Bluetooth TVs

Cruise NH

Why do you want bluetooth connectivity?

If you are looking for access to movies you will find that the Koningsdam provides a varied and numerous range of on demand movies on your cabin TV, even some recent releases.

5 hours ago, Nang said:

Why do you want bluetooth connectivity?

If you are looking for access to movies you will find that the Koningsdam provides a varied and numerous range of on demand movies on your cabin TV, even some recent releases.

Why?  So my husband can watch stupid cable news with his earphones and I don’t have to listen, that’s why.

Sorry to hear it’s not available.  I considered using a Bluetooth dongle but I don’t know if we’ll be able to reach back to the jack, the tv is so close to the wall.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Sorry to hear it’s not available.  I considered using a Bluetooth dongle but I don’t know if we’ll be able to reach back to the jack, the tv is so close to the wall.

I haven't tried it on a HAL ship, but the AirFly BT connector is pretty small. If the TV has a headphone jack I bet it would work.

58 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Why?  So my husband can watch stupid cable news with his earphones and I don’t have to listen, that’s why.

Most TV connections on not physically accessible.    You may be in a cabin where you can connect to one, but then you will discover it is not activated.   It may be possible to bring a universal remote and activate the port, but I have never heard of anyone being successful getting this to work in the last few years.   

As others have said, the ports on HAL TVs are generally inaccessible, and the remote they provde doesn't allow you to get to any TV settings that could enable Bluetooth audio even if the TV supports it.

My lovely wife uses wireless headsets to watch TV.  The transmitter plugs in to either the headphone jack or (with my patch cables) RCA audio out jacks on the TV.

Prior to about three years ago, I could sometimes get to the headphone jack on HAL TVs by using an L-adapter on the cable to squeeze behind the TV. Since HAL transitioned to TVs that are recessed into the walls, I can't even get a dental mirror back there to see if there is a headphone jack.

Since she mostly watches MSNBC, the solution we found was to buy the Internet package and stream it on her laptop. Her headsets work fine on the laptop.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

I think the OP was asking about accessing the headphone jack (if the TVs have one). If it's accessible, you can plug in a BT transmitter and use wireless BT headphones. They make transmitters you can use on airplanes that have a seatback video monitor. I use Airfly and it works well. 

On 1/24/2023 at 12:50 PM, CruiserN1 said:

I think the OP was asking about accessing the headphone jack (if the TVs have one). If it's accessible, you can plug in a BT transmitter and use wireless BT headphones. They make transmitters you can use on airplanes that have a seatback video monitor. I use Airfly and it works well. 

How would the OP direct TV audio to the USB port into which he/she inserts the Bluetooth dongle? That would be great if it can be done.

Edited by IPB4IGO

On 1/25/2023 at 4:29 PM, IPB4IGO said:

How would the OP direct TV audio to the USB port into which he/she inserts the Bluetooth dongle? That would be great if it can be done.

The Bluetooth dongle would be plugged into the headphone jack, if there is one (and if it's not disabled).

Well for a few bucks we bought a 6 foot extension for his corded earphones with hopes I can squeeze my hand back there and that the jack actually works.  If the internet is good he can stream the channels but I’m not holding my breath.  If we can get him msnbc or cnn he’ll be good.

On 1/25/2023 at 3:29 PM, IPB4IGO said:

Airfly (and others) makes a BT connector that plugs into a headphone jack and transmits the audio to BT headphones paired with it.

On 1/24/2023 at 10:13 AM, Cruise NH said:

Right there with you, Cruise NH. 🤣

Edited by Jananza

Besides the dongle and cables, you would need a programable universal remote to change the input to that port.  You need the manufacturer and model number of the TV to do that.  Many universal remotes can scan your TV so it can automatically find the correct TV remote settings. If found, you then have a remote that has an input button to change the input.