$50 Excursion Credit

pistachio

If you buy an excursion on the tv screens throughout the ship it does not ask for nsmes.  You will get s ticket delivered to your room.  Whoever can take that ticket and go.  Just make sure to dip the card of the one with the credit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, resetjet said:

If you buy an excursion on the tv screens throughout the ship it does not ask for nsmes.  You will get s ticket delivered to your room.  Whoever can take that ticket and go.  Just make sure to dip the card of the one with the credit.

32 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Guest number 1 receives the credits.  Terms & Conditions state this perk is NOT transferable.

B2B post conflicting information, why am I not surprised?

4 hours ago, Davechipp74 said:

B2B post conflicting information, why am I not surprised?

They aren’t actually conflicting.

One post is saying that the credits are non transferable. The other is saying that despite that you can take someone else’s ticket with you and nobody will notice.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

They aren’t actually conflicting.

One post is saying that the credits are non transferable. The other is saying that despite that you can take someone else’s ticket with you and nobody will notice.

Exactly.  And if you buy it on the tv screens,  they deliver the ticket to your room.  We bought 3 and it does not ask for any names on the touchscreen.  Only one card was dipped.  

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

No one questions it, until they do. I'm just waiting for the thread from a bad vacation where a tour provider actually checks names. 

Then @ggTexasGal post will be prescient and correct. Not that the upset poster will believe it, because it's always been done that way.

I can't imagine they ever will unless there is some specific safety reason. It serves them no purpose if they are getting the money from NCL to take that action.

Their goal is to have you walking away from that tour saying wow and wanting to tell everyone about it so they can make more money in the future.

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

No one questions it, until they do. I'm just waiting for the thread from a bad vacation where a tour provider actually checks names. 

Then @ggTexasGal post will be prescient and correct. Not that the upset poster will believe it, because it's always been done that way.

Thats what I am trying to say.  If you purchase on the touch screen, it doesn't ask for names.  Therefore, there are no specific names on the tickets.

• Like 1

From what I’ve seen the prices are laughable, if you take the $50 off, the prices are still twice what you could get elsewhere, and still more expensive than other cruise lines.

just a total con IMO, makes me remember why I haven’t sailed on NCL for several years.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:25 AM, SimplyAlbert said:

We've never had them check names on the tickets.  In fact, on one cruise we bought tickets and two of our party couldn't go.  I gave the tickets away to a very nice young couple who didn't have plans.  No one questioned it.

I haven't had them check my name recently but actually have been on several tours where a clipboard was passed row by row asking for full name and cabin number.

On Escape shorex noticed that my husband was taking the excursions despite my being primary guest.  Previous to sailing I had requested that we be switched but apparently that was never done because I remained guest #1. They decided to let it be.  When I took a shorex I paid full amount less Lat. discount because only the primary guest has the $50 credit.  So in that case, they certainly did notice and I guess could have made an issue out of it.  

Did not use TV to book so can't comment.  Good to know.

20 hours ago, rattla said:

From what I’ve seen the prices are laughable, if you take the $50 off, the prices are still twice what you could get elsewhere, and still more expensive than other cruise lines.

just a total con IMO, makes me remember why I haven’t sailed on NCL for several years.

We use ours for the free beach claim shell to hide from the sun!

20 hours ago, rattla said:

The pries seem to have skyrocketed. My last cruises. I've been able to do half my tours for free as they were $50 or less. Now all tours seem to be $100 plus

32 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

The pries seem to have skyrocketed. My last cruises. I've been able to do half my tours for free as they were $50 or less. Now all tours seem to be $100 plus

What price for anything hasn’t sky rocketed?

22 hours ago, rattla said:

Nice input…why not post on the boards of the lines you do sail on? 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 2:32 PM, J0Y0US said:

I can't imagine they ever will unless there is some specific safety reason.

Years ago on “another line” there was a tour of the French Navy base in Toulon. Not only did they check names, but passports were mandatory. Only time I’ve ever seen a tour care about names. And was obviously a very different tour than the standard party bus to the beach. 

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Nice input…why not post on the boards of the lines you do sail on? 

probably came across negative so sorry if upset anyone, but I’d just booked with them for later in the year and thought the shore credit would be a valuable extra.

when I then checked a few I was quite shocked at the prices for the tours they had showing for our cruise.

So that was more a reactionary post, which I know is never a good idea! 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, Lionkingrichard said:

We use ours for the free beach claim shell to hide from the sun!

If you mean Harvest, that is another cut back, it can only be done on the beach now with no credit.

• Like 1