Reporting from on the Rotterdam January 14 through February 25

iflyrc5

We boarded the Rotterdam in FLL this morning and will be on through February 25.  Sunny and 58 degrees with a strong wind out of the northwest.  The ship is in great shape and everything is looking good so far.  We arrived at terminal 19 at 1125 and were in our cabin 1145.  No waiting at all just a little slow moving lines.  We pulled lines right at scheduled departure at 3:00pm and were the first ship to leave Port Everglades today.   We don't gamble and don't frequent the bars that often but I will try and answer any questions you may have about the ship.  So far so good - we feel like we are back home and looking forward to 42 great days on a DAM ship.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Ooohh! Will you be able to post the Daily Programs?  My father will be travelling with DH and I, but because of health issues, Dad will be staying on board in ports.  He's like to see what's available on board.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!

L.

Edited by leerathje

Thank you for this thread!  We’ll be boarding as you depart Feb 25. As a party of 8, hoping all the family’s flights will connect us together in Ft Lauderdale!  DH and I will drive from Maryland. 

We are most interested in, and somewhat distressed about, Lincoln Center Stage and changes being made. It will be what it will be, but if you can update us on what Rotterdam is doing, at least we’ll be prepared. 

Also interested in MDR noise - haven’t been on Rotterdam but K’dam was pretty difficult in 2018. 

42 days in the Caribbean sounds excellent!  Bon Voyage! 
Maureen 

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

We are most interested in, and somewhat distressed about, Lincoln Center Stage and changes being made. It will be what it will be, but if you can update us on what Rotterdam is doing, at least we’ll be prepared. 

Also interested in MDR noise - haven’t been on Rotterdam but K’dam was pretty difficult in 2018. 

Maureen 

On the Pinnacle ships the LCS folks and the BB Kings folks share the venue. You can see from my Daily program postings the LCS has 3 sets in the late afternoon/early evening and then it converts to the BB King lounge for the late evening.  If this changes over the next 6 weeks I will post something

We ate in the Tamarind tonight so can not yet comment on the noise in the MDR yet but I agree on the Koningsdam the noise level was very high.  It will be interesting to see if that has been corrected on the Rotterdam.

58 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@iflyrc5 I thought today was supposed to be a sea day.  Why has the schedule been changed to HMC?  I have some private tours planned 2/4-15 and am concerned about port order being rearranged.  Thank you for your posts.

The order of the ports is different for the Jan 14 cruise than for the Feb 4th.  Feb 5th and 6th are sea day.  For this cruise Jan 15 is HMC although it is 68 degrees and 20 mph winds so will probably not go ashore and tomorrow is a sea day.

Thank you for the Daily and further info on LCS. We are encouraged!  Hoping they stay aboard for us. 

In Dec we were on Eurodam 11 nighter Caribbean/Panama Canal. We stayed aboard at most ports, great to have the ship to “ourselves”.  Enjoy!  m—

We have been on Rotterdam since Dec 11th. Disembark on Jan 25th.

The MDR is IMO quieter on the 3rd floor. The food for the most part is nicely done.

The Tamarind out of 4 nights, 1 was disappointing. Crispy duck.. Wasn't.. Live the spicy tuna roll you can order from Nami Sushi.

Rudi's: all 4 dinners were wonderful. I love the Dover Sole! 

Pinnacle Grill: Of course mushroom soup. Loved the lamb chops and filet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We have been on Rotterdam since Dec 11th. Disembark on Jan 25th.

The MDR is IMO quieter on the 3rd floor. The food for the most part is nicely done.

The Tamarind out of 4 nights, 1 was disappointing. Crispy duck.. Wasn't.. Live the spicy tuna roll you can order from Nami Sushi.

Rudi's: all 4 dinners were wonderful. I love the Dover Sole! 

Pinnacle Grill: Of course mushroom soup. Loved the lamb chops and filet.

Thanks for the report.  Sorry, we'll miss you we board on January 25.

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I didn't think they were having any meet and greets, I must have missed it.  But yes, that's my name.  😃

This is where we are meeting on the 4th.

we are meeting at sailaway  near the aft pool, port side.  Probably gather around 2:30-2:40.

Today we were at HMC - the temperature at 9am was 68 with a 20 mph wind so we decided to stay on the ship and from the crowd on board it looked like probably half the guests did the same.  The sea view pool area was also very empty because of temperature and wind.  They are showing the NFL playoff games on the TVs in the cabins and the 1pm and 8 pm games were on the big screen at the lido pool.

One thing I noticed today at the Dive in today was that they had premade Highdive burgers and fries available for pickup without ordering.  Also in the gym they have a bottle filling station for water bottles.  My wife was talking to another guest today and guest services is not charging $2 for the sea calm pills that have always been free in the past and as recently as November on the NA.

Tonight at 7pm at the lido pool was the Captains welcome toast and wine was available for free.  Also the 4 and 5 star Mariners reception that is often held on embarkation day is scheduled for tomorrow (first sea day) at 7pm at the lido pool area.

Here is the daily program for Monday, Jan 16.  

DSCN3649.JPG

DSCN3650.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This evening at 7pm at the Lido Pool the ship had a reception for all 3/4/5 Star Mariners with red/white wine and sparkling wine with all the officers in attendance and mingling with the guests.  Very nice event that lasted about 45 minutes.

Here is the program for Jan 17 - St Thomas 

DSCN3653.JPG

DSCN3654.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1