The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 5th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

36 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

I can barely walk down the block or sit down for long periods of time.  I sadly watched our ship sail away without us. Then shortly after that I got a call that my son is now in the hospital so perhaps things work out for the best...

@tupper10, I'd send a hug but even a virtual one sounds too painful for your back. Instead, I'll put yours and your son's healing in my nightly prayers.🙏

-Melisa 

• Like 9

@marshhawk Blessings for Fern and you, her sister and all her care team.

@luvteaching You have the special privilege of caring for your spouse in the best way you see. Courage and confidence for you in your decisions right now!  And an open mind that things can change in time, and that’ll be ok too. 

@cat shepard  Sorry, meant to type DS for your sister.  So hard to see a sister in pain but being alongside her now is the best. 

May we all have a good rest tonight. m—

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Fawn was let off the porch today, I put some flea meds on her, which I hope helps with what ailed her, and she took off like a bat out of, well you know.  And then realized that she really didn't want to go too far, and she had been sitting out with me in the sun, until the sun went away...at which point it got cold, and I went on to the heated porch, and swept the floor, a lot of feathers were involved.  She also wanted to be with Mr. Bubbles, so I am hoping that both will return to the porch tonight.

One thing about my job, is that when I move from campaign to campaign, I usually get a different manager.  Last year, I got Lisa, a wonderful woman, in her 50's working on her doctorate in Hospital Management.  There were two employees, and a manager.  Very few hours, so I also went to work for Mike to make up other hours.  My coworker was a woman who I had worked with in the old days of our actually having an office to go to. She never was very friendly to anyone, so I didn't take it to heart, but Lisa was a motherly type and she would post us pictures of food, and we would have conversations about Lisa adopting and feeding us.  After several months of daily rapport, we did become friends, she lives in the Atlanta area, but I have no idea where, close to me I think.

I left Lisa when AZ opera ended our campaign, and got hours with another manager, and stayed with Mike (who has promised me a job with him as long as he heads up campaigns)  Lisa has been mentioning to me that she thinks we will get AZ opera back, so yesterday I got a call from her, and it wasn't about a job, it was about my coworker, she was in the hospital in ICU. 

Apparently she had Lisa marked in her phone, as boss.  And they were looking for next of kin.  She suggested that since Fern loved the Jackie Lawson cards, that I send her one.  I did.  Didnt hear back, didn't expect to, but then later in my shift,, Lisa called me back, she got a call from Fern's sister.  Fern is in a coma.  She had fallen, and that is the only information they would give the sister.  But the sister knew that Fern had a cat, and she didn't know her sisters address,she wanted it  to get there and take care of the cat.

This is something to think about when our whole lives have become automated, one we are human, and that means that things happen to us, and two, please know the address of your kin folk, don't let them be a number to push on a phone.  Please keep Fern in your prayers today.  I do not know how she fell, where she fell, or if she just passed out, and hurt her head...and while Roy had the nurse who knew nothing, Fern's nurse wouldn't tell her sister anything about her condition, where she was found, who found her....And because this was employee info, I was not to let anyone know about her condition.  Fern was an employee to them, but she was my friend, and I am very glad that Lisa called.

Annie, first it is a good sign that Fawn felt like leaving the porch.  I hope she continues to improve.  Second, I'm sorry about your friend Fern.  I hope she comes out of the coma soon, and that her sister can get some information about her condition.  It's hard to believe her sister doesn't know where she lives.  Since our little community is comprised of mainly senior citizens, we've  begun putting an emergency contact in or neighborhood address book for each family.  Right now it is voluntary, but most people have added their contact(s).

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Oh Vanessa, that is so funny to me!  When I renewed our passports they definitely didn’t come from Tucson. I hope it isn’t delayed much longer. BTW, all the mail here goes to Phoenix before going anywhere else. So if I mail something to someone locally it goes to Phoenix and then comes back to Tucson for delivery. Crazy. 

Sharon, I know about the Phoenix mail center since our mail in Quartzsite goes through there.  It can take our mail from Texas 2 or 3 times longer to go from Phenix to Quartzsite than from Texas to Phoenix.  We're talking about 120 miles verus 1200 miles.

