mixology plus create and pour program for Elites?

jean87510

I am going on my first Celebrity cruise since January 2020.  I have an upcoming on the Equinox and the Beyond in December 2023.  When looking at the Elite benefits, I noticed it and did a quick search on their website.  Here's a couple of screenshots plus the link. https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes.

My question is has anyone done this?  I think the one is just the Apex and the Beyond.

Screenshot_20230101-120103_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230101-120110_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

We did attend the first one on the Equinox last year.  The mixologist from the World Class Bar mixed some different drinks as he talked about them while the band played music that was supposed to be related to the drink although I didn't really get the connection.  As he made each drink, we were served the same drink to try.  They were full size drinks so most didn't finish them.  I think they had non-alcoholic versions for those who requested them.  It was nice but probably it looked like a lot of alcohol went to waste.

• Thanks 4

When we were on the Equinox in November, the Music + Mixology was offered.  We only attended for a bit as we had dinner reservations scheduled shortly after the event started.  From what we saw, one of the bands was in the venue, along with bar tenders and activities staff.  One of the activities staff members talked about the drink that was being made by the bar staff and then the band played along with an appropriate song.  They then pass the drink around to the attendees, which we passed on as we are not whiskey drinkers.  Hope this helps and we would have stayed but dinner was calling!

snow bunny

• Thanks 3

That sounds like fun. I think they had it on our Equinox cruise a few months ago, but I really don't recall. We'll be sure to look for it on board Reflection in a in a couple months. 

34 minutes ago, newtampagirl said:

Create and Pour is a drawing class while drinking wine. We did it on the Apex last month. The artist said that the title was confusing and maybe it should be changed to Sip and Sketch. We almost didn't stay but it was fun and we learned something.

That sounds like something I would really like!!  I do things like this with my gfs and its a lot of fun.  Kudos to Celebrity for this.  I'll have to keep a look out for it for my Christmas cruise next December on the Beyond.  

• Like 1

I did Create and Pour on Apex.  Sign up with the Captains Club onboard.  Do not just show up - trust me on this - ours was very popular.  People who just turned up were not let in.  It is limited due to seating, and the Captains Club signs you up onboard.  You will be led through drawing with an art instructor, and given a glass of wine to enjoy while drawing.  It was fun.  

On embarkation day - among the things in the room you will have a flyer with the create and pour class listed.  If interested - I would sign up for it early.  You can always cancel if there is another activity you find you want to do later.  

• Thanks 1

Sneak Peak of Eden is interesting too - I would go to that.  They hand out some drinks and several performers give a brief performance of their acts in Eden.  If you have ever seen Cirque du Soleil or similar - they have some performances of that type.  We saw a trapeze type performance, and a floor acrobat / balancing act.  You just get a short look at a few of the things that would be going on in Eden during the sailing.  Worth a look and Eden is really a beautiful space.

• Thanks 1

I did a mixology class on Silhouette.  It was held at the World Class Bar and consisted of making four drinks using different techniques, shaken, muddled, stirred, and mixed.  No mx with music or anything -- just 8-10 of us sitting at the bar having the mixologist explain the drink we would be making, him making it and then us making our own under their supervision, and then we consumed the drink before going on to the. next one -- rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1

We attended it on the equinox in Nov.  The mixologist mixed some drinks while someone from the entertainment staff  did some talking.  We couldn’t hear him because the band was playing too loud.  They mixed and served 4 regular size drinks in a period of 45 minutes.   A  Mai Tai,  Manhattan or old fashion,  Kir Royale,  and Cosmo.  

I am glad that there were free.   None were were very good.   If we didn’t have the drink pack we probably would have drank them.  I think it was at 4 or 5 in the evening in the Sky Lounge close to the end of the cruise.   I heard it was a test and only available at that time on the Equinox.   It was a Elite Plus event that required a RSVP.   There weren’t many attending and I didn’t count but I would guess 20 max

Drink up 🍻🍷🍸🥂🍺

E90D552A-832C-483E-9BE4-E6136AF617FB.png

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

We did attend the first one on the Equinox last year.  The mixologist from the World Class Bar mixed some different drinks as he talked about them while the band played music that was supposed to be related to the drink although I didn't really get the connection.  As he made each drink, we were served the same drink to try.  They were full size drinks so most didn't finish them.  I think they had non-alcoholic versions for those who requested them.  It was nice but probably it looked like a lot of alcohol went to waste.

I was on the Equinox sailing September 26th last year and was invited to this event also. Was told it was the first one for our ship and if well attended it would be added to all the fleet. House band played in the sky lounge 3 drinks were made then duplicated by bartenders and served.  One drink was a Manhatten can't remember the other 2. The event lasted 45 minutes.  Yes there was wastage as full size drinks later in evening and not enough time to drink them all. JMO.