E-class MDR - reduction in number of choices?

Seacrab

I know there have been recent threads on reduction in offerings (and upcharges on lobster) in the MDR, fleetwide. 

However, looking in-app at current sailings, I’m seeing what looks like a massive reduction in choices for starter/entered on edge class ships. 

Is it accurate that there are now only 3 choices of starter and 3 choices of main from the rotating menu nightly? I believe this used to be 5 of each?

I appreciate each of the 4 restaurants have exclusive items which bring up the number of choices, but the reductions look incredibly painful with lots of favourites gone. 

I just checked our March 17 cruise on the edge and all of the menus have disappeared . I was just looking at them two days ago?? 
Maybe redoing and reducing?? I know I will still find something I like but curious if others can no longer see menus for upcoming cruises? 

44 minutes ago, Seacrab said:

By “everyday” do you mean the restaurant exclusives or the classics?

There are three sections to the MDR dinner menus on E-Class ships. First are the restaurant exclusives section, which doesn't change. Second are the classics section that doesn't change, and third there's the Celebrity Signature's section that changes daily. The last two sections are the same in all four MDRs.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I just checked our March 17 cruise on the edge and all of the menus have disappeared . I was just looking at them two days ago?? 
Maybe redoing and reducing?? I know I will still find something I like but curious if others can no longer see menus for upcoming cruises? 

I don't do pre cruise menu checks, but since you asked the menus for our 18 March Apex cruise only show kids menus, vegetarian, exclusive and classic desserts. All four MDRs. Not concerned. 

22 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

There are three sections to the MDR dinner menus on E-Class ships. First are the restaurant exclusives section, which doesn't change. Second are the classics section that doesn't change, and third there's the Celebrity Signature's section that changes daily. The last two sections are the same in all four MDRs.

Thanks, I’ve been on plenty of E-class. 
my question is about a reduction in choices in the signature section. 

52 minutes ago, Seacrab said:

Thanks, I’ve been on plenty of E-class. 
my question is about a reduction in choices in the signature section. 

Yes, the signature collection now has 3 starters - either 2 salads and a soup or 2 soups and a salad. No appetizers in the starters. Also, the main entrees have been reduced to 3 including a vegetarian entree. Seafood selection has been changed, lamb dishes are all gone, and a lot of pasta choices have been added on various days. We don’t eat beef but beef entrees have also been removed or changed. This was on Beyond January 8, 2023 sailing.

Edited by vkb2751
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

Yes, the signature collection now has 3 starters - either 2 salads and a soup or 2 soups and a salad. No appetizers in the starters. Also, the main entrees have been reduced to 3 including a vegetarian entree. Seafood selection has been changed, lamb dishes are all gone, and a lot of pasta choices have been added on various days. We don’t eat beef but beef entrees have also been removed or changed. This was on Beyond January 8, 2023 sailing.

I mean there’s cost reduction, and then there’s outright axe-wielding. 

To be honest, the menus look incredibly disappointing compared to what they used to offer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seacrab said:

I mean there’s cost reduction, and then there’s outright axe-wielding. 

To be honest, the menus look incredibly disappointing compared to what they used to offer.

Agree! We thought we could eat in OVC if we didn’t like anything in MDR but the dinner menu in OVC has been reduced to about a third of what they had. I get that they are trying to reduce wastage and save money but shouldn’t have cut options in MDR and OVC at the same time. 

Edited by vkb2751
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

Agree! We thought we could eat in OVC if we didn’t like anything in MDR but the dinner menu in OVC has been reduced to about a third of what they had. I get that they are trying to reduce wastage and save money but shouldn’t have cut options in MDR and OVC at the same time. 

It looks like Blu and Luminae still offer what I’d call “luxurious variety”, so maybe they wanted to put some distance between these two classes and the rest?

Edited by Seacrab
Spelling

11 minutes ago, Seacrab said:

It looks like Blu and Luminae still offer what I’d call “luxurious variety”, so maybe they wanted to put some distance between these two classes as the rest?

Luminae has 4 starters and 5 entrees.  So 1 more of each than the MDR.  However on E class the MDRs have the additional 2-3 exclusive  starters and entrees from each of the 4 MDR which expand the options far beyond what Luminae offers. 

4 hours ago, vkb2751 said:

What? No Tilapia? ☺️

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Our first Celebrity cruise is in May so whatever they offer will be a change from Royal and Carnival but could it be they’re making cuts/changes to get more people to buy the speciality dining and not a supply issue? 

It’s not a supply issue. They’re just cutting costs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

I don't do pre cruise menu checks, but since you asked the menus for our 18 March Apex cruise only show kids menus, vegetarian, exclusive and classic desserts. All four MDRs. Not concerned. 

You are way too early for the App to be anywhere near accurate.    About a week before is best you can rely on.   The remainder are just space holders.

Best to check a current sailing on the ship.   The menu will be the same as yours.

• Like 1

Here are the menus from the Apex MDR the last 4 weeks:

Night 1:

233378308_Night1.thumb.jpg.0dd5f3f9a8d126731bb72f9c465ee009.jpg

Night 2:

80275770_Night2.thumb.jpg.a752de17a857f66af914a1b507fc9f53.jpg

Night 3:

1770197489_Night3.thumb.jpg.1d8cb3c55ca5886ec73cff3cffbeda40.jpg

Night 4:

1078801404_Night4.thumb.jpg.6bf2cf3d08aed3e8dec99de59205a0d8.jpg

Night 5:

1167772362_Night5.thumb.jpg.afdc0f7e12142c612ca7fa79239f92a4.jpg

Night 6:

1983984150_Night6.thumb.jpg.a7c5e4afccfd3b39affaa873fb09ff7f.jpg

Night 7:

1330837646_Night7.thumb.jpg.2e9cf631d10c71976bcb434aca38cb2d.jpg

Cosmopolitan Specific:

Cosmopolitan.thumb.jpg.bfa40e1b9df425789fe5e7ec296fb576.jpg

Cyprus Specific:

Cyprus.thumb.jpg.3e088cec127016ac0049af8b1ce372d2.jpg

Normandie Specific:

Normandie.thumb.jpg.0fd85571b6f5d8b4ce1ba5dabc9728c4.jpg

Tuscan Specific:

Tuscan.thumb.jpg.fd4afb2dd0458310a4365381fde355b4.jpg

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are way too early for the App to be anywhere near accurate.    About a week before is best you can rely on.   The remainder are just space holders.

Best to check a current sailing on the ship.   The menu will be the same as yours.

That's not true. We are sailing on the 24th of February and the menus have been on the app for at least last month or two. They have currently disappeared from all of the dining rooms. They must be updating the menu's. I'm hoping for the better.

1 hour ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Our first Celebrity cruise is in May so whatever they offer will be a change from Royal and Carnival but could it be they’re making cuts/changes to get more people to buy the speciality dining and not a supply issue? 

I don’t think so as on a number of sailing the specialty restaurants were only booking to about 50% of capacity as they are short of staff.

• Thanks 1