Huge Celebrity price drop on transatlantics

4774Papa

We love transatlantics and compared X with Royal C. prior to booking for April 2023 from FTL to Rome.

Royal beat the heck out of X's price.

Now, less than three months from our cruise X has drastically slashed it TA prices.

Now they are a small bit lower than Royal, but we book early, like around a year ago.

Celebrity, how about offering better prices up front instead of the last minute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We love transatlantics and compared X with Royal C. prior to booking for April 2023 from FTL to Rome.

Royal beat the heck out of X's price.

Now, less than three months from our cruise X has drastically slashed it TA prices.

Now they are a small bit lower than Royal, but we book early, like around a year ago.

Celebrity, how about offering better prices up front instead of the last minute.

prices are run by revenue management based on bookings placed and time to sail.  Why lower prices when you dont have to ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tfred said:

prices are run by revenue management based on bookings placed and time to sail.  Why lower prices when you dont have to ?

This is capitalism—the law of supply and demand. There is nothing wrong with it. Cruise prices are like a game. You need to watch them often if looking for a deal. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you have the luxury of being flexible with bookings, start paying attention about 90 days prior to the sailing.  If there aren't a lot of bookings there could be some fire sales

My post shows the Reflection price at 81 days out , ship is less than 50% full 

21 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

My post shows the Reflection price at 81 days out , ship is less than 50% full 

It isn't sailing-wide, it goes by category occupancy.  I honestly do not know if X treats accessible rooms as it's own category or bundles non-accessible categories

11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It isn't sailing-wide, it goes by category occupancy.  I honestly do not know if X treats accessible rooms as it's own category or bundles non-accessible categories

A V3 is the same price if it is accessible or not , , this is the cabin beside the other one I priced 

6E5D34F2-A461-425C-AE22-EC13ADE0AE46.png

• Thanks 1

Just go to an online site where you can book a specific cabin. If they don’t offer guarantee then whatever is showing available probably is.  When they have a guarantee rate then you don’t  know how many of those may be sold but unassigned. 

I have my first TA next April on the Beyond, got a great price on the Sunset Verandah room.  Right now it's up over 1500 more than I paid for.  The only room Id move to is a suite and I would think about that long since I love the SV rooms.  

• Like 1

I booked my CC Silhouette  April 24,   TA on December 22nd 2022,   V2 Access Kabine 

ALL INC  for EURO 3300  with  $400 OBC.

Today 1st Feb 23  the same costs Euros 5210   

Prices are Just crazy. 

Happy cruising 

Stephen

16 hours ago, tfred said:

Yes, supply and demand is huge for pricing, but when your initial prices (until less than 90 days before) don't attract customers, a cruise line will loose customers that book other cruise lines.   X should have been smarter and offered better prices early.   

When planning a TA cruise booking early is important, since I have to plan our European trip as well as our one-way flight back to the USA.   Booking those flights get very expensive when booked closer to the flight date.

Given the reports from others on price _rises_ there's a reasonable basis to say they would have been crazy to have underpriced earlier, since prices in many cases are still rising.

There appear to be fewer reports of last minute price falls, which suggests that prices were not too high to begin with, so their approach is financially sensible and correct.

• Like 1

There was a huge price drop on our Oct, 22, 2023 TA - approx $1000! Plus an additional $200 OBC.  Orig booking (Silhouette prime veranda - on the hump on deck 7) was approx $3,400 -- revised total price $2450!  Did repricing about a week ago.