Excursion that require water shoes

bluetardis

8 minutes ago, bluetardis said:

I don’t know what components are needed in water shoes. Is a pair of Teva sandals considered a water shoe? Please shed some light on this for me. Thanks

Depends on the excursion but I have been using Tevas as my water shoes when I needed water shoes for the last 30 years. YMMV

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bluetardis said:

My excursion is tubing in caves

You should have closed toe water shoes for cave tubing. Teva makes both kind. If your Tevas are closed toe they will be good. Most people buy the open toes sandal Tevas which it sounds lie you might have. 

• Like 1

I wore regular Teva sandals for the cave tubing in Belize with no issue. Just remember that you have to walk on a trail (I forget how long, probably 20 to 25 minutes) uphill to where you get in the water, and there are exposed roots and leaves on the jungle floor that are more easily tripped on wearing sandals. I’m a klutz and still had no issue. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Doesn't have to be water-proof...

I second that. I will say that your comfort is up to you but definitely consider protecting your feet from sharp rocks and freshwater crustaceans. Neither make for a fun experience.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I wore regular Teva sandals for the cave tubing in Belize with no issue. Just remember that you have to walk on a trail (I forget how long, probably 20 to 25 minutes) uphill to where you get in the water, and there are exposed roots and leaves on the jungle floor that are more easily tripped on wearing sandals. I’m a klutz and still had no issue. 

on our very first cruise we went on this excursion. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring flip flops on that cruise, let alone water shoes.... I went in my sneakers and completely ruined them by soaking them in the river water during the tubing ride...