CPS (cruise parking) Southampton price increases wef 11Jan23? +40%?

RaspberryCremeBrulee

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes they do.  Try here.  Bolette sails from southampton and you can book https://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/Order/Create

4 minutes ago, tring said:

I do not see anything about Fred mentioned on that link.

On next page it mentions Fred at Dover and Liverpool but not at Southampton 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes they do.  Try here.  Bolette sails from southampton and you can book https://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/Order/Create

This is the link for ABP Southampton and it shows which cruise lines they deal with, CPS service different cruise lines, but not necessarily all on a complimentary basis like Carnival do.

Edited by tring

4 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

On next page it mentions Fred at Dover and Liverpool but not at Southampton 

Exactly, as I said they do not use them from Southampton, which is what Jean said.

Edited by tring

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Try Create a booking.  Regular quote

You have to choose one of the cruise companies in the list for Southampton and Fred is not there to click on the Southampton list, only under Liverpool.  There are different lists for different ports.

This is the page from Fred's website which points people in the direction of where they can book port parking in various ports.  That is just to allow people to book the parking themselves, Fred do not have a contract to pay for any parking - that is not a "perk" he uses:-

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/faqs/managing-my-booking/where-can-i-park-my-car-at-the-port

Edited by tring

7 minutes ago, tring said:

You have to choose one of the cruise companies in the list for Southampton and Fred is not there to click on the Southampton list, only under Liverpool.  There are different lists for different ports.

This is the page from Fred's website which points people in the direction of where they can book port parking in various ports.  That is just to allow people to book the parking themselves, Fred do not have a contract to pay for any parking - that is not a "perk" he uses:-

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/faqs/managing-my-booking/where-can-i-park-my-car-at-the-port

Yes, as I said, apologies.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, as I said, apologies.

No need to apologise, just a bit of confusion.  clarity can never be obtained unless something is discussed.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

don't think Fred Olsen are anything to do with Carnival and they supply them?

No but when they use Mayflower or QE2, they presumably have to pay Carnival a fee, as they manage these terminals and ABP, Fred's normal City terminal parking operator,  do not offer parking for the Carnival terminals.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

No but when they use Mayflower or QE2, they presumably have to pay Carnival a fee, as they manage these terminals and ABP, Fred's normal City terminal parking operator,  do not offer parking for the Carnival terminals.

I have never known Fred use Ocean or QE2 terminals, in fact they only sometimes have one ship, sailing out of Southampton, often none in the summer, as has different bases for his ships.  I have known him use Mayflower, about and the original 102 about 7 years back, before the new, big terminal was built at 102.  We would not sail our of Southampton if an alternative and have not sailed with Fred from there since, so no idea what terminal he is using now.

ABP are Associated British Ports, who afaik own the Southampton ports and as I said do the Southampton parking for Fred and some other cruise lines as shown on the links above.  They do not have a presence in Liverpool as that port is owned by Peel Port Holdings, but CPS run the car park which services there.

Ships sometimes start at one terminal and return to another, but the same parking operator will do parking for those passengers.  Of course P4C also have parking facilities in the docks, so presumably contract those facilities from ABP. 

Edited by tring

12 hours ago, tring said:

Of course P4C also have parking facilities in the docks, so presumably contract those facilities from ABP. 

P4C do not have parking facilities within the dock area at Southampton. They pick up and drop your car off from short stay car parks at terminals. They take your car out of the dock area and park east of Ocean Terminal on an industrial estate a short drive away.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tring said:

I have never known Fred use Ocean or QE2 terminals

We've sailed from on FOCLs from the QE2 terminal and currently the company give clients instructions on how to get there. Details from the FOCL site...

"Travelling to Southampton

If you are travelling to Southampton by car and wish to use SatNav, please use the following postcode: Southampton QE2 Terminal: SO14 3GG"