LAPEL PINS

GeriatricNurse

10 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

I am 'Gold' Status and I have never received any information from NCL on the process to obtain a 'Bronze', 'Silver' or 'Gold' Lapel Pin!

Do I have to contact NCL directly in order to have them mailed to me or are all the pins available on each ship, at 'Guest Services'?

I got all 3 on Epic at the latitudes desk, I think cruise next may have them on the other ships.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

im sorry to ask this, but are you really going to wear them? we just got out sapphire pin, and it went right into the drawer when we got home

Hell yeah I’m wearing mine.   Sporting it just as proud as any pinnacle would.  With my cheap old winners ribbon for my 4 day scavenger hunt Lol.   Oh and my MSC pin too. Lolol.  

0EE96026-8FAC-4F2A-B05C-D25046DBC308.jpeg

B3434580-5FD9-4277-93A7-DB9B1A385D1F.jpeg

Edited by Cruise5life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, complawyer said:

im sorry to ask this, but are you really going to wear them? we just got out sapphire pin, and it went right into the drawer when we got home

I wear my Ambassador Latitudes Pin with my name customized on it -- but I see many wearing their other tier pins all the time, especially at the party. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, complawyer said:

I would rather get a 2 dollar bill than another one of those pins.  I'm sure that DW has ours squirreled away somewhere, but I'm just not a merit badge wearing type of person anymore.  I outgrew that about the time I figured out that nobody cared (I think that was around the time I turned ten and dropped out of such things).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I would rather get a 2 dollar bill than another one of those pins.  I'm sure that DW has ours squirreled away somewhere, but I'm just not a merit badge wearing type of person anymore.  I outgrew that about the time I figured out that nobody cared (I think that was around the time I turned ten and dropped out of such things).

As you know, nobody is forcing you to either take or wear the pin. If you don't want to wear it, fine...your choice. Someone else wants to, fine...their choice. Everyone can do what makes them happy.

Just can't understand why you'd bother painting this with such a negative light on what others may want to do. Can't you simply let others do what they want without throwing shade?

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

I wear my Ambassador Latitudes Pin with my name customized on it -- but I see many wearing their other tier pins all the time, especially at the party. 

If I had to come up with a list of the lamest things I could do on my vacation wearing a cruise corporations "pin" would be quite close to the top of the list. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, MSP_CRUISER said:

If I had to come up with a list of the lamest things I could do on my vacation wearing a cruise corporations "pin" would be quite close to the top of the list. Lol.

Yet somehow not as lame as sitting behind your keyboard crapping on people simply because they have a different view of the pin than you have.

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Yet somehow not as lame as sitting behind your keyboard crapping on people simply because they have a different view of the pin than you have.

I know quite a few people that are into "status". I've always thought it was a strange thing to be proud of. We cruise because we enjoy it. We enjoy the perks of our status, but never think of it as something to put on display for...others.

• Like 3

hey sea shark: why do you always seem to get your knickers in a twist? it seems that after any given question or comment, you're the one "throwing shade" 

i just merely inquired if the op was actually going to wear the pin. i wasnt berating, criticizing or making fun of him/her..

we're sapphire, and have been on over 24 ncl cruises. consequently i have a drawer full of those latitude pins. yes! i know i could have turned them down, but it's way easier just to accept them, say "thank you" and throw they in the suitcase.

god bless anyone who wants to wear/display them proudly

by the way, it's completely wrong to call out chiefmate jrk. havent you figured out by now, that most of his posts are firmly tounge cheek and almost entirely satirical? 

it's a forum site, you neednt take yourself nor the posts so seriously.

im and old man, so best advice to you is "LIGHTEN UP"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MSP_CRUISER said:

I know quite a few people that are into "status". I've always thought it was a strange thing to be proud of. We cruise because we enjoy it. We enjoy the perks of our status, but never think of it as something to put on display for...others.

And that is perfectly fine...for you. I just don't understand your negativity toward others who feel different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i just merely inquired if the op was actually going to wear the pin. i wasnt berating, criticizing or making fun of him/her

I realize that you just asked a simple question. I didn't quote you, respond to you, or say anything about your post.

Yet you want to jump on me...better check as it appears that your knickers are knotted. As for the topic, I haven't expressed an opinion either way...I just don't understand why people here have such a problem when someone has an opinion different than their own. Wear a pin if you want, don't wear one if you don't want, but find something to replace the judgment of other people's choice in the matter. What part of that do you have a problem with?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

And that is perfectly fine...for you. I just don't understand your negativity toward others who feel different.

I don't care for the non-inclusive, attention seeking nature of it. What's the message you trying to send by wearing it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lhlm75 said:

I didn’t know about the pin?! I thought NCL did away from them.

They did away with the ship specific pins, and when they revamped the program in January 2022, they introduced new pins in coordination with your Latitudes Level. You can pick up yours at the Cruise Next Desk onboard the ships the next time you cruise 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, romalley99 said:

Can you please post a picture of it, I have never seen one, as mostly cruise Royal.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:38 AM, GeriatricNurse said:

I am 'Gold' Status and I have never received any information from NCL on the process to obtain a 'Bronze', 'Silver' or 'Gold' Lapel Pin!

Do I have to contact NCL directly in order to have them mailed to me or are all the pins available on each ship, at 'Guest Services'?

What would be even cooler than that is a lapel pin of your absolutely awesome Canadian poutine Venn diagram logo. Where can I get one of those? 

Asking for a friend, by which I really mean yours truly because I really want one. 

Edited by zzdoug

20 hours ago, MSP_CRUISER said:

Don't  you just love the CC posts that begin: "Our status is Unobtanium" and continues: "and we were treated as if it was our first cruise.  We had to ask several times to get our six free liters of water in our room.".

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2