Ship Tours?

CaptainPanda

Not at the moment.  There is a discussion of them coming back at some point.  I would doubt that they will include either the Engine Room or The Bridge.  They have do a presentation  during the cruise that is a slide show of the various "behind the scenes" areas of the ship.  

3 minutes ago, JesseB said:

I highly doubt they will include the engine room or the bridge (maybe the bridge viewing room)..both areas are secured areas per MARSEC rules....

Engine room is off limits, even walking down i95 I've been told on every tour not to photograph anything. Twice we did tours of the Bridge. Once on the Gem and another on the Dawn

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

Engine room is off limits, even walking down i95 I've been told on every tour not to photograph anything. Twice we did tours of the Bridge. Once on the Gem and another on the Dawn

Were your bridge tours pre 9/11?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Agreed, but a BTS tour may well visit the engine control room. We've been able to do that.  Fascinating.

I doubt it, still in the secure area, but they are pretty cool to see!  Spent a good bit of time in the engine rooms/control rooms of ships in a previous life but I would still do a tour if included them haha

On 1/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, Travelling2Some said:

I had purchased this a few years back as a surprise for my husband on Oasis of the Seas and he loved it - especially since he is in the engineering field.  He's quite bummed that it is still not available on our Bliss sailing later this month in spite of being platinum now. 

Onboard the Joy now and just asked about the BTS tours but no luck.Bu

t they said they are planning bringing them back.

Edited by jeffw67
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 5:07 AM, JesseB said:

I highly doubt they will include the engine room or the bridge (maybe the bridge viewing room)..both areas are secured areas per MARSEC rules....

I was recently on the Discovery Princess where a small group was invited to the bridge. 

Here’s our group on the bridge. 

image.jpeg

Not sure if Princess ships have a viewing room as I have been on a Princess bridge about 6 times. 

Tom😀 

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 8:07 AM, JesseB said:

I've done a number of BTS tours because it's a Platinum perk.  None have been running since COVID.  The ones I did didn't include the engine room or bridge; it was pretty much the MDR galley, laundry, and theatre dressing rooms.  Not even the brig! They used to have another BTS tour which was open to anyone willing to pay but I think that was discontinued pre-COVID.

Edited by phillygwm