Can the Latitudes Platinum Dinner + Wine Voucher be used at Moderno?

Motegi

We will be cruising for the first time since the new more flexible Latitudes Dinner vouchers were introduced.  

Reading through the various threads discussing the changes to the vouchers which allow them to be used at more specialty venues I wasn't able to see whether the Latitudes "Dinner + Wine" voucher was able to be used at Moderno.  

I know about Cagney's and LeBistro, but does Moderno also have a "Complimentary Wine List" as well?

We will have the 2 dinner SDP plus the 2 Latitudes Platinum vouchers to use on our upcoming cruise on Epic.  

55 minutes ago, Motegi said:

We will be cruising for the first time since the new more flexible Latitudes Dinner vouchers were introduced.  

Reading through the various threads discussing the changes to the vouchers which allow them to be used at more specialty venues I wasn't able to see whether the Latitudes "Dinner + Wine" voucher was able to be used at Moderno.  

I know about Cagney's and LeBistro, but does Moderno also have a "Complimentary Wine List" as well?

We will have the 2 dinner SDP plus the 2 Latitudes Platinum vouchers to use on our upcoming cruise on Epic.  

Yes it can. We often use it there.

In fact, if you are likely to want to order multiple apps or desserts in other places then it is best to use the latitudes voucher in Moderno.

The wine list is available there.

Just remember, when making reservations, reserve Moderno first to avoid having to pay for it when booking.

• Like 1

I agree with Keith, its great place to use a Platinum voucher as there are no limits.

You can use the platinum vouchers in any restaurant now, some people have had a note about this in the cabin, we dind't get the note three weeks ago on the breakaway so went to ask and was told, it's not published but its now allowed at any restaurant.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes it can. We often use it there.

In fact, if you are likely to want to order multiple apps or desserts in other places then it is best to use the latitudes voucher in Moderno.

The wine list is available there.

Just remember, when making reservations, reserve Moderno first to avoid having to pay for it when booking.

Thanks for the info!  That’s precisely what we were thinking as far as ordering multiple apps and desserts at Cageys and LeBistro.

So we will use our Latitudes vouchers at Moderno and Teppanyaki and use our SDP at Cagney’s and LeBistro

2 minutes ago, Motegi said:

Thanks for the info!  That’s precisely what we were thinking as far as ordering multiple apps and desserts at Cageys and LeBistro.

So we will use our Latitudes vouchers at Moderno and Teppanyaki and use our SDP at Cagney’s and LeBistro

Just an FYI only one of your Latitude vouchers comes with wine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Not that that matters since the drink package will provide wine at every meal.

I take my unopened bottle back to the cabin and also order from the drinks package.

• Like 2

Yes, but some of the wine on the complimentary list is not available by the glass, or is in excess of the $15 limit.   In December at Cagneys, we ordered a nice Sauvignon Blanc that was not available by the glass, but we received the bottle with our voucher.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Yes, but some of the wine on the complimentary list is not available by the glass, or is in excess of the $15 limit.   In December at Cagneys, we ordered a nice Sauvignon Blanc that was not available by the glass, but we received the bottle with our voucher.

All I said was that I could have wine at every meal with the drink package. Outside of that is just arguing something that I never said.

26 minutes ago, Chasing Summer said:

How do you make an online reservation for Moderno without paying $70 when you intend to use a Latitudes voucher? Whenever I try to put that in the card it comes up with the payment.

cancel all of your existing reservations and then make new reservations with moderno as the first restaurant and then rebook all others

Does it only work if you have a Specialty Dining package? I tried Moderno first and then LaCucina second and it still says put in a cc for $141.60. No way to say using Latitudes voucher. In the past I've always had to book once on board but with so many people having the SDP, it's hard to get a reservation then.

16 minutes ago, Chasing Summer said:

Does it only work if you have a Specialty Dining package? I tried Moderno first and then LaCucina second and it still says put in a cc for $141.60. No way to say using Latitudes voucher. In the past I've always had to book once on board but with so many people having the SDP, it's hard to get a reservation then.

Good question.  I’ve never sailed without FAS.  I don’t know how that works.  You may have to call.  

6 minutes ago, Chasing Summer said:

Two times that I have to be somewhere by a specific time is enough for me in a week. 🙂 If I can't make it work, I could make a reservation for ala carte restaurant and see if I can change it onboard. If it doesn't work, I'd still have something.

You can use them in any restauant now, you are not restricted to those printed on the voucher.

1 hour ago, Chasing Summer said:

I believe I was able to do it over the phone with an NCL rep

I did a quick chat on the NCL website and they said I would have to wait until boarding to make Moderno and not be charged. They also said only 25% of reservations are available prior to boarding.  I just made Los Lobos and La Cucina for now. Maybe we'll keep it that way. We been to Moderno many times and Lobos is new for us.

28 minutes ago, travelhound said:

They also said only 25% of reservations are available prior to boarding. 

That's interesting, but inaccurate. On a recent cruise, some restaurants were sold out for the duration of the cruise 30 minutes into embarkation... which would have more than 25% sold pre-cruise. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

For consideration, the 1-1-1 limitation is now in writing for all dining

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

That's interesting, but inaccurate. On a recent cruise, some restaurants were sold out for the duration of the cruise 30 minutes into embarkation... which would have more than 25% sold pre-cruise. 

Haha. That's why I never really believe anything from chats or even calling NCL..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chasing Summer said:

Yes, not having the dining package is the problem. Whilst quite out of date now, the link in my signature covers this bit fairly well.

You are not specifically booking your latitudes meal, so normal

rules apply (you get charged for any job a la carte places that you don’t have credits for).