Using specialty dining on Food Republic

jeffw67

On 1/3/2023 at 7:04 PM, jeffw67 said:

Four items does sound like a lot. And that's four items per person?

4 items per a credit.  You can use one credit and split the 4 items between people and save the other credit for another day/restaurant.

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

4 items per a credit.  You can use one credit and split the 4 items between people and save the other credit for another day/restaurant.

Ding Ding Ding (hint, hint) - using the other credit at La Cucina, as you can get 1-1-1-1 there (based on the latest NCL rules) and share the meals, although in the fine prints, "no sharing ... permitted"

8 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

How do you use only one credit if using the Platinum coupon they leave in the room? There's only one coupon for two. 

3 minutes ago, jeffw67 said:

How do you use only one credit if using the Platinum coupon they leave in the room? There's only one coupon for two. 

You can’t.  Probably not the best use of the voucher.  Your original question said FAS and that you can use 1 credit on.

Edited by Liljo22

19 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Food Republic was only open for lunch on sea days on the Joy.

If open for lunch (e.g., not open on the Prima), they open on sea days from 12:00-1:30 (short time).

pro tip: Service really slows down once the restaurant fills, so be there at noon. 

On 1/8/2023 at 9:54 AM, DebQ5 said:

If I remember correctly you could order some items from Food Republic while you were in District Brewhouse.  This was several years ago. Does anyone know if this is still possible?

I will be testing this theory in February. I've heard the same thing, drinks at the brewhouse and munchies delivered from next door at FR.

14 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I will be testing this theory in February. I've heard the same thing, drinks at the brewhouse and munchies delivered from next door at FR.

Me too!  Heading out on the 4th... I'll report back

On 1/4/2023 at 10:30 AM, TrumpyNor said:

As others have replied earlier, the answer is yes to your question. It is also worth noticing that most of the dishes on the menu are quite large, so just using one voucher at the time to and share the 4 dishes amongst you is both allowed and recommended in most cases. That way you can have TWO dinners (or lunches) at Food Republic, and using one of the vouchers each time.

I like this idea a lot and would like to do this at Wasabi on Breakaway, but I am reading  "Sharing of an SDP meal or to go food is not permitted".  Apparently that wasn't the case for you on your cruise ship?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, like2cruise said:

I like this idea a lot and would like to do this at Wasabi on Breakaway, but I am reading  "Sharing of an SDP meal or to go food is not permitted".  Apparently that wasn't the case for you on your cruise ship?

NCL seem to have changed the T&C for the SDP very recently.....