Next Cruise deposit question

niugrads

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

NextCruise deposit isn't affected by cruise length, so still $100 pp for a non-suite.

That is not correct.  There are three durations and three category types that effect the amount of OBC you receive. 

759016331_ScreenShot2023-01-13at9_01_12AM.thumb.png.c3c34d0e1d28a661bc19347b9a418a15.png

Edited by Tree_skier

I went to RCI FAQ about next cruise.

Next Cruise Booking Website Terms and Conditions | Royal Caribbean Cruises

I am not saying @smokeybanditis not correct because I cannot find any information about this line in the contract verbage:

Second, pay the deposit amount (the “Deposit”) required for that booking. Deposits range between $100 - $450 per person depending on the length of voyage you select

I did a Next Cruise for a 9-day non-suite last September and it was like he stated, $100 pp.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

This is the only thing in the NextCruise flyer about a different deposit amount:

Additional deposits may be required when you select your ship and sail date depending on the type of stateroom/suite selected and number of passengers

Yes, I saw that they would charge $200 pp for a suite. I was not sure where the $450 amount was coming from. 🤔

Also, to the OP.  If you are not sure of a specific sail, you could get a next cruise certificate and book later.  You have 2 months to convert to an actual sail to earn the OBC.  Deposit is $200 per cabin.  If you do not book an actual sail within a year the deposit is forfeited.

On the topic of NextCruise, deposits, and OBC:  I will be booking my 2024 solo balcony cabin during my trip next week.  

Deposit:  I'll be paying $100

OBC:  Will I get $100 or $200?

My big concern:  Current fare for the 2024 cruise is > $3500, final fare after price drops for my 2023 cruise is <$1500.  I'm expecting at least a $1500 price drop during the coming year. 

Will that OBC go away when I reprice? 

The OBC is per cabin, not per person, so you should get whatever amount corresponds to your cruise length and cabin type.

I have repriced Next Cruise bookings a couple of times and the OBC was not affected.

• Like 1

Thank-you -- Much.  (and if the price drop never happens, that means the ship is filling up and folks are enthusiasticly cruising again.  That's a good thing.  At only $100 I won't have too many misgivings about passing it up.)

6 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Thank-you -- Much.  (and if the price drop never happens, that means the ship is filling up and folks are enthusiasticly cruising again.  That's a good thing.  At only $100 I won't have too many misgivings about passing it up.)

My philosophy exactly. And our Anthem cruise was not one of the ones I repriced. On the contrary, it just went up and up and up!

3 minutes ago, gmerick said:

You only gamble $100 pp if no sail.

If 10 nights or more, you will get $200 for a balcony cabin.  In addition, if a Royal shareholder you can apply for an add'l $100 of OBC.

Been researching the same thing, the credit varies greatly by where you book.  We are not in the $600 category, more like $100 which isn't a big motivator.  It also seems to say that you have to pick that cruise within 2 months or lose the credit, just leaving a reduced deposit which is "nice". 

In your case, if you wait, the cabin selection might be reduced by April especially if its a popular destination.  And the reduced deposit wouldn't help you much since your final payment would be due soon.

Most people do not know this but you can book next cruise certificates on board that are refundable.  The sweet spot is the 7 night balcony sailings.  Instead of getting $100 OBC you get $75 OBC and its refundable.  This works well for those transferring to a TA who has lower group rates.   You get the extra $75 OBC and get to keep the booking refundable, transfer it to your TA, get the group OBC and the lower rate.  The only thing you do not get is a reduced deposit which if you were moving it into the group for a lower rate you would have to increase the deposit anyway as group bookings must have a full deposit not the reduced deposit.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Most people do not know this but you can book next cruise certificates on board that are refundable.  The sweet spot is the 7 night balcony sailings.  Instead of getting $100 OBC you get $75 OBC and it’s refundable.  This works well for those transferring to a TA who has lower group rates.   You get the extra $75 OBC and get to keep the booking refundable, transfer it to your TA, get the group OBC and the lower rate.  The only thing you do not get is a reduced deposit which if you were moving it into the group for a lower rate you would have to increase the deposit anyway as group bookings must have a full deposit not the reduced deposit.

So if I’m understanding this correctly you can buy a refundable NextCruise certificate for $200 onboard the ship and when ready to to book you pay the difference in deposit and you get a refundable booking? If you cancel do you get the original $200 back?

That’s great information if so!

6 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

So if I’m understanding this correctly you can buy a refundable NextCruise certificate for $200 onboard the ship and when ready to to book you pay the difference in deposit and you get a refundable booking? If you cancel do you get the original $200 back?

Not quite.  You have to book an actual sailing on board and pay full deposit.  You can't book a refundable choose later as far as I know. 

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not quite.  You have to book an actual sailing on board and pay full deposit.  You can't book a refundable choose later as far as I know. 

Ok, they makes more sense! We usually book one onboard then get a certificate so we can book another or give it to family.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Book Later certs are NRD.  It's right in the T&Cs.  They can't be converted to refundable. 

To book refundable onboard visit NextCruise but you may not like the reduced OBC, refundable cruise prices for refundable along with standard deposits.