We're considering Silhouette in April- any comments, advice?

j3000

Looking at the 4-night trip out of Miami, April 6.

Appears to be not many cabins left in the Oceanview category...few on Plaza Deck 3 - any pros or cons on that?

How's the grub? we're not to hard to please...but do like cleanliness. We dont do the speciaty joints & usually book the anytime. any comments?

Any other info you'd like to share re the ship / cruise would be much appreciated. thanks.

I've stayed in an OV on deck 3 and liked it a lot. I worried that the noise from the atrium would be bothersome but it wasn't. And it's a quick flight up the stairs when coming in from a port.

I'm sure a 4-night cruise will attract a slightly different crowd, but that probably wouldn't stop me from booking one. 😉

Hands down my favorite Celebrity ship in the entire fleet. When we last sailed

on her my DH lost his wedding band on our 15th anniversary, which we were celebrating on board. We had been doing a keto diet in the months before travel and he’d lost so much weight that it slipped off his hand in the mens’ room near Michael’s club. We happened to mention it to our butler later that afternoon. Later that evening we returned to our suite to get ready for dinner. Our butler decorated our room and provided us  with sparkling wine and a cake. BUT she also got in the weeds of the mens’ room and managed to find DH’s wedding band in the trash can near the door. DH also looked there but to no avail. Assuming it was a needle in a haystack, we gave up. Naturally we were elated and so appreciative of the extra mile. So maybe I’m just a little biased. 😊

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

Our favourite ship also!  Cannot comment on the food or anything else that is currently happening onboard the Silhouette as we have not sailed her since just before the pandemic.  But at our last sailing (Feb of 2020) she had just undergone a major refurbishment so was in excellent shape.  You say that you do like cleanliness....every X ship we have sailed on including the Silhouette has been very clean so hopefully that continues and should not be an issue.

I think I saw a thread titled something to the effect of "Just got off the Silhouette this morning" or something like that so should be some good up-to-date info there.  Enjoy!  

Edited by Reel Love
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

Appears to be not many cabins left in the Oceanview category...few on Plaza Deck 3 - any pros or cons on that?

How's the grub? we're not to hard to please...but do like cleanliness. We dont do the speciaty joints & usually book the anytime. any comments?

Any other info you'd like to share re the ship / cruise would be much appreciated. thanks.

Have sailed her 4 times since Covid - just book and enjoy. Deck 3 is fine just avoid Port side towards the front as front as it's under the disco or stay in the disco until it shuts😂😀

6 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

Please come join us;) We are booked as a part of a b2b

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

We’re boarding on the 13th for 10 nights. We’re not in a suite so will be doing MDR. I will def come back upon our return and give a review as we only have the basic wifi and even when we were on Eclipse in September it wasn’t allowing me on CC. I’m also curious as to the differences/cutbacks from that sailing to this one, just a few months later. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 2:03 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

We’re boarding on the 13th for 10 nights. We’re not in a suite so will be doing MDR. I will def come back upon our return and give a review as we only have the basic wifi and even when we were on Eclipse in September it wasn’t allowing me on CC. I’m also curious as to the differences/cutbacks from that sailing to this one, just a few months later. 

...13th of....which month??

36 minutes ago, Linsie said:

Four night cruise is a younger louder crowd…just coming off a 4 night which followed a 10 day….more of a party atmosphere. We are seniors ….perhaps you , if younger, will enjoy it more

Sometimes called "a booze cruise" for good reason.