Disembarkation times from Mariner / Port Canaveral

It's been a few years since the last sailing, so I need a bit of a refresher course. We will not be doing self-assist (too much baggage for us seniors to struggle with). Are we given a time early enough to meet up with an arranged time (9:30, for example) for reserved transportation back to MCO?

12 minutes ago, jalves said:

You should have no problem getting off the ship by then.  Of course the standard disclaimers apply - depends on actual ship arrival time, etc. 

Years ago, we were assigned a time and everyone with that same time gathered in the theater and waited for an announcement. Is this still how it's done?

Yes, that's pretty much how it's done.  The day before the cruise ends there will be numbered luggage tags left in your room.  When the ship is cleared the first people allowed off are those that are carrying their own luggage off.  After that, the suite guests followed by groups of the luggage tags.  

2 hours ago, jalves said:

Yes, that's pretty much how it's done.  The day before the cruise ends there will be numbered luggage tags left in your room.  When the ship is cleared the first people allowed off are those that are carrying their own luggage off.  After that, the suite guests followed by groups of the luggage tags.  

Do these numbered luggage tags have assigned times to exit? That makes it difficult to book a reservation with a private shuttle company for pick up. 

6 minutes ago, VegasVic14 said:

Do these numbered luggage tags have assigned times to exit? That makes it difficult to book a reservation with a private shuttle company for pick up. 

You will get a list of departure times based on luggage tags the night before you arrive at PC.

Recent cruises on Mariner we have tried to be near the last of since a family member picks us up. It is usually between 9 and 930. 

This is from our July 2022 Mariner cruise.  I doubt things have changed, but any way...

We were never asked for transportation plans (or we missed it).  I thought they did that to assess who needs to be off early vs who can wait.

The night before disembarkation we got our luggage tags.  The time we were assigned was like 7a.  I went down to GS (we had four teenagers with us and our flight out wasn't until 5p, so there was definitely no rush) and they easily changed us to the 8-8;15 group.  

When we woke up the next morning (around 600) we were already docked.   I texted our driver (we had already arranged a pickup) with what time we were supposed to be off the ship.  He replied that he won't be able to get to the port until 9:30.

We were off the ship, collected luggage, through customs/immigration by 8:25 (as per the time stamp when I let our driver know we were ready).  I think he showed up around 9;45.  There were some benches just outside that we sat and waited at.  

18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just a FYI. The tag time is meant to mean you should not try to leave before your time, it is done so that your luggage will be out in the terminal. You can leave as late as you want until they call all tags  and run everyone out. 

This is very helpful to know. Thanks, and Happy Sailing.

4 minutes ago, noshoobie said:

What is the latest time you can get off of the ship? Our hotel check in is not until 3pm so we would rather stay on the ship as late as we can.

Latest time is usually 9:30, 9:45. They want the ship empty by 10, and boarding sometimes starts at 10:30 or 11.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, noshoobie said:

What is the latest time you can get off of the ship? Our hotel check in is not until 3pm so we would rather stay on the ship as late as we can.

There is really nothing to do on the ship after breakfast.  Bars are closed, pools are closed, everything is shut down.  Contact your hotel and see if you can store the bags there and go to the beach or something.

54 minutes ago, noshoobie said:

9am or so.   Remember the new passengers come on around 11. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

We were on Mariner last week.  We used the app earlier in the week to tell them when we wanted to disembark.  

We rented a car and knew we couldn't check into our Orlando hotel until 4pm.  We enjoyed several hours at Brevard Zoo in Melbourne.  It was a great way to pass the time.  

• Like 1