Can I get back off on Embarkation day?

tabprincess

After I drop my carry on bags in my stateroom on embarkation day, I would like to run to the Walgreens near Port Everglades to pick up a few things i didn't want to pack.  Am I allowed to leave the ship?  If anyone has done this recently, can you also tell me how to get back on without going through the embatkation lines if possible?  Thank Youz1

1 minute ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Yes you can get back off and back on, and No you cannot avoid the line coming back on. 
Same thing as leaving the secured area of an airport to go back to your parked car to get something. 

You can avoid the line, you will get a transit pass

Because nobody in the chat line has ever been onboard a Princess ship.  They are as useless as a fur coat in Cairo. 

Yes, you can disembark and reboard.  

You won’t have a transit card, but when you come back, after you go through the security check, you’ll just proceed directly back onboard.  

• Like 2

Absolutely can get off the ship after checking in on embarkment day.  We frequently do this to drop off luggage, then go to wherever we want to pick up those incidentals that I'm unwilling to pay the airline for (IE wine, sunscreen, liquids).  I've done this numerous times when flying.  

• Like 2

And the bonus is that when you return, even though you’ll have to redo the embarkation process, you will encounter few (usually VERY few) others boarding later in the day. 

The last time I did this, I never stopped walking and barely even slowed down from the time I (re)entered the terminal until the time I set foot on the ship.  

• Like 1

The only way the re-boarding would work quickly, and board before other passengers, is if you had an in-transit pass from a previous cruise. Although at that time in boarding most of the initial crowd will probably be boarded so it shouldn't take that long anyway. 

Sometimes it pays to save old documents, just in case. 😉😁

41 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I have probably run back to the car in Ft. Lauderdale ... 50 times.

Never had a transit pass.

When I have done a back-to-back, I have had a transit pass.

While you really don't need one, it makes re-boarding a lot faster when you hit a big crowd early in the afternoon. 

If you are taking an uber, you can add walgreens as a stop before you go to your ship and they will wait for you if it is a quick stop. I usually tell them I will be 15 min and give them $10 or $15 cash (you are not required to do this but they are happier to do it when I give them cash) 

You may be able to do this with a taxi as well but I would agree on an amount ahead of time.

15 minutes ago, jenp123 said:

If you are taking an uber, you can add walgreens as a stop before you go to your ship and they will wait for you if it is a quick stop. I usually tell them I will be 15 min and give them $10 or $15 cash (you are not required to do this but they are happier to do it when I give them cash) 

You may be able to do this with a taxi as well but I would agree on an amount ahead of time.

That's true but boarding the ship and then getting back off to go shopping does have it's benefits, if you know what I mean.