Seems like most excursions have been sold out on NCL Getaway

Deacon22

I've already checked and posted on the Ports of Call.  Any one have any experience with non NCL excursions at Great Stirrup Cay and Royal Navy Dockyard?  Going with a 17 and a 16 year old next week.  Was hoping they had jet skiing available to book privately at one site.  Leaves an outside snorkelling trip or boat trip at another.  So my question is basically has anyone done anything they would like to share?  Once again, I already checked the Ports of Call category.  Thanks

7 minutes ago, Deacon22 said:

I've already checked and posted on the Ports of Call.  Any one have any experience with non NCL excursions at Great Stirrup Cay and Royal Navy Dockyard?  Going with a 17 and a 16 year old next week.  Was hoping they had jet skiing available to book privately at one site.  Leaves an outside snorkeling trip or boat trip at another.  So my question is basically has anyone done anything they would like to share?  Once again, I already checked the Ports of Call category.  Thanks

You won't find shore excursions outside of NCL's for Great Stirrup Cay, since it is NCL's PRIVATE island!!!

8 minutes ago, Deacon22 said:

I've already checked and posted on the Ports of Call.  Any one have any experience with non NCL excursions at Great Stirrup Cay and Royal Navy Dockyard?  Going with a 17 and a 16 year old next week.  Was hoping they had jet skiing available to book privately at one site.  Leaves an outside snorkelling trip or boat trip at another.  So my question is basically has anyone done anything they would like to share?  Once again, I already checked the Ports of Call category.  Thanks

There are no non-NCL shore excursions at Great Stirrup Cay. At GSC, wave runners and zip line. 

Royal Navy Shipyard you can arrange for private excursions. Or just catch a “taxi” (shared vans) to beaches. Maybe boring for kids, but a source of other excursions, you can catch the public ferry over to Hamilton for $5. Or the NCL free ferry over to St George UNESCO site.

28 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I'm on the Getaway in May and normally it’s showing 94 excursions but last night it was only showing like 14. Figured it was a glitch but either way glad I already booked all my excursions.

As you book excursions, the system filters out anything with conflicting times. Prevents you from double booking yourself. 

So, if you book a full day excursion, that is likely the only thing you will see in that port. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCL use to only sell so many online and then still have some available for when people boarded.  This however does not seem to be the case any longer.   As I found out last week while on the Encore...

I wanted a few excursions and did not want to pay ahead of time ( Villa on GSC was $800 alone) So as soon as I boarded I wanted to book them.  Even thou I was in the Haven , I was still unable to book what I wanted to do...

There are tons of taxis and beach shuttle vans available at Royal Dockyards. But I’m afraid it won’t be warm enough for the beach. Probably in the 60s. Hamilton is a fun town to walk around with nice lunch places and shops.. years ago we used to feed giant tortoises but I think they closed down the place.

If you're referring to the 2/18 sailing, I do know they cancelled some excursions for both the Orlando and Bermuda stops. 

One theory for the cancelled KSC (Kennedy Space Center) is that they were concerned about getting in to port at the 1pm timeframe, since the KSC excursion leaves at 1:30pm and KSC is only open until 5pm, it would be a waste. 

Excursions in Bermuda have been cancelled because of time changes, and we already are assuming that we will not make it there since they have cancelled the last 3 visits there due to weather and the narrow channel combination. 

18 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

One theory for the cancelled KSC (Kennedy Space Center) is that they were concerned about getting in to port at the 1pm timeframe, since the KSC excursion leaves at 1:30pm and KSC is only open until 5pm, it would be a waste. 

from what i read in other posts back in the day, not sure if it still the case now..but KSC is still open after 5pm, if you are in the middle of the tour that is in progress you can still do the tour. they do not kick you out 

at 5pm is when they stop letting new people in to do tours and start closing some parts like the gift shop area

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

from what i read in other posts back in the day, not sure if it still the case now..but KSC is still open after 5pm, if you are in the middle of the tour that is in progress you can still do the tour. they do not kick you out 

at 5pm is when they stop letting new people in to do tours and start closing some parts like the gift shop area

Thank you, I did not realize that. I considered booking a car and just driving, but with the 5pm close, I didn't think it worth it, but if they allow people there already to stay later that's great information to consider!

• Like 1

The Getaway got into Puerto Rico a little late in January (with a scheduled 4 pm arrival), and had a really inefficient disembarkment, so please be prepared for the fact that they may not allow you to have much time in Orlando.  

For Bermuda, if there's nothing on the port of call board, please try tripadvisor for private tours.  That won't help you with GSC, but you can arrange things in Bermuda if you'd like.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Are you sure you are still going to Bermuda?  

As of right now yes but I'm sure once we get closer to the cruise they will cancel.  Fully expect this to be a cruise to Orlando.  😃

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

The Getaway got into Puerto Rico a little late in January (with a scheduled 4 pm arrival), and had a really inefficient disembarkment, so please be prepared for the fact that they may not allow you to have much time in Orlando.  

For Bermuda, if there's nothing on the port of call board, please try tripadvisor for private tours.  That won't help you with GSC, but you can arrange things in Bermuda if you'd like.  

Think we are in Orlando for two days.

• Like 1