Balcony partitions between cabins-can they be opened?

NC Fred

On Reflection in November and room attendant opened balcony immediately upon request.  Did not even have to get tool, assume had whatever is needed ready in his pocket.

Edited by odysee
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2023 at 3:00 AM, MarkusToe said:

By the way, what kind of key are they using?

3 or 4 side 

Sorry to miss this - the stateroom attendant used a large pair of scissors to open and close. I think it was a four sided bit. They ultimately relented and allowed them open in port for us. Others on decks below us were allowed to keep theirs open at sea, however. 

4 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

Sorry to miss this - the stateroom attendant used a large pair of scissors to open and close. I think it was a four sided bit. They ultimately relented and allowed them open in port for us. Others on decks below us were allowed to keep theirs open at sea, however. 

We always have been able to open the partition when friends or family members had an adjoining cabin. We have them opened at the start of the cruise and keep them open for the whole cruise.

26 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We always have been able to open the partition when friends or family members had an adjoining cabin. We have them opened at the start of the cruise and keep them open for the whole cruise.

Yes - us too and that's what Celebrity had advised and why we booked these. Unfortunately it is up to management's discretion and at the end of March, Equinox didn't feel like doing it. The stateroom attendant told us the front connecting foyer-type doors were "only for people with babies" but we did that anyway to have a bit more of a private area, less hallway noise, and be able to go between the cabins. 

Management claimed it applied to everyone but had no explanation when they saw other sections had theirs open. Obviously on the ABC cruise, we weren't terribly interested in having them open in port as much as when at sea. We had a couple nice sailaways together, at least. 

Sorry I never got back on this question. The cabin steward couldn’t open the partitions and said the safety officers new rules. We went down the GuestRelations. They said it was a new rule fleetwide. We explained that wasn’t the case when we booked the rooms and we have been traveling on S class ships for a number of years expressly because we could open the balcony. She said they would have to contact the staff captain and I guess he approved because they opened the balconies.

1 hour ago, mom23guys said:

Sorry I never got back on this question. The cabin steward couldn’t open the partitions and said the safety officers new rules. We went down the GuestRelations. They said it was a new rule fleetwide. We explained that wasn’t the case when we booked the rooms and we have been traveling on S class ships for a number of years expressly because we could open the balcony. She said they would have to contact the staff captain and I guess he approved because they opened the balconies.

We were on the Equinox this month in a Sky Suite and had no problems having our butler open the partition between our cabin and our friends next door.