Royal Up, embarking in 2 days...

suizas

Hello! Leaving Dec 31st and had put in bid for Royal Up.  Received email yesterday that said my request will be reviewed onboard.  Today i am trying to view my Set Sail Pass on laptop and cell phone and the screen doesn't get to the set sail pass...the anchor logo just keeps spinning.  

Anyone else experience this?  could it mean the Royal Up is in progress? Thanks!  Susan

Edited by suizas

Unfortunately, just sounds like the computer systems are overloaded with queries. This has been documented on many occasions in the past on a monthly basis. Nothing any user can do except what  @Biker19stated. Wait a bit and try again, if you do not succeed, rinse, repeat, and try again. 😁

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think its typical they close up the booking 2 days before you sail. Nothing else can be purchased.  

OP is talking about access the SetSail pass, not the planner - that should be available at all times (except when it's not) after check in.

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Unfortunately, just sounds like the computer systems are overloaded with queries. This has been documented on many occasions in the past on a monthly basis. Nothing any user can do except what  @Biker19stated. Wait a bit and try again, if you do not succeed, rinse, repeat, and try again. 😁

okey dokey! 

Good luck with your bidding.  I have received 3 emails in the past 10 days asking us to submit a Royal Up Bid... Our ship is about 98% occupied and there is only 1 junior suite left.  I didn't bid and have no plans on doing so.  With the ships sailing at almost full occupancy, seems like they are trying to get every last dollar.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, suizas said:

Hello! Leaving Dec 31st and had put in bid for Royal Up.  Received email yesterday that said my request will be reviewed onboard.  Today i am trying to view my Set Sail Pass on laptop and cell phone and the screen doesn't get to the set sail pass...the anchor logo just keeps spinning.  

Anyone else experience this?  could it mean the Royal Up is in progress? Thanks!  Susan

The email essentially says that your bid was not accepted/failed.

In the past, that was the end of bidding. Now, with last minute Covid cancellations, they give the ship, the option of upgrading people into the no show cabins,,, which is unlikely. Enjoy your original cabin. 

6 hours ago, as3369 said:

Good luck with your bidding.  I have received 3 emails in the past 10 days asking us to submit a Royal Up Bid... Our ship is about 98% occupied and there is only 1 junior suite left.  I didn't bid and have no plans on doing so.  With the ships sailing at almost full occupancy, seems like they are trying to get every last dollar.

I have received 3 emails also --- made me think someone wants my room... its an Ultra Spacious Ocean View cabin ... they offered me a Panoramic Suite (No Balcony) but I didn't jump on it because I don't know if its really an upgrade to what I have..

6 minutes ago, C cruise said:

I have received 3 emails also --- made me think someone wants my room... its an Ultra Spacious Ocean View cabin ... they offered me a Panoramic Suite (No Balcony) but I didn't jump on it because I don't know if its really an upgrade to what I have..

VP suite is a great cabin. Even has a second powder room and a huge TV. I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Full suite benefits as well

Downside is the forward location, but you already have that, so give it a shot.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, C cruise said:

made me think someone wants my room

Virtually everyone keeps getting reminders to bid - very unlikely it has anything to do with your particular situation - Royal Up offers are likely automated without regard to inventory or circumstances.

• Like 3