Can you bring fresh flowers (roses) onboard...?

NavyCruiser

We're embarking onboard Ruby Princess in Galveston this wkend to celebrate Valentines Day & our anniversary next wk.

Didn't see that we can pre-order flowers online.

Saw that we can buy 2 dozen roses for $25 at Whole Foods.

Flowers are not on the prohibited items list to bring onboard upon embarkation, but does anyone knows if we can bring fresh flowers....?

Thanks,

12 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

We're embarking onboard Ruby Princess in Galveston this wkend to celebrate Valentines Day & our anniversary next wk.

Flowers are not on the prohibited items list to bring onboard upon embarkation, but does anyone knows if we can bring fresh flowers....?

Thanks,

We have without any problems.  If you do want flowers once OB, you order them through GS, And they are beautiful!

image.thumb.jpeg.c1b68cb90ae64eff962b241fc6b395f0.jpeg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks,

I have done it several times in San Pedro ,California enbarking. Have no idea about  Galveston since it’s a New port for Princess,but definitely try it. And yes you can always wait till you get on board to order flowers. I know the only thing that you cannot do is take the flowers off. But by the time your cruise is over most people don’t want to take them off ,they are pretty much “gone/dead”.

Sorry about the person who’s Rose was thrown away in Fort Lauderdale port. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, darinscruising said:

My niece tried to bring one rose on the ship, they thru it away, which brought tears to her eyes. 

I’ve brought flowers onto the ship in FLL numerous times with no issues.  I have no idea why this happened to your niece, but it’s so disappointing!

Great.

Thanks for the info that we can order flowers once onboard, did not know that.

Yes, that's why I asked because there's not an exact policy in writing from Princess.  

Seems like it varies from port to port, state to state, security personnel, etc...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Great.

Thanks for the info that we can order flowers once onboard, did not know that.

Yes, that's why I asked because there's not an exact policy in writing from Princess.  

Seems like it varies from port to port, state to state, security personnel, etc...

If you access your booking go to Onboard Services and you will see where you can pre-purchase flowers to be delivered to your stateroom upon embarking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

If you access your booking go to Onboard Services and you will see where you can pre-purchase flowers to be delivered to your stateroom upon embarking.

Yes, tried that already.

Pls re-read my 2nd sentence from my orig #1 post above:

"Didn't see that we can pre-order flowers online."

I can purchase other stuff, as copied below, but NO flowers.

& that's the reason I asked on here....

Gifts from Princess Shops

Items are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice.

Stuffed toy bear dressed as a captain

Stanley The Bear$24.95

Stanley was a stowaway bear that started his journey on Princess in Alaska. He has made many friends all around the world and would love to be your new friend. Stanley is an adorable plush 15" bear ready to set sail with you!

Select
Deck of playing cards with Princess ship image

Ship-Specific Playing Cards$3.95

Individual playing card decks feature the ship of choice. Standard 52 card deck.

Select

Ship-Specific Playing Cards$5.95

Individual playing card decks feature the ship of choice. Standard 52 card deck.

Select
Two mugs with a Princess ship image

Ship-Specific Photo Mug (Qty 1)$11.95

Our 15-oz ship-specific photo mug with logo.

Select
Stainlesss Steel Water Bottle

Princess Aluminum Water Bottle$14.95

Stay refreshed wherever your journey takes you with the commemorative Princess Ship Stats Stainlesss Steel Water Bottle.

Select
Blue Tote bag

Princess Cruises Roller Bag$35.00

Our Princess Cruises roller bag is the perfect travel companion throughout your cruise vacation. The product features reinforced nylon and a retractable handle that conveniently fits in the overhead bin during your flight.

Select
White jacket

Princess Cruises Reversible Jacket$35.00

Our high quality reversible fleece to nylon jacket is the perfect addition to your cruise wardrobe while traveling on Princess. Features full zip-up closure with fleece lining and an adjustable hood.

Select
A bottle of Montblanc Legend cologne

Montblanc Legend (100ml, 3.4 Oz)$70.50

Montblanc LEGEND is an iconic fragrance for the charismatic and contemporary man. This subtle, but striking scent is a study in contrasts. Top notes are lively, bright and clean, while heart notes are woody and floral. The base ads a sensual component with tonka beans and sandalwood.

Select
A bottle of Sauvage by Dior

Dior Sauvage (100ml, 3.4 Oz)$81.50

A radically fresh composition, dictated by a name that has the ring of a manifesto. Natural ingredients, selected with extreme care, prevail in excessive doses. Radiant top notes burst with the juicy freshness of Reggio di Calabria Bergamot. Ambroxan, derived from precious ambergris, unleashes a powerfully woody trail.

Select
A bottle of pink J'adore perfume

Dior J'adore, Eau De Toilette (100ml, 3.4 Oz)$107.00

A unique bouquet of flowers, rich and generous, J'adore Eau de Toilette is a well-balanced, superb floral from Dior for women. Its richness is a source of inspiration.

Select

7 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Yes, tried that already.

Pls re-read my 2nd sentence from my orig #1 post above:

"Didn't see that we can pre-order flowers online."

I can purchase other stuff, as copied below, but NO flowers.

& that's the reason I asked on here....

Gifts from Princess Shops

Items are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice.

Stuffed toy bear dressed as a captain

Stanley The Bear$24.95

Stanley was a stowaway bear that started his journey on Princess in Alaska. He has made many friends all around the world and would love to be your new friend. Stanley is an adorable plush 15" bear ready to set sail with you!

