Individual vs Group Bookings - dinner reservations struggle

Cruise till you drop

So 6 of us (3 couples) are on the Edge late March for Panama Canal cruise. 

4 of us ( 2 couples) did individual booking either directly with Celebrity or with a TA

The other couple used their own TA and somehow have a group booking

Trouble is that neither the Celebrity app nor Celebrity guest services (1-800 #) are able to link us all for dinner.  Only the 4 of us can make main dining or specialty restaurant bookings.  And the problem is that prime times in both Main and Specialty dining are basically taken by now.

Our thought is that we may have to wait until we board to get this all straightened out.

Question - Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and have any advice if it’s possible to work this out before we board

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you can book the 4 and the other 2 book all for the same day and time.  It shouldn’t be a big problem to go to the restaurant the day before and asked that the 6 be seated together.

That’s the problem is that they can’t book same times (we have 8pm and they can only get 9pm).  

Either all the prime earlier times are booked, or Celebrity only posted limited times to book and holding some back for once people board

• 2 weeks later...

Contact your agent (both) and see if someone can fix it for you.

We invited my SIL and BIL on a cruise and I booked and paid for it with the same agent on the same card.   Tried to book a dinner reservation and got the same thing except it said the we either different currency or different group bookings.

I contacted my TA and he sent me a message back 10 minutes later saying -  try again.   This time everything is fine and I was able to book us all at the same time.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Contact your agent (both) and see if someone can fix it for you.

We invited my SIL and BIL on a cruise and I booked and paid for it with the same agent on the same card.   Tried to book a dinner reservation and got the same thing except it said the we either different currency or different group bookings.

I contacted my TA and he sent me a message back 10 minutes later saying -  try again.   This time everything is fine and I was able to book us all at the same time.

We have found no one at either the travel agent or Celebrity that can resolve this and the only solution they suggested was to deal with it once we board, or just show up when we want to dine and simply wait for an available table.

As we’ve exhausted every idea on how to solve this in advance, we decided to just do that 

Our fear though is that by the time we board, specialty restaurants will not have availability at a decent time

6 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Our fear though is that by the time we board, specialty restaurants will not have availability at a decent time

As long as you have the group of 4 booked at the time you want, and you go to sort it out as soon as you get onboard, I'd be very surprised if this was actually a problem. 

On 1/29/2023 at 6:11 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

So 6 of us (3 couples) are on the Edge late March for Panama Canal cruise. 

4 of us ( 2 couples) did individual booking either directly with Celebrity or with a TA

The other couple used their own TA and somehow have a group booking

Trouble is that neither the Celebrity app nor Celebrity guest services (1-800 #) are able to link us all for dinner.  Only the 4 of us can make main dining or specialty restaurant bookings.  And the problem is that prime times in both Main and Specialty dining are basically taken by now.

Our thought is that we may have to wait until we board to get this all straightened out.

Question - Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and have any advice if it’s possible to work this out before we board

We had this issue on our January cruise on the Equinox and we were told when we called to see the maitre'd when we got on.  All 3 had a 7:30 reservation and we linked our reservations on the website and they showed as linked on the app.  When we showed up for dinner the first night we could not be accomodated, not even as 3 individual reservations.  The hostess at the desk was just down right rude not something we have experienced before and we were polite.  Second night same issue and I found the Maitre'd and had him talk to my husband - the ONLY thing they could offer was 5:30 (saying we could show at 6 pm) or 8:00.  We made our reservations 5 months in advance. 

Obviously we weren't going to make a scene in the MDR.  In my contact with someonein the Executive Office - I was told we should have reported it to Guest Services.  So if they can't do it go to Guest Services.