Items to Bring Aboard

Lisah101

There is nor ever any limit, beyond reasonable, quantities of of soda or water which one can bring aboard...

It is generally accepted that one will bring aboard what they can carry although often times a porter will check it for, if they choose to.

You have found, in the past, a policy statement about this on X's website??? Interesting to say the least.

Cheers and bon voyage

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You have found, in the past, a policy statement about this on X's website??? Interesting to say the least.

Bo, my memory, is that X, like RCI, once had an official policy prohibiting alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. As bad as both lines have been at contradictory information, I don't believe they ever had a policy on how to do something they told you not to do.

The non-alcoholic piece was clearly never (maybe rarely?) enforced...

The FAQs are silent on anything but alcohol today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I was wondering the same thing. In the past, we have brought a 24 pack of bottled water and a 12 pack of diet soda, both in the original package. Packed them in a sturdy reusable-type bag taped closed and put a luggage tag on it. Porter took it without a problem. I did find this article: https://familycruisecompanion.com/can-you-bring-bottled-water-on-a-cruise/#Celebrity_Cruises_Bottled_Water_Policy

5 hours ago, markeb said:

Bo, my memory, is that X, like RCI, once had an official policy prohibiting alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. As bad as both lines have been at contradictory information, I don't believe they ever had a policy on how to do something they told you not to do.

The non-alcoholic piece was clearly never (maybe rarely?) enforced...

The FAQs are silent on anything but alcohol today.

mark thank you for the info...

I have only been sailing X for nine (9) years and never encountered the policy on either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages...

We brought our wine, two (2) bottles per cabin upon embarkation, at that time, now it is two (2) bottles per cabin permitted,

Cheers and bon voyage

Just as an FYI, RCI has had for several years at least a policy that you can bring onboard 12 - 17 oz bottles of soft drinks (soda or water).

Maybe Celebrity will add such a restriction to match Royal.

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

We brought our wine, two (2) bottles per cabin upon embarkation, at that time, now it is two (2) bottles per cabin permitted,

I think you meant to say now it is two bottles per guest vice cabin. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I think you meant to say now it is two bottles per guest vice cabin. 

Thanks dk - was in the middle of drinking a very nice cab when writing that post.... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

mark thank you for the info...

I have only been sailing X for nine (9) years and never encountered the policy on either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages...

Cheers and bon voyage

Now 2-750ml bottles of wine per adult at embarkation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Thanks dk - was in the middle of drinking a very nice cab when writing that post.... LOL

No worries.  Lately I have found myself easily distracted by some nice GSM from Cooper's Hawk. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:55 AM, awhfy said:

Now 2-750ml bottles of wine per adult at embarkation 

I saw this in my cruise documents, and was surprised.  Is this an error or is it truly 2 bottles of wine per person, instead of stateroom?