Do I need to sign anything at the end of my meals?

BeachNBooks

We'll be cruising on the Mardi Gras in a few months, and it's my first cruise (not counting one back in the 80's). If we go to the MDR for dinner, do we need to sign for the meal at the end of it? When I've stayed at all inclusive resorts, the answer to this question has always been "yes" - even if you aren't paying for the meal, you still have to sign for it. So I'm wondering if it's the same thing on cruises. 

27 minutes ago, iria64 said:

The only thing you would need to sign for is drinks.  Even if you have the Cheers/soda package they still bring a receipt for you to sign.

I would then assume that if you ordered, say, an extra entrée (a $5 upcharge if you've already had 2), you would then have to sign a receipt? Or as in my case where I am sailing on the Paradise which has not specialty restaurants, if I were to order from the STEAKHOUSE menu, this also would generate a receipt to be signed?
I learned to SAVE all receipts throughout my cruise to compare to the final invoice. 😉

15 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

I would then assume that if you ordered, say, an extra entrée (a $5 upcharge if you've already had 2), you would then have to sign a receipt? Or as in my case where I am sailing on the Paradise which has not specialty restaurants, if I were to order from the STEAKHOUSE menu, this also would generate a receipt to be signed?
I learned to SAVE all receipts throughout my cruise to compare to the final invoice. 😉

That is correct, anything that incurs a fee you would sign for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, keywest1 said:

They generally take your Sail and Sign Card number when you request an extra cost item and have the receipt ready to sign when they bring your requested item to you.  No need to wait for receipt at end of meal.

And once they have it they won't ask for it again, so if you aren't aware that you are ordering something with an extra fee you might be surprised since they didn't ask for your card.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 11:37 AM, BarbieGee said:

You are correct, For any upcharge they will ask for a card and bring a receipt to sign

• Thanks 1