Using the website version instead of the app

shellprincess

I like cruise critic and I appreciate everyone for sharing their experiences and information over the years.

I didn't really want to fool with the medallion app so I used the website version to set up check in for

our upcoming cruise.  I filled in the info for passports, credit card, emergency contact, airport, etc.

Green check marks and in the green lane.  Made our dining room reservations and ordered our medallions.

Printed out booking summary, travel summary and luggage tags.  Will also bring our passports and vaccine cards with us.

It seemed pretty easy to use the website version.  Am I forgetting something?  Haven't cruised in 4 yrs.  Awhile ago

I read some posts that were reassuring about using the website version if you didn't want to do the app.  Just wondering

if that really is the case?  

Also,  where do you select an arrival group time on the website? 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, shellprincess said:

I like cruise critic and I appreciate everyone for sharing their experiences and information over the years.

I didn't really want to fool with the medallion app so I used the website version to set up check in for

our upcoming cruise.  I filled in the info for passports, credit card, emergency contact, airport, etc.

Green check marks and in the green lane.  Made our dining room reservations and ordered our medallions.

Printed out booking summary, travel summary and luggage tags.  Will also bring our passports and vaccine cards with us.

It seemed pretty easy to use the website version.  Am I forgetting something?  Haven't cruised in 4 yrs.  Awhile ago

I read some posts that were reassuring about using the website version if you didn't want to do the app.  Just wondering

if that really is the case?  

Also,  where do you select an arrival group time on the website? 

It sounds like you did everything on the website version.  Don’t believe the arrival groups are on the website.  But, haven’t tried it.  Have you downloaded the App?

If you download the App on your phone, you will see what you have done already

on the website version. I know if you don’t want to, it’s okay.  You’ll find it looks very similar to the online version.

But the arrival groups are on the downloaded App anywhere from 59 days to about 12 days before sailing.

If you want to try:

APP

Click: Personal information and documents 

Move down to gray bar “Suggested”

Click: Arrivals 

Click on your ship and time you want

Now, if you don’t want to download the App, just go to the port at a time that’s convenient for you and go through the green lane.  The arrival groups usually start at 1100 am.  No big deal.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

One drawback I have noticed with the app is that when I open it, I can't back out of it to another screen without shutting the phone off.

I never use it once I'm on the ship.

I switched out of the app all the time and never had a problem. With an Android, just swipe up from the bottom to get to the home page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

One drawback I have noticed with the app is that when I open it, I can't back out of it to another screen without shutting the phone off.

Weird. I have no issues in that way. Actually, I don't really have much in the way of issues with the app at all anymore. It "mostly" just works for me.

• Like 1

I have a main problem with the APP...I checked in and all was in my Iphone 13 Wallet but then I changed my ONLINE PC LAPTOP for Celebrity password and all hell broke loose.
I am NOW waiting for IT dept to fix this issue and told it wud take a week.
SO NOW my wallet has my checkin -greyed out and I am being told to keep trying.

I am NOT taking a PC on vacation.   So this needs to be done probably at the port.  NO idea and the IT dept is so screwed up.

Andrea and Shelly 

S FL

I'm still waiting for the IT dept to get back to me as the APP sucks.

It works part time and part time it doesn't.

Have no idea how i will find husband if the APP isn't working..

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx

Andrea and Shelly

S FL

10 minutes ago, traveller said:

I have a main problem with the APP...I checked in and all was in my Iphone 13 Wallet but then I changed my ONLINE PC LAPTOP for Celebrity password and all hell broke loose.
I am NOW waiting for IT dept to fix this issue and told it wud take a week.
SO NOW my wallet has my checkin -greyed out and I am being told to keep trying.

I am NOT taking a PC on vacation.   So this needs to be done probably at the port.  NO idea and the IT dept is so screwed up.

Andrea and Shelly 

S FL

I thought the iPhone 13 had a web browser.

Login page for the cruise personalizer:

https://www.princess.com/my-princess/login/

Login page for the web Medallion App:
https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com

4 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I've found that the app does very strange things on older versions of Android. I wish Princess would give us a compatibility list.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It sounds like you did everything on the website version.  Don’t believe the arrival groups are on the website.  But, haven’t tried it.  Have you downloaded the App?

If you download the App on your phone, you will see what you have done already

on the website version. I know if you don’t want to, it’s okay.  You’ll find it looks very similar to the online version.

But the arrival groups are on the downloaded App anywhere from 59 days to about 12 days before sailing.

If you want to try:

APP

Click: Personal information and documents 

Move down to gray bar “Suggested”

Click: Arrivals 

Click on your ship and time you want

Now, if you don’t want to download the App, just go to the port at a time that’s convenient for you and go through the green lane.  The arrival groups usually start at 1100 am.  No big deal.

26 minutes ago, traveller said:

sorry but your info above only works for PRINCESS=but thx

I'm using an Iphone 13 mini and the APP is messed up.

I have a wifi pkg for on ship so the APP needs to be fixed.

IT at celebrity sucks but I was told it cud be fixed at check in.

Im using cell to check emails , and to text family members in an emergency.

Iphone MUCH harder to use than Android.

11 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I've found that the app does very strange things on older versions of Android. I wish Princess would give us a compatibility list.

I have found that as long as you are running android 8.0 it runs fairly consistently, as long as you have enough memory, cpu, and good internet connection. Problem is that many older phone  may not have enough available memory or are running slow cpus. The app is a resource hog and if the phone is resource limited it will act inconsistently.

6 hours ago, traveller said:

I'm using an Iphone 13 mini and the APP is messed up.

I have a wifi pkg for on ship so the APP needs to be fixed.

IT at celebrity sucks but I was told it cud be fixed at check in.

Im using cell to check emails , and to text family members in an emergency.

Iphone MUCH harder to use than Android.

Are you looking for a Celebrity App thread?

13 hours ago, ldtr said:

I have found that as long as you are running android 8.0 it runs fairly consistently, as long as you have enough memory, cpu, and good internet connection. Problem is that many older phone  may not have enough available memory or are running slow cpus. The app is a resource hog and if the phone is resource limited it will act inconsistently.

Totally agree with this assessment. Of course it's idiotic that someone should "need" to buy a new and expensive phone/device just for this one app. The thing didn't have to be such a pig when it comes resource usage. It seems to have been coded by people who have no respect for anybody who doesn't have (or want/need) the most up to date (and expensive) devices. I'm not a coder but I don't believe this sort of hardware requirement was necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Totally agree with this assessment. Of course it's idiotic that someone should "need" to buy a new and expensive phone/device just for this one app. The thing didn't have to be such a pig when it comes resource usage. It seems to have been coded by people who have no respect for anybody who doesn't have (or want/need) the most up to date (and expensive) devices. I'm not a coder but I don't believe this sort of hardware requirement was necessary.

But John Padgett is very proud of it. And those even higher up thought enough of it to promote him after he came up with this version.

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Have you tried dating web sites?  😂 😍

I think they were referring to the shipmate feature on the App.  😂

I have never had a problem with the shipmate feature!  The App has worked very well for me OB.  Well, mostly!  😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think they were referring to the shipmate feature on the App.  😂

I have never had a problem with the shipmate feature!  The App has worked very well for me OB.  Well, mostly!  😁

The "locate a shipmate" feature works quite well and has been extremely helpful to me on the two cruises we took last year. It's one of the best features of the app.