Drink package and tips

lucky1ns

11 minutes ago, lucky1ns said:

Will there be a separate bill at the end for the tips added to drink purchases with the drink package?

Not unless you are presented with a $0.00 bill and you decide to add a tip.  As was said, gratuities were included when you purchased the drink package but many of us give the server/bartender a cash tip or add a tip to the payment slip when served.

1 hour ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Got the deluxe beverage package for my first time. Is there a receipt to sign after  each transaction? Also, can you carry a bottle of beer over to Sorrentos to have with pizza, or does it need to stay at the bar?

Nope.

3 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Got the deluxe beverage package for my first time. Is there a receipt to sign after  each transaction? Also, can you carry a bottle of beer over to Sorrentos to have with pizza, or does it need to stay at the bar?

No, you do not need to sign for a drink if it within the package...if it exceeds the price limit you would have to then sign for the difference. You can carry drinks wherever you want...they won't actually give you a bottle but will pour it into a glass. Alternatively you can bring the pizza to where you are sitting.

1 hour ago, Motor City said:

first time having the bevie package, what is the standard cash tip per drink?

There is no standard if you have a package since you already paid for tips when purchased.  It’s up to you if you want to give an additional cash tip but there is no expectation that there will be a tip and most people with the package do not tip extra per drink. 

If a bartender goes above and beyond, I will tip an extra $1 or $2 but not on every drink.  At the end of the cruise, I usually tip a couple of bartenders $20 each if they were my go to bartenders.  

Because I have a special place in my heart for  MOST of the crew on a cruise ship, when I get a drink I always try to make sure the server gets at least a total of 20%, which means I always leave an extra tip.  However, it is never less than a buck, I usually try to get a couple hundred dollars in 2 dollar bills before I cruise, so often the minimum of a buck is actually $2.00 and above by 2s.  Only exception are bad servers.  By bad, I mean, unfriendly, uncaring, unwhatever.  I don't necessarily consider speed, especially if the venue is busy.  But, as I said, 20% + is my desired goal.  I consider tip cash as disposable money for the hard working crew. 

image.thumb.png.0cd65afc5ad17b2e6ba238e11c80df6f.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Can you use the drink package at specialty restaurants without buying their food? I see Wonderland, Playmakers, Izumi have their own unique drinks, plus there’s Giovanni’s wine bar. 

Yes.  (yes to Wonderland, Playmakers, not positive about Izumi)