58 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

What is going on with everyone here. So sad, so many people in mourning or hurt.  Please accept my heartfelt condolences.  

We were supposed to be on the Eurodam right now heading to the Panama canal but earlier this week I sat down and my back went totally out - to level 10 pain.  I had hoped that a steroid pack would help but on Friday, after being up all night on Thursday, I realized it was not a good idea to leave for a cruise today when I can barely walk down the block or sit down for long periods of time.  I sadly watched our ship sail away without us. Then shortly after that I got a call that my son is now in the hospital so perhaps things work out for the best, since on the cruise we would have been out of contact with him.  He has an abscess on his liver, now traveled to his lung and pneumonia.  They are supposed to drain the abscess tomorrow and he is on heavy duty antibiotics now.  Hopefully he will be fine!!!!  

I follow the daily every day and there is not a nicer group of people on this site.  Everyone is so caring to each other and for each other.    

I'm sorry about your back and missing your cruise.  I hope the back improves quickly.  I hope your son responds to the antibiotics and recovers quickly.  Sometimes, things work out differently for a reason. 

56 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

My mom and I loved sponge candy! Yummy!

For some reason it is only available here (MN) at Christmas time. We always bought some and enjoyed it; not sure what is wrong with the rest of our family..lol.

Now that she is gone, I still buy some and eat it in remembrance to her and our shared joy.

Would love to eat the ice cream with it in it! 

I can relate to your candy story.  My mother used to make candy at Christmas, a batch of divinity and a batch of choclolate candy.  I have made the chocolate candy at Christmas since we were married as a tribute to her, and to be honest, because I love it.  I only make it once a year.

41 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

If I mail something to someone locally it goes from Durango, CO to Albuquerque, NM (200 miles away) and then back to Durango. They tell me this is efficient.\

Susan, if we mail something here it goes to Waco, then to the DFW  metroplex and then back here.  Isn't efficiency wonderful?  🤣

Lenda

• Like 8

@tupper10 So sorry you are in so much pain and had to miss your cruise. I’ve had great results from a steroid pack but they do cause insomnia, but I didn’t care because I didn’t hurt so much! Prayers for you and your son. And the turn of events so that now you can keep in contact with him is amazing. Hoping you can recover easily and he can get on a path to wellness very soon, though the path may take some time. Keep us posted when you can. M—

• Like 7

Good evening, it's another busy day on the Fleet/Daily.  @StLouisCruisers  thanks for all your work to keep these threads working.   Another New Zealand wine  that I am not familiar with, we were staying in Central Otago recently , numerous wineries in the area. Also thanks for the photos of Waterford,  brings back good memories during one of our holidays driving around Ireland.  At  the Crystal shop purchased several  decorations from their Christmas selection.

@dobiemom  Bon Voyage.

@durangoscots  what a frightening experience, hope Bandit heals well.

@bennybear   and @cat shepard  sending sincere sympathy to you both .

@ottahand7 sorry that you your stateroom flooded, during one of our cruises the passengers two rooms along from us were flooded, and  the hallway

It's been a cooler day, temperature 24 C.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, tupper10 said:

What is going on with everyone here. So sad, so many people in mourning or hurt.  Please accept my heartfelt condolences.  

We were supposed to be on the Eurodam right now heading to the Panama canal but earlier this week I sat down and my back went totally out - to level 10 pain.  I had hoped that a steroid pack would help but on Friday, after being up all night on Thursday, I realized it was not a good idea to leave for a cruise today when I can barely walk down the block or sit down for long periods of time.  I sadly watched our ship sail away without us. Then shortly after that I got a call that my son is now in the hospital so perhaps things work out for the best, since on the cruise we would have been out of contact with him.  He has an abscess on his liver, now traveled to his lung and pneumonia.  They are supposed to drain the abscess tomorrow and he is on heavy duty antibiotics now.  Hopefully he will be fine!!!!  

I follow the daily every day and there is not a nicer group of people on this site.  Everyone is so caring to each other and for each other.    

I'm so sorry to hear about your back going out!  When my lower back hurts it really affects my life, but it's nothing like you've experienced!  Then having to cancel a cruise because of it.  But at least you were home when your son had to be hospitalized.  Prayers for him to heal and you to improve.  Please take good care of yourself.  

• Like 1