ROOM SERVICE FEE

TOURMAN857

8 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

We too cruise in Aqua, but mostly because of Blu. Due to pricing, Oceania which we cruised over the holidays) is rapidly becoming a viable alternative. The food is truly awesome every day and there are no up charges for specialty venues. 

Free room service with shrimp cocktails, steak etc. Plus unlimited steak and lobster everyday at pool.

15 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Where is this stated? The app shows three Room Services, Room Service, Aqua Class room service and Suites room service, not a Concierge class room service listed. 

Also nothing about any expanded room service for Concierge on the Celebrity website, see below:

image.thumb.png.d0accb040d8d72a4c899ed3e9c2a8c87.png

We cruised Celebrity Solstice last Oct, 2022, RT Los Angeles, Mexico itinerary. We were in Concierge cabin and had a free expanded RS menu. This was before Jan 1, 2023 changes. We are traveling Celebrity Eclipse in March to New Zealand in a C2. I have read that some RS changes have not materialized on this itinerary. However, I am certain that any new RS charges will not affect our normal behavior while cruising.

5 hours ago, CU64 said:

We cruised Celebrity Solstice last Oct, 2022, RT Los Angeles, Mexico itinerary. We were in Concierge cabin and had a free expanded RS menu. This was before Jan 1, 2023 changes. We are traveling Celebrity Eclipse in March to New Zealand in a C2. I have read that some RS changes have not materialized on this itinerary. However, I am certain that any new RS charges will not affect our normal behavior while cruising.

FYI The wording used on Celebrity description of “services for concierge cabin”…..is ENHANCED RS breakfast menu.

15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Concierge class rooms tend to be in "better" locations (higher decks) which can justify some of the price difference.

They are also larger on M Class ships

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 3:11 PM, terrydtx said:

Your first mistake is calling and not getting something in writing. Mine and many others here, experiences with calling and talking with Celebrity reps is they mostly are wrong in the information they tell you. Unless you have it in writing it is not true or a policy. Prior to Covid we sailed in Concierge and never was there an expanded room service menu for breakfast or other meals that was different than the standard RS menu. See my post #116 to see the actual amenities as currently listed on the Celebrity website for Concierge class bookings. The ONLY reference to room service is "24 Hour room service" with a note at the bottom that it has a $9.95 delivery fee. As I have said before Celebrity is consistent with being inconsistent.

After a couple of cruises in Concierge we decided it was a joke and not worth paying more than a veranda and getting nothing of real value, so we then switched to booking Aqua Class.  After Covid we decided to only cruise in suites, but Celebrity is very quickly pricing us out of the suites.

All you have to do is ask for the enhanced RS menu and they bring those to your Concierge cabin.  I've been doing this for several years when the room steward conveniently forgets to put the correct RS menu in the room.

10 hours ago, CU64 said:

FYI The wording used on Celebrity description of “services for concierge cabin”…..is ENHANCED RS breakfast menu.

It seems that the description of amenities has changed.

Concierge no longer mentions enhanced or expanded RS however is it still listed for Aqua.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/aqua-class-stateroom

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

So if you order a glass of wine with room service does the drink package cover the wine or is there a charge for the wine?

You pay for the wine. If I remember correctly you actually pay 100% plus gratuity and it is not included in your package.  I do remember that it is delivered by a bartender separately from your food delivery which is how they justified the price.  I think it's similar to mini bar charges.

1 hour ago, lifeh2o4all said:

All you have to do is ask for the enhanced RS menu and they bring those to your Concierge cabin.  I've been doing this for several years when the room steward conveniently forgets to put the correct RS menu in the room.

"conveniently forgets"?   what are you implying?

11 minutes ago, chimchimtx said:

I do remember that it is delivered by a bartender separately from your food delivery which is how they justified the price.  

No.... It's not made by the  kitchen,  so  it's not delivered by them.  It's made by the bar, so it's delivered by them.  There's a charge (and always has been) because your drink package does not include room service. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

It seems that the description of amenities has changed.

Concierge no longer mentions enhanced or expanded RS however is it still listed for Aqua.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/aqua-class-stateroom

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

They could do away with Concierge level and make it Aqua and get more $$ and make BLU and spa more crowded. How many really use the Concierge anyway, its not like in Retreat where they get you real priority.

I upgraded my internet from the basic today using the CC status discount, but it was , remarkably, the $13 a day  sale price dfference betwen basic and premium.

when I went to  possibly upgrade the drinks from classic to premium, they would do it on the full price difference less the status  discount. Not talking about much ether way

So  I said the heck with it because  the price difference was  something like 42  a day pp and I figured each of us could have 4 upgraded drinks a day and still come out ahead by upgrading la carte.

I also clearly  learned that the AI approach is only good if we can get a decent savings via extra discount  on a group cabin-and in many  cases the group cabin comes with the refundable deposit.

The permutations are incredible but if one has time yo can and should look at all levels to see whats the best value.

and its not just the 9.95+ we are talking about--the menus are limited. Nothing expensive

Edited by HMR74

1 hour ago, HMR74 said:

They could do away with Concierge level and make it Aqua and get more $$ and make BLU and spa more crowded. How many really use the Concierge anyway, its not like in Retreat where they get you real priority.

I upgraded my internet from the basic today using the CC status discount, but it was , remarkably, the $13 a day  sale price dfference betwen basic and premium.

when I went to  possibly upgrade the drinks from classic to premium, they would do it on the full price difference less the status  discount. Not talking about much ether way

So  I said the heck with it because  the price difference was  something like 42  a day pp and I figured each of us could have 4 upgraded drinks a day and still come out ahead by upgrading la carte.

I also clearly  learned that the AI approach is only good if we can get a decent savings via extra discount  on a group cabin-and in many  cases the group cabin comes with the refundable deposit.

The permutations are incredible but if one has time yo can and should look at all levels to see whats the best value.

and its not just the 9.95+ we are talking about--the menus are limited. Nothing expensive

Any stateroom including insides can order off the MDR dinner menu during dinner hours in any room class; this was free until 2023

• Like 1

This entire thing is so petty by Celebrity.  Nickel and dimming (dime-ing) us!  So it looks like we need to bring an expandable tray on board to load up breakfast from the buffet to bring back to the room in advance of an early excursion.  

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Any stateroom including insides can order off the MDR dinner menu during dinner hours in any room class; this was free until 2023

I thought I read that ordering off the MDR menu was no longer an option even with the charge but I don't know for sure.   I should have checked when I was onboard Equinox early January.

Does anyone know for sure at this point?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

I thought I read that ordering off the MDR menu was no longer an option even with the charge but I don't know for sure.   I should have checked when I was onboard Equinox early January.

Does anyone know for sure at this point?

I thought I had read that also, from someone reporting their experience since the change.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

not true and even those that could, cannot any longer (excluding suites)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, capsplace said:

This entire thing is so petty by Celebrity.  Nickel and dimming (dime-ing) us!  So it looks like we need to bring an expandable tray on board to load up breakfast from the buffet to bring back to the room in advance of an early excursion.  

or you could pay more for the cruise... which would you prefer?  Petty?  maybe if it only involves 1 passenger, not thousands

18 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

or you could pay more for the cruise... which would you prefer?  Petty?  maybe if it only involves 1 passenger, not thousands

Heck, a passenger is still paying for the  "complimentary" dinner and consequently if they are paying a service fee for getitng servers in the MDR, then with the $11+ charge they shoudl be able to get it at room service.

Celebrity, Royal too)  has to go to its website and clean it up--there is a lot of old stuff inckuding somethign abiut the new edge class of the Edge and Apex. Their telephone system (which cut me off twice today) also has old promos in it.

Then they need a place in normal font says whats excluded in each class of service.Think of an insurance policy, it states limits and whats excluded. If something you need or want is excluded, whats the price to incude it, but they cannot exclude everything. Or can they.

Eg. Inside cabins can only use pool between 6 and 8 am and 5 and 8 PM, and obstructed Balcony 5  to 10 AM and 4 to 8 PM, etc, Retreat can use whatever they want at any time, provided however their net cost is over 1500 a day for the  cabin. Their card becmes like s RFID Gold card, More solid and teh thin sheet of plastic does not "unadhere". Or there is a chip implanted in Retreat Guests that has all the necessary info .

<<just joking around folks>>

but seriously, X and RCL have to improve the FAQ part of their websites so we can find things quickly and not have to call.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

not true and even those that could, cannot any longer (excluding suites)

What specifically are you claiming isn’t true?  I have direct experience with ordering dinner off the MDR menu as room service.  I do not know for 2023 if they’re still doing this which I did mention in my comment you quoted 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Heck, a passenger is still paying for the  "complimentary" dinner and consequently if they are paying a service fee for getitng servers in the MDR, then with the $11+ charge they shoudl be able to get it at room service.

Celebrity, Royal too)  has to go to its website and clean it up--there is a lot of old stuff inckuding somethign abiut the new edge class of the Edge and Apex. Their telephone system (which cut me off twice today) also has old promos in it.

Then they need a place in normal font says whats excluded in each class of service.Think of an insurance policy, it states limits and whats excluded. If something you need or want is excluded, whats the price to incude it, but they cannot exclude everything. Or can they.

Eg. Inside cabins can only use pool between 6 and 8 am and 5 and 8 PM, and obstructed Balcony 5  to 10 AM and 4 to 8 PM, etc, Retreat can use whatever they want at any time, provided however their net cost is over 1500 a day for the  cabin. Their card becmes like s RFID Gold card, More solid and teh thin sheet of plastic does not "unadhere". Or there is a chip implanted in Retreat Guests that has all the necessary info .

<<just joking around folks>>

but seriously, X and RCL have to improve the FAQ part of their websites so we can find things quickly and not have to call.

Actually you may have given some of the "Elites" on here some good Ideas!!😁

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Their pricing is dynamic and based on supply and demand...A 7 nighter on the Solstice this Saturday which appears to be at least half empty is selling an inside room for low-low price of $269/per person, sail only and before fees and taxes.  If the sailing is around half full you can try going to guest services upon boarding and see if you can get a low cost upgrade to a balcony, some have reported getting one for free

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Their pricing is dynamic and based on supply and demand...A 7 nighter on the Solstice this Saturday which appears to be at least half empty is selling an inside room for low-low price of $269/per person, sail only and before fees and taxes.  If the sailing is around half full you can try going to guest services upon boarding and see if you can get a low cost upgrade to a balcony, some have reported getting one for free

not relevant to the point ..

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

What specifically are you claiming isn’t true?  I have direct experience with ordering dinner off the MDR menu as room service.  I do not know for 2023 if they’re still doing this which I did mention in my comment you quoted 

I stick by my comment that this was not generally true. Perhaps on one ship? special circumstances? I've been sailing Celebrity for over 20 years.   Until the past few years,  you wouldn't even know what was on the menu unless you went by the restaurant that afternoon to see what was posted or asked in the restaurant the night before.

Edited by Guppy99

2 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

I stick by my comment that this was not generally true. Perhaps on one ship? special circumstances? I've been sailing Celebrity for over 20 years.

FWIW, I’ve never done it, but my understanding was that ordering room service dinner from the MDR menu was commonplace. That changed on January 1. 

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

I stick by my comment that this was not generally true. Perhaps on one ship? special circumstances? I've been sailing Celebrity for over 20 years.   Until the past few years,  you wouldn't even know what was on the menu unless you went by the restaurant that afternoon to see what was posted or asked in the restaurant the night before.

Calling room service during MDR dinner hours and ordering off of the MDR main menu is Fleetwide (not sure about the expedition ships).  I have direct experience and am not making assumptions

• Like 1