CHECK-IN and LUGGAGE TAGS

GeriatricNurse

Are the luggage tags only able to be obtained after the 'Check-In' has been completed/submitted, 21 Days prior to Embarcation?

When I receive notification that my Luggage Tags are available for me to print, how do I locate that option on my NCL Account and be able to print off several copies?

Do I have the option to print the Luggage Tags in Colour?

Thank you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

I print mine in B&W, didn't have an issue getting my bag in March...

I think the only thing the color does is designate which ship it is, so if only one NCL ship in port it's not a big deal.  An the color is spelled out on the tag as well

• Like 1

Newbie with related question here!  Do we attach the luggage tags before we get on the plance, or after we land at the port city? 

It doesn't make sense to me to have to carry a stapler and do it when we grab our luggage before the transfer. But DH thinks it doesn't make sense to attach it before we fly because it might get lost or fall off while the airline deals with our bags.  

• Like 1

Don't expect them to still be attached when you get your bags back in baggage claim if you put them on before you check them for your flight.  I personally would recommend clear packing tape over a stapler if you're not going to use the tag holders recommended above.  We recently started using those and always attach our tags just before we leave for the port. 

As we usually fly in a day or two before, we do it at the hotel.  If flying in the day of departure, then attach them before you get in your port transfer... or even at the port itself. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MyAuntFanny said:

Newbie with related question here!  Do we attach the luggage tags before we get on the plance, or after we land at the port city? 

It doesn't make sense to me to have to carry a stapler and do it when we grab our luggage before the transfer. But DH thinks it doesn't make sense to attach it before we fly because it might get lost or fall off while the airline deals with our bags.  

Put them on at the port. Worse comes to worse porters have blank ones. I've gotten into the habit of using either Tile or Apple Air Tags. They have found my luggage twice on different trips.

• Like 3

@Laszlo  - psssst 😉  Did you accidentally wanted all the CC addicts to know your cabin # next week ?  Redacted the eDocs but your eLuggage tags ??  If not, maybe message a MOD and see if they can "fix" that up for ya.  Did that once myself on the roll call replying to upgrade bidding, LOL.  Have a wonderful cruise ... will be following along, our packing will become real soon. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The luggage tags simply aren't a big deal. 

Put them on before you fly if you want.  If they get torn off in transit, the porters at the pier will have blank ones.

Or, print them out and bring them with you, porters have staplers or other means to attach them at the pier.  

Or, simply do nothing, make sure you know your cabin number and the porters have blank ones.  We've done that on more than a few occasions.

1 hour ago, MyAuntFanny said:

Check Amazon (or other travel gear site if you prefer) for something similar to "Cruise Luggage Tag Holders"...  They are little ziploc pouches that you can put the printed luggage tag into and then they attach to your case using a woven metal cable loop.  You can attach them at home or after your flight and it's all about the same.  Also, if it happens to be raining, you don't have to worry about the text on the tag smearing and becoming illegible.   Best of all, they are quite inexpensive.  I got a pack of 20 for about $12 from Amazon.  That was obviously more than enough for our suitcases.  But best of all, they are totally reusable (and make a neat little gift for friends or family headed on their first cruise).  

1 hour ago, MyAuntFanny said:

There was a link to 'sleeves' for the luggage tags posted earlier in the thread, there are some that attach with metal loops to secure them to the bags.  Keep those in your carry-on and attach them when you grab the bags at baggage claim, no stapler, tape or glue needed...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

There was a link to 'sleeves' for the luggage tags posted earlier in the thread, there are some that attach with metal loops to secure them to the bags.  Keep those in your carry-on and attach them when you grab the bags at baggage claim, no stapler, tape or glue needed...

These work very well.....  https://amzn.to/3X53LoM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

Or cover with packing tape, punch a hole in one end and attach to luggage with a zip tie.  

That's our method too.  No need to bring a stapler.  Or, if you stay in a hotel the night before you embark, just stop by the front desk and ask to borrow a stapler for a minute.

• Like 1

I use the luggage tags from Amazon and put them on when we are on the way to the ship.   if you have hardsided luggage you may be able to  just tape it to the top of your luggage.  Anyone that  has luggage and does not have some kind of tracker to me is being shortsighted.  I had both tile and airtag trackers in our luggage.  Our bags made it to our door for the cruise and no problem with flights we had 3 separate flights on the trip home and our bags made it with no problems.  If I did not have the trackers in place the bags would have gone to  someplace else I can assure you!

8 hours ago, lgdesign said:

Don't expect them to still be attached when you get your bags back in baggage claim if you put them on before you check them for your flight.  I personally would recommend clear packing tape over a stapler if you're not going to use the tag holders recommended above.  We recently started using those and always attach our tags just before we leave for the port. 

As we usually fly in a day or two before, we do it at the hotel.  If flying in the day of departure, then attach them before you get in your port transfer... or even at the port itself. 

Thanks all!  This makes sense.

9 hours ago, JesseB said:

Yeah I always put them on when Im leaving for the port and use the plastic holder things from Amazon...I wouldn't trust them to make it if you put them on before the flight....

Love those plastic holder things!  Use them all the time.   Here's an example of the TYPE of thing I'm referring to.  I put them on once we get off the plane, before going to the pier.  Especially wonderful if you cruise a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-tags-Holders-Steel/dp/B07PKKVQMQ/ref=asc_df_B07PKKVQMQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366338196181&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13696084321548639703&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003347&hvtargid=pla-815224809008&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=76464293935&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366338196181&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13696084321548639703&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003347&hvtargid=pla-815224809008

• Like 1