When will 2025 Viking Ocean cruises be released to book?

terrydtx

We are very interested in doing a South America cruise from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires in Jan-March 2025. Oceania has released their schedule and we want to compare it to Viking Ocean which has not released their 2025 schedules. Oceania has a very good 18-day cruise in 2025 on the Marina and after looking at VO's 18-day cruises in 2024 we hope they have the same itinerary in 2025. Does anyone here have any incite to when VO will release their 2025 schedules? 

On 1/2/2023 at 3:47 PM, terrydtx said:

We are very interested in doing a South America cruise from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires in Jan-March 2025. Oceania has released their schedule and we want to compare it to Viking Ocean which has not released their 2025 schedules. Oceania has a very good 18-day cruise in 2025 on the Marina and after looking at VO's 18-day cruises in 2024 we hope they have the same itinerary in 2025. Does anyone here have any incite to when VO will release their 2025 schedules? 

We’re looking for the same trip, looking at options but many cruise lines take their time, we like to book far flung trips a few years ahead. 

2 hours ago, waldorf said:

We’re looking for the same trip, looking at options but many cruise lines take their time, we like to book far flung trips a few years ahead. 

We booked the Oceania Marina cruise on Tuesday to make sure we get a good cabin while we wait for Viking's 2025 schedule. Nice thing with Oceania we can cancel anytime up to 6 months out and get back 100% of our deposit.

• Like 2

Hi all, hubby & I are particularly interested in the Norwegian Fjords for 2025 so I’m also eagerly waiting & watching Vikings website for  their itineraries. I like to be super organised so I find this waiting game ‘hard going’!! 😂😂 Vicki. 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cornellcindy said:

We booked the 2025 WC yesterday going LA to London.  They also offer LA to NY.  Sadly, there is no SA.

Congrats @cornellcindy.  Question: given that the 2025 WC LA to London has the same itinerary as the 2024 WC LA to London, why are you waiting?  After all, none of us are getting any younger?

34 minutes ago, cornellcindy said:

We booked the 2025 WC yesterday going LA to London.  They also offer LA to NY.  Sadly, there is no SA.

It looks like only the WC ones for 2025 have been released as of now. 

Looks like most existing itineraries are now posted through October 2025.  Sadly, looking through nearly all of them, I don't find any different itineraries, ports, or routes per se.   Even have the same "Names".  I had heard they might be revising itineraries in 2025, adding some new routes and new ports, but it appears not to be.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Looks like most existing itineraries are now posted through October 2025.  Sadly, looking through nearly all of them, I don't find any different itineraries, ports, or routes per se.   Even have the same "Names".  I had heard they might be revising itineraries in 2025, adding some new routes and new ports, but it appears not to be.  Time will tell.

I would imagine that any new/ish itineraries will take longer to put in place. I am not giving up hope!

18 hours ago, harbourside said:

Have Viking got any new ship builds for 2024/2025 which could be doing new itineraries,  Last new ship  listed is Viking Saturn.

Viking have a new ocean ship building each year from 2024 through 2028, inclusive.

• Thanks 1

For 10 years Viking itineraries (in the Med especially) are exactly the same!

Repetitive itineraries with 0 new destinations.

Maybe someone in their itinerary planning department could say he/she has the best job in the world, sitting and doing absolutely nothing lol!

I want also this job there! 😂

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 3

On 1/6/2023 at 6:11 PM, Busy Mum said:

Hi all, hubby & I are particularly interested in the Norwegian Fjords for 2025 so I’m also eagerly waiting & watching Vikings website for  their itineraries. I like to be super organised so I find this waiting game ‘hard going’!! 😂😂 Vicki. 🙂

I've seen 2025 posting for the "Into the Midnight Sun" cruise, which spends a lot of time in the Norwegian Fjords.

Viking Ocean cruises itineraries came out a week ago for 2025 up to October '25.  Same itineraries as 23 and 24 pretty much.  Same cruises posted to Norway - Into the Midnight Sun and Northern Lights, as well as Fjords and Shores, among others.   We did Midnight Sun last July and it really was spectacular.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiiiSailor said:

I've seen 2025 posting for the "Into the Midnight Sun" cruise, which spends a lot of time in the Norwegian Fjords.

Thank you TiiiSailor. I have notified the cruises are now listed for June 2025 & we are very interested.

The only hesitancy is that the deposit of $1,000 per person (which is fine price wise) is completely non refundable & we are not allowed to move the deposit to another cruise, for any reason. This was the case when I spoke with a Viking Rep here in Australia around 6 months ago. Now, not that we would necessarily would want to do this, but given the cruise isn’t until 2025, things do come up. I was strongly advised to get travel insurance, which we always do, but it’s still a bit of a concern to me. Do you know if these cruises sell out quickly? We have not sailed with Viking but very much like the look of their ships & what they offer. Also, are the ‘included’ tours worthwhile or do you find booking their paid tours better? Thanks for any advice you can offer. 

Vicki. 🙂

7 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Viking Ocean cruises itineraries came out a week ago for 2025 up to October '25.  Same itineraries as 23 and 24 pretty much.  Same cruises posted to Norway - Into the Midnight Sun and Northern Lights, as well as Fjords and Shores, among others.   We did Midnight Sun last July and it really was spectacular.

So very glad to hear you enjoyed the Midnight Sun cruise CCWineLover. Vicki. 🙂

On 1/16/2023 at 3:05 AM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

For 10 years Viking itineraries (in the Med especially) are exactly the same!

Repetitive itineraries with 0 new destinations.

Maybe someone in their itinerary planning department could say he/she has the best job in the world, sitting and doing absolutely nothing lol!

I want also this job there! 😂

Totally agree. Same itineraries for Viking for years - which is so very disappointing. To date Viking has been our favorite line, however this has caused us to look (and book) elsewhere. I keep hoping with new ships, there will be newer ports, but the very northern hemisphere and the western (Hawaii and Polynesia) seem to be the only real expansions over the past few years. For some reason, other lines that compete are able to announce new ports (including in the Mediterranean), so I am not sure why Viking doesn’t do the same. Maybe they feel the market is too saturated, but it is forcing Viking fans to look in different directions. 

• Like 1

Got an email from Viking this morning that said:

"Today we are pleased to announce that 2024 & 2025 departures of our most popular ocean voyages are now open for booking, making this the perfect time to start planning your next Mediterranean voyage, Hawaiian sojourn or Atlantic Coast journey. Our 2024 and 2025 seasons include several new itineraries, outlined below, that may be of interest to you. Many of these voyages will sell out, so reserve your preferred stateroom today with a deposit of just $25 and enjoy a special airfare offer. "

19 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

Thank you TiiiSailor. I have notified the cruises are now listed for June 2025 & we are very interested.

The only hesitancy is that the deposit of $1,000 per person (which is fine price wise) is completely non refundable & we are not allowed to move the deposit to another cruise, for any reason. This was the case when I spoke with a Viking Rep here in Australia around 6 months ago. Now, not that we would necessarily would want to do this, but given the cruise isn’t until 2025, things do come up. I was strongly advised to get travel insurance, which we always do, but it’s still a bit of a concern to me. Do you know if these cruises sell out quickly? We have not sailed with Viking but very much like the look of their ships & what they offer. Also, are the ‘included’ tours worthwhile or do you find booking their paid tours better? Thanks for any advice you can offer. 

Vicki. 🙂

The cruise we're taking this summer, Into the Midnight Sun, still has cabins available.  Not a lot, but some.  As far as the deposit, the Viking website currently shows a deposit of $25 for 2023, 2024, and 2025.  Maybe this lower deposit wasn't in effect when you talked to the local Viking Rep 6 months ago. 

I usually have done plenty of research online before I talk to a cruise line representative or travel agent.  The few times they've told me something that doesn't agree with what I found online I'll question them.  Sometimes I've found myself in error and other times they've made a mistake. Good luck in your search.

Tim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiiiSailor said:

The cruise we're taking this summer, Into the Midnight Sun, still has cabins available.  Not a lot, but some.  As far as the deposit, the Viking website currently shows a deposit of $25 for 2023, 2024, and 2025.  Maybe this lower deposit wasn't in effect when you talked to the local Viking Rep 6 months ago. 

The person talking about the $1000 non-refundable deposit is from Australia.  They appear to often have completely different terms and conditions that USA customers.  Maybe they don't have that $25 deposit offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1