Which Ships Serve Funfetti Cheesecake?

AHS123

30 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

This past year,  I've had it on embarkation day on the Horizon and Magic. I'll be on the Miracle in a week,  and I'll be looking for it! Next to creme brulee in the MDR, it's the best dessert Carnival has, IMHO. 😋

I couldn't agree more! I'm also a fan of their crème brulee. It's heresy on here to say this but I don't understand the hoopla over the chocolate melting cake.

• Like 2

We have seen it on both the Dream and Breeze but were told it is usually only available on embarkation day in the buffet - and it goes fast.  So, perhaps, look for it on your first day b/c it may not be offered later.   

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:30 AM, AHS123 said:

I couldn't agree more! I'm also a fan of their crème brulee. It's heresy on here to say this but I don't understand the hoopla over the chocolate melting cake.

Lol, I'm the same! A friend of mine loves the CMC, but I rarely have it anymore. Just don't care for it that much. Yes, I love CCL's creme brulee, but liked it more when they used to top it with berries....now they serve it just plain. Still one of my favorites. Surprisingly, my last cruise (this past Sept.) was the first time I tried the Funfetti Cheesecake, and I fell in love. It was so good. I do wish they would add it to the MDR rotation, or as a nightly staple! And now someone has done gone and posted that pic of the choc. chip cookie cake---that looks amazing, so I'll have to be on the lookout for that also! Just a few more days......!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 6:57 AM, pcvtmom said:

This past year,  I've had it on embarkation day on the Horizon and Magic. I'll be on the Miracle in a week,  and I'll be looking for it! Next to creme brulee in the MDR, it's the best dessert Carnival has, IMHO. 😋

Any luck on Miracle?

It's only on Embarkation Day.

Legend had it for the start of the Journey's cruise on 1/8

Ken Byrne had posted that they make 10 cakes and when they're gone, they're gone.  If you board late, you are out of luck!

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2023 at 1:08 PM, Kryssa said:

Any luck on Miracle?

Yes! We had it on the Miracle in 2021 and 2022. As everyone else says, on embarkation day only. We saw it but only my husband had a piece in 2021 and I looked for it every day afterwards. We made sure we had some last year after we boarded. 

On 12/30/2022 at 4:03 PM, AHS123 said:

It really is good, isn't it? So many of the cheesecake dessert items served in the lido these days have gelatin added so the food cost is reduced by using less cream cheese and using gelatin for body.

The cheesecake used in this cake has not been diluted with gelatin. This cake, and the cheesecake served in the steakhouses, seem to be the only exceptions to the gelatin added desserts so common now on Carnival.

I agree it would be nice to have the Funfetti cake offered more than just the first day. I'll go so far to say it should be included on the dessert menu for an elegant night in the MDR!

Everything's better with sprinkles!  This Funfetti Cheesecake Cake features a layer of cheesecake in between two layers of white cake...and lots of sprinkles!  It's a fun cake for any sort of celebration.

Thank you for posting this!! My boyfriend loves cheesecake and will be looking for this on the Vista in May!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...