Celebrity Eclipse USB outlets ?

toutou

You don't mention which cabin grade you are in, but if it is a veranda for example then there will be no USB outlets, but by the desk there are two US outlets and one European outlet so easy to power a multiport USB charger from there...

There were none last time I sailed Eclipse. We always bring a multiport USB hub because even if there are USB ports available on the ship we're sailing there are never enough to charge 2 phones, 2 tablets, 2 kindles, smart watches etc. We also bring a European adapter and plug the USB hub into the European outlet and free up the limited US outlets for important stuff like hairdryers and hair curling/straightening devices.😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In addition to "USB" ports (known as USB-A) virtually all new devices these days come with USB-C (smaller) charging cable on one end therefore if you're going to spend money on a hub you should make sure it's "future-proof" with USB-C ports.  If you don't have one at home, this one is $13.99 and has a $2 off coupon

image.thumb.png.aee31af106e839f867495a18894c80e1.png

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

... and the ship supplied hairdryers usually have a European plug...

I never can use them, they are too weak for my mop. I'd spend my whole cruise drying my hair lol. Also I don't like having to constantly keep the switch depressed to get airflow...but that's another and entirely different thread.

Edited by Luvcrusn

11 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I never can use them, they are too weak for my mop. I'd spend my whole cruise drying my hair lol. Also I don't like having to constantly keep the switch depressed to get airflow...but that's another and entirely different thread.

Agree totally 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 4:25 PM, toutou said:

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are booked on the Eclipse for this summer. Since this ship is not brand new, we were wondering if we can find some USB outlets in the cabin ?
Thanks for your help !

Except in Suites on the ships that have been "revolutionised' no S class cabins have USB ports nor sockets by the beds. There are just 3 outlets all just above the dressing table top - 2 US, 1 European and no British.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

Does anyone know if there are USB ports in Celebrity Suites?  Thanks

Do you mean the category Celebrity Suites (CS) or just suites in general?  In our CS on Equinox (which was partially revolutionized) there was no USB outlet.   We bring a three prong adapter (US) to extend our outlet.   We then plug our phone or iPad chargers into that.  There is a 220V European outlet and you can bring an adapter and use that too for USB devices.

46 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Do you mean the category Celebrity Suites (CS) or just suites in general?  In our CS on Equinox (which was partially revolutionized) there was no USB outlet.   We bring a three prong adapter (US) to extend our outlet.   We then plug our phone or iPad chargers into that.  There is a 220V European outlet and you can bring an adapter and use that too for USB devices.

I meant CS category on the Eclipse.  I do bring USB splitters, but thought I'd check.  Thanks

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 1:49 AM, the penguins said:

Except in Suites on the ships that have been "revolutionised' no S class cabins have USB ports nor sockets by the beds. There are just 3 outlets all just above the dressing table top - 2 US, 1 European and no British.

We are on Silhouette for a month this summer, in a regular verandah cabin. We were planning around the setup in the photo above.

Are you saying that some of the cabins in the fully revolutionized ships got the newer setup of outlets, like E-class?