Check in while on B2B..

lasekeye

You still have to check in.  You can do it at home before you leave for your first cruise (assuming your first cruise is less than 14 days).

I am not sure whether Guest Services can do this for you or not.  It's probably easier just to do it yourself.  You will need to enter all of your information again, just as if it was a stand alone cruise.

• Like 2

Is this for the 2nd leg of the B2B?  Anyway you should already have checked in at home, and then towards the end of your cruise, you should get a letter in your cabin explaining the process.  If you don't get one with 2-3 days, i would go to guest services and talk to them and they can tell you what to do.

Definitely check in before the first sailing begins.

Otherwise, you would need to purchase the internet

to check in while on board. I don’t think guest services can do that.

like PP said, you will get instructions on the process between sailings.

many do this, and they have it down like clockwork.

I haven't been a cruise for 6 years.  But I thought before there were computers onboard where you could access the Carnival website without having to purchase internet.  You could book cruises online there too.  I am not talking about the future cruise desk.  Is that not the case anymore?  

If not I will have to make sure I have internet at my hotel in Rome since we will be going on a B2B, but spending 4 days in Rome before.  Our first cruise is 9 days.  Counting travel time to Rome, time in Rome, and the first cruise I think I won't be able to do that before I leave home.  Also I do not have a phone that I will be able to get cell phone service while in Europe.

3 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I haven't been a cruise for 6 years.  But I thought before there were computers onboard where you could access the Carnival website without having to purchase internet.  You could book cruises online there too.  I am not talking about the future cruise desk.  Is that not the case anymore?  

If not I will have to make sure I have internet at my hotel in Rome since we will be going on a B2B, but spending 4 days in Rome before.  Our first cruise is 9 days.  Counting travel time to Rome, time in Rome, and the first cruise I think I won't be able to do that before I leave home.  Also I do not have a phone that I will be able to get cell phone service while in Europe.

If your first cruise is in 9 days, can't you check in for both cruises now?

6 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I do not have a phone that I will be able to get cell phone service while in Europe.

I presume the hotel will have WiFi available for its guests, or you'll otherwise be able to find some place that offers WiFi in Rome. You could connect your phone to the WiFi and be able to check in for the second cruise.

You do not need to have a printed boarding pass for the second cruise, in our experience. You could always download a screenshot of the boarding pass to your phone if you wanted to have it just in case.

12 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If your first cruise is in 9 days, can't you check in for both cruises now?

I am not saying my first cruise is in 9 days.  My cruises are in September and October.  My first cruise is 9 days in length.  We are flying to Rome.  We leave 1 day and arrive the next day on our flight. We will be in Rome for 4 days prior to the cruise.  Because of the time difference, when we leave home it will be 15 or 16 days days before sailing.  I see my hotel has internet so I should be able to check in from mu hotel on my phone using their internet. 

I'll have to figure out what time it is in Rome when it is check in time on the Carnival site (which I assume is Eastern time). I guess I won't have to be up in the middle of night, since Rome is several hours ahead of the US Eastern time.  It looks a 6 hour difference, so that would make it an early morning.

3 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I am not saying my first cruise is in 9 days.  My cruises are in September and October.  My first cruise is 9 days in length.  We are flying to Rome.  We leave 1 day and arrive the next day on our flight. We will be in Rome for 4 days prior to the cruise.  Because of the time difference, when we leave home it will be 15 or 16 days days before sailing.  I see my hotel has internet so I should be able to check in from mu hotel on my phone using their internet. 

I'll have to figure out what time it is in Rome when it is check in time on the Carnival site (which I assume is Eastern time). I guess I won't have to be up in the middle of night, since Rome is several hours ahead of the US Eastern time.  It looks a 6 hour difference, so that would make it an early morning.

That makes more sense.