Chances of a Coastal Kitchen Reservation for Jr. Suite

Just talked to the LA on board.  We are "scheduled" for 45 Pinnies next week.  

Which still puts us under the threshold of 50 on Voyager.  Once again able to enjoy the SL coffee machine for my early morning Lattes next week.  🙂 

And no CK on this ship, hence our choice is our usual JS cabin.    Though we did get approval of keeping our same great table location in the MDR again for next week. 🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

No...silly ...it's the limbo cane you have limbo under.  Or over, depending on how tall you are.  😄 

Threshold "AKA maximum amount" of Pinnacles on each ship (determined by who knows who LA or HD I guess)  that they will allow into the SL or CL....before the suites people start to get pissy. 

Funny thing is we are under the threshold for Voyager (max of 50) at 46, but none of us are going into the SL for happy hour.  We are all hanging out in the VCL lounge (which is really pretty on this ship).   The SL is a ghost town each night.  Feel sorry for the concierge in there (who is a very nice lady).  

Gotchya.  I had no clue.  I live a sheltered life!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, not that I need more than 6 drinks anyway. 🫠

Exactly my point.   If we are in a full suite (always on ships that have a CK)....are they charging our vouchers...or are they charged as suites drinks?  

Luckily I never have to worry about it (though I think the suite's concierge is taking advantage with charging those drinks off to C&A)....since we never go over our six per person vouchers.  Any more  than that...I need to start checking into my local AA chapter.  😄 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Exactly my point.   If we are in a full suite (always on ships that have a CK)....are they charging our vouchers...or are they charged as suites drinks?  

Luckily I never have to worry about it (though I think the suite's concierge is taking advantage with charging those drinks off to C&A)....since we never go over our six per person vouchers.  Any more  than that...I need to start checking into my local AA chapter.  😄 

On Oasis class where the Suite Lounge is located with CK, in Sky Class you usually can get the complimentary drinks while seated at CK during happy hour (we did on the Oasis no problem in September).  On Quantum class where the suite lounge is far away, you have to use your vouchers. 

8 hours ago, psac said:

On Oasis class where the Suite Lounge is located with CK, in Sky Class you usually can get the complimentary drinks while seated at CK during happy hour (we did on the Oasis no problem in September).  On Quantum class where the suite lounge is far away, you have to use your vouchers. 

Not always the case.  On Wonder they were policing that quite well.  They could tell when they ran your card if you were simply JS pax.  The bartender would politely inform that guest (which must have come in for dinner, but are supposed to be allowed in the SL section), that they would have to put that drink on their voucher, assuming of course they were even at Diamond level to get vouchers.  

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Wait....we are only Diamond, but have a suite booked.

Am I correct in assuming that when we are in the CK (this is Serenade) they won't be using our Diamond vouchers but will use our suite vouchers.🤔

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mafig said:

Am I correct in assuming that when we are in the CK (this is Serenade) they won't be using our Diamond vouchers but will use our suite vouchers.🤔

You won’t be in CK on Serenade, as there is no CK on Serenade. Do you mean concierge lounge?

if so, you  are correct. If your daily allotment was charged, just  see the concierge or guest services to have it reversed.   Should you decide to have a drink any place else on the ship, your daily allotment will be charged. 

m

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You won’t be in CK on Serenade, as there is no CK on Serenade. Do you mean concierge lounge?

if so, you  are correct. If your daily allotment was charged, just  see the concierge or guest services to have it reversed.   Should you decide to have a drink any place else on the ship, your daily allotment will be charged. 

m

Yes, sorry, I meant Concierge Lounge.  

Thanks for your reply.💗

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Not always the case.  On Wonder they were policing that quite well.  They could tell when they ran your card if you were simply JS pax.  The bartender would politely inform that guest (which must have come in for dinner, but are supposed to be allowed in the SL section), that they would have to put that drink on their voucher, assuming of course they were even at Diamond level to get vouchers.  

Yes I should’ve clarified I meant for Sky class!  

2 hours ago, mafig said:

There is no CK on Serenade.  You will be using the CL (being in a full suite, not a JS), or your choice of the DL (due to you being Diamond).   

In the CL...you can do suite's free drinks, but only during official happy hour in there.  Just be sure to tell them not to charge your vouchers for those.  

In the DL (drinks only served during happy hour), or in any bar around the ship (at any time) you have a limit of four per person, per day.... at 14.00 and under for no charge.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villager70 said:

yes every morning except last on Harmony. Mariner and Independence

do last morning also

Thanks, one of my favorite perks. 

We have found that all the ships without a coastal kitchen provide breakfast the last day in specialty restaurants for Pinnacle/suites, since that would be the place for the suites to have breakfast.

On ships with no CK, there is either a combined suite/pinnacle daily breakfast or two restaurants are used.  Guess it depends on suite/pinnacle numbers. We’ve had it both ways, and either is fine with us.   
m

On 2/4/2023 at 2:51 PM, island lady said:

We are not Pinnacles but our drinks in the Suite / Concierge Lounge when sailing in a suite have never been charged against our vouchers.  

Will see how that works for us in two weeks when we are on Harmony which has extended Suite Lounge bar hours. 

On 2/4/2023 at 2:51 PM, island lady said:

I have a hard time drinking all six even with a glass of wine with lunch.🤣

Enjoy your cruises!!

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I have a hard time drinking all six even with a glass of wine with lunch.🤣

Enjoy your cruises!!

Our heavy days are days at sea.  We usually stop for a bloody mary for the upper tier (since they don't offer them any longer like in the "good old days"), then wine with lunch, drinks at happy hour, and wine with dinner.  Still keeps us under the voucher limit...but close to wondering where the AA chapter might be located back home.  😄