Rome to CIVITAVECCHIA Transportation

VetDrm

In October we used Stefano's RomeCabs to transport 5 of us and our luggage from our hotel near the Pantheon to the Civitavecchia pier.  Split 5 ways, it cost us 32 Euros each.

928DF3CC-A5F0-4F9E-9004-C4696D67C00B.thu

Getting picked up in front of the Albergo del Senato hotel, Oct 22 2022

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Used Rome limos, Civitavecchia cab company. The cheapest way is the train, but there have been robberies reported. Civitavecchia cab company is a shared ride so  less than a private limo. Been a while since I took them so you'll need to check prices.

• Thanks 1

Just the opposite. Disembarking cruise ship into Rome. Even better to our Rome hotel. There are 11 of us so adds to cost. Trying to keep cost down. Should we check into Celebrity transport? Even getting us to airport…we can train into city if necessary. 

36 minutes ago, all2me said:

Just the opposite. Disembarking cruise ship into Rome. Even better to our Rome hotel. There are 11 of us so adds to cost. Trying to keep cost down. Should we check into Celebrity transport? Even getting us to airport…we can train into city if necessary. 

Again there is a forum on Italy ports that gives hundreds of suggestions. 

FWIW we used the train.

We also took the train once but in the opposite direction.    We booked a Eurorail ticket to use after a cruise.  The train station is very convenient with a free shuttle to a lot closer to town and then you pay something like 1-2€ and drops you right at the train station.  The Train was quick to Rome and then connect with a high speed train to Venice. 

The only possible difficult part is in Civitavecchia elevators are limited and often broken and you may need to carry your lugged down a flight of stairs under the tracks and then up again to the departure tack.

I advertised on my roll call and we found 6 people travelling to the port and have split the cost of a private van - less than 30 euros each, which is way better than the cost I was looking at travelling alone.  So, if that is something you are interested in, your roll call may be the way to go.