.  I look forward hearing what everyone has to share.

Ken

Just fyi, we just stayed at H10 Cataluyna plaza for 4 nights post river cruise. Loved the location, used taxis and the hop on/hop off bus right across the street from the hotel. Loved the staff, the breakfast and the free Cava in the lobbies and free snacks in the afternoon was a nice touch. I don't recommend a standard double though, it is very, very tiny even for Europe with not even one draw. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Just fyi, we just stayed at H10 Cataluyna plaza for 4 nights post river cruise. Loved the location, used taxis and the hop on/hop off bus right across the street from the hotel. Loved the staff, the breakfast and the free Cava in the lobbies and free snacks in the afternoon was a nice touch. I don't recommend a standard double though, it is very, very tiny even for Europe with not even one draw. 

Good to know. Staying there in early August pre cruise. Is the “subway” close by to get to locations quickly? 

14 minutes ago, bigsky said:

Good to know. Staying there in early August pre cruise. Is the “subway” close by to get to locations quickly? 

Yes, the cataluyna plaza stop is right there. Also, a bus. We bought a two-day pass for the hop on/hop off bus and walked a lot: 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day. It's very central to everything

49 minutes ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Did you make your reservations online? I understand the breakfast is free if you do. When I looked to book there were two boxes, Room only and Room with breakfast (was more money). I am looking at a terrace room for 3. My daughter can sleep on the fold out couch. We will be staying in Barcelona for 3 days before our cruise and haven’t decided for how long after yet. June 2024

Thank you!

Edited by FL Sunshine
Add

On 4/7/2023 at 4:04 PM, crazybus said:

Thank you.  My cruise is not till June 2024 but in the planning stages.  I have never been to Europe and I’m a little overwhelmed.  We are planning 3 nights in Barcelona before the cruise.

Hi our cruise is with Oasis is June 23-30, 2024. Who are you cruising with? 😊

39 minutes ago, FL Sunshine said:

Did you make your reservations online? I understand the breakfast is free if you do. When I looked to book there were two boxes, Room only and Room with breakfast (was more money). I am looking at a terrace room for 3. My daughter can sleep on the fold out couch. We will be staying in Barcelona for 3 days before our cruise and haven’t decided for how long after yet. June 2024

Thank you!

I found the answer about breakfast after looking at the hotel’s website again. So excited about this trip. This will be our first time to Spain. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

When I looked at their website, they had a standard double and a double square, do you know if that one is  larger ?

Thanks.  

3 hours ago, FL Sunshine said:

Hi. Is anyone else having issues with the H10 Catalunya website? I’m unable to book. Thank you

Having the same issue... we are already booked at the Jazz, but thought I would check this one out too.

17 hours ago, nikel said:

Having the same issue... we are already booked at the Jazz, but thought I would check this one out too.

My husband was able to get on the site with his computer last night. I hope all works out for you. Enjoy your trip.😊

• Like 1