Select

Ship-Specific Playing Cards$3.95

Select

Ship-Specific Playing Cards$5.95

Select
Two mugs with a Princess ship image

Ship-Specific Photo Mug (Qty 1)$11.95

Our 15-oz ship-specific photo mug with logo.

Select
Stainlesss Steel Water Bottle

Princess Aluminum Water Bottle$14.95

Stay refreshed wherever your journey takes you with the commemorative Princess Ship Stats Stainlesss Steel Water Bottle.

Select
Blue Tote bag

Princess Cruises Roller Bag$35.00

Our Princess Cruises roller bag is the perfect travel companion throughout your cruise vacation. The product features reinforced nylon and a retractable handle that conveniently fits in the overhead bin during your flight.

Select
White jacket

Princess Cruises Reversible Jacket$35.00

Our high quality reversible fleece to nylon jacket is the perfect addition to your cruise wardrobe while traveling on Princess. Features full zip-up closure with fleece lining and an adjustable hood.

Select
A bottle of Montblanc Legend cologne

Montblanc Legend (100ml, 3.4 Oz)$70.50

Montblanc LEGEND is an iconic fragrance for the charismatic and contemporary man. This subtle, but striking scent is a study in contrasts. Top notes are lively, bright and clean, while heart notes are woody and floral. The base ads a sensual component with tonka beans and sandalwood.

Select
A bottle of Sauvage by Dior

Dior Sauvage (100ml, 3.4 Oz)$81.50

A radically fresh composition, dictated by a name that has the ring of a manifesto. Natural ingredients, selected with extreme care, prevail in excessive doses. Radiant top notes burst with the juicy freshness of Reggio di Calabria Bergamot. Ambroxan, derived from precious ambergris, unleashes a powerfully woody trail.

Select
A bottle of pink J'adore perfume

Dior J'adore, Eau De Toilette (100ml, 3.4 Oz)$107.00

A unique bouquet of flowers, rich and generous, J'adore Eau de Toilette is a well-balanced, superb floral from Dior for women. Its richness is a source of inspiration.

Select

My sincere apologies.  I ordered stateroom flowers last week and I just checked and it is for our HAL Rotterdam cruise not Princess.  My senior brain sometimes gets a tad foggy!  Sorry.

• Like 1

No worries.

Yes, we were able to it for our HAL Rotterdam cruise to Norway last year too, but tulips from Amsterdam port. 

Different cruise line, diff foreign port, nice(r) security.

But just can't find info on Princess out of Galveston...

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 1

NavyCruiser-

Make sure you check back in here, either during your cruise or after and let us know which way you went as far as bringing on your own roses or purchasing them once onboard. I’m sure it will be helpful information for those that would like to do the same thing in Galveston. 

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

NavyCruiser-

Make sure you check back in here, either during your cruise or after and let us know which way you went as far as bringing on your own roses or purchasing them once onboard. I’m sure it will be helpful information for those that would like to do the same thing in Galveston. 

Will do.

I've already bought 2 dozen fake silk roses from Amazon for under $20 to bring onboard.  But they look cheap & fake.

Then saw these real fresh roses on sale at Whole Foods....

8 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks,

Flower orders are now taken at the passenger services desk when you board Princess ships. They cannot be ordered online anymore on the cruises we have done in the last two years..

Princess really has a beautiful assortment of flower arrangements for all occasions.  We find their prices very good (one of the best bargains on the ships) and their arrangements easily last 10 days.  We usually order the Princess Bouquet which is an arrangement for $39.00.  Flowers arrangements are usually delivered to your room that day or whatever day you request.  

It is a tradition of ours to always have fresh flowers in our cabin.  Also, we have never had problems bringing flowers on a cruise when we are in foreign ports and have bought flowers from local markets.  The cabin steward has always been able to find us a vase.  

Edited by Princessfan20
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, Lady Arwen said:

That used to be the normal place to order them, and I haven't seen the flowers offered since post-covid.  I always purchased flowers for the room, its just not offered.  I will check with guest services though to see if there is a change, and its just not advertised. 

Flowers from what i've learned..  you CAN bring flowers on-board, but they must be purchased from a retail store (or florist) and you need to keep them in the original package with the sticker., or wrapping or boxed...however the store/florist sells them.   This ensures that the flowers are not (say for example) a rose cut from your garden and brought on-board.  This is also my assumption of the gal who had her rose thrown away, it was a rose on a stem with no packaging.   

The purpose of this is to prevent any bugs from being brought on board that may be hinding in your personal floral garden, or a wildflower bouquet you brought from the roadside. 

On 2/9/2023 at 8:40 AM, darinscruising said:

My niece tried to bring one rose on the ship, they thru it away, which brought tears to her eyes. 

Wow that sucks!  If not on the prohibited list I wonder what prompted such a nasty response.  

8 hours ago, sunneesmile said:

Did you bring the vase too?

Yes brought the vase on board ,it was plastic . Put the vase & the flowers in the little plastic wrap that they came in ,put paper towel around them ( flowers)that was wet  & put them in a tote bag and on board they went 

I have brought flowers onboard in many ports.   I never thought about them being bought in retail markets?  I bought some on street corners and never had any problems.

I simply ask my room steward to bring a vase and I enjoy my beautiful flowers for as long as they last. 

You cannot take flowers off the ship!  They must be